DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Refund prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kindo
PostSun 03/23/03 5:22pm
new_puppy_dog_eyes.gif  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff's sig wrote:

"Live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Show respect to all people, but grovel to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home. "

Tecumseh

that quote is so lame compared to the badger ones, cmon bring them back!
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin, what the heck? You fall off the crack-wagon? That sig is ... indescribably awesome. True, it's not as good as a badger sig, but it's NOT lame.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just idea would it be possible to have some noticeboards one for swords one for rings etc were people could post there items for sale people could then contact the player if on line with tells.Any non relevant messages would be harshly punished and there would be no need at ALL for shouts.Go to the market post yer goods if people intrested they could come and look and make arrangements.Adverising billboards I think could work at least worth a try .I know billboards are feasible seen them used in a different fashion on other servers.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
Z
PostMon 03/24/03 5:17pm
I would like to see something like this too, it would make trading/bartering much, much easier.  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostMon 03/24/03 7:22pm
about the 15 or so bags being bought to carry junk? guilty as charged...  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naaahhh.....what we NEED is storage rooms or deposit boxes where we can deposit all of our junk....because i dont know about the rest of yall...but my lil Halfling with 6 str is having a hard time luggin around all tha tallie swords and shields....and never mind all his GOLD!!!! he has to Carry around with him....*phew*....makes me feel tired just thinkin about it.... icon_cry.gif

GOLD!!!

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Truia
PostTue 03/25/03 7:54am
well Bri has made a bank, but I guess that doesnt really work with the item problem though.  Reply with quote

AliZee'
PostTue 03/25/03 8:13am
hmm...where is this bank?  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostTue 03/25/03 8:47am
We killed the banker. Exploit...
He might be back though. Chests are being worked on as well.

Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the banker was hashsmeer in disquise, and he stole all you money and is living very well on a remote island. icon_rolleyes.gif
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral Reef goes back to drinking ... and thinks ...
How could I be so stupid ... To trust a banker with my money ...

How will I be able to afford ... sigh.

OOC:

By the way, a bulletin board in El market place would be much appreciated!
View users profile Send private message Send email
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check south coast church for bulletin board.
Check for traps first icon_biggrin.gif
Ivellios
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of an entirely player based economy. Here are my reasons:

First, it depends on the fact that there will be another player there to contribute to it.

Second, the other player there is hopefully of sufficient power and capability to successfully contribute.

Third, it requires a starting character to rely on higher-up characters for starting capital. Starting to learn a tradeskill can be an expensive venture.

Fourth, I think PaulJonas had it right when he said there needs to be a better way of inventory, marketing and distribution.

Fifth, it's hard to beat the consistancy of a bot merchant.

--

That's it. I'd also like to say that I used to play on Lands of Lore and they went heavily into the player economy base system, and although they're a successful server, it's hard to get started there without owing a few other players there some major thanks.

In addition, I really like Dystopia because they still use the bot-merchants. The bot-merchants were put into the game because they were effective and convenient. If there are those who worry about no RPing while at a merchant, ask yourself this: Do you roleplay all your merchant encounters in tabletop D&D?

If you want to encourage more RPing, try a little more DMing. I'm sorry if that statement comes out spiteful. It wasn't supposed to. It's just that I've found RP DMing really encourages players to RP. Really!
Jilessa
PostMon 04/21/03 10:57pm
Well as many of you have probly noticed...the only things you can sell are uber items...Noone wants to buy a Leather armor.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: