DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I have an Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: I have an Idea Reply with quote

Has anyone ever hit the "*" key on the numpad? It brings you down into a up close view of your character. You can see forward but not behind, you see in a sort of cone view.

I think, that everyone should be forced to play in this veiw. Once you get used to it, it really is more fun. The battles become more than just click here, click there, watch. They become exciting, moe stratgic. Thieves can sneak up behind players, enemys can amubush you from behind. You will acully have to look around for your enemy. People can hide behind rocks, trees, boxes, cliffs. It truely adds a more realalistic feel as well as just being 100% more fun to play. It even adds to RPing, you would be surprised how much it could cut back on Powergamers, just trying to PK. You finally get to see how small your halfling is compared to the trolls and Ogre.
Is there anyway that when a player logs in his view could be locked as this? It would truely help the module become the best around!

Edit, maybe make it where if you dont hit the * key on the numbad withen say... 5 min. Then you are booted. If you hit it more than once, then you get booted. Simple, yet effective. icon_twisted.gif
Norrec
PostSat 04/19/03 11:11pm
Feel free to post your ideas.....  Reply with quote

gaea106
PostSat 04/19/03 11:24pm
I will check it out and let you know.  Reply with quote

Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already play in that position. It's nice to play in that position but i have unlocked camera and that's nice to. Overhead view helps sometimes as well.......
Norrec
PostSun 04/20/03 12:31am
Yeah but unless everyone uses it, then your at a big disadvantage...  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norrec... you found that out ?
When? lol I've been playing in that mode for as long as I play nwn... I use WSAD to move around and can still check behind me by moving the mouse....

Blah =) Dont force someone to play in some way... some people dont like it... simple. You could try to make some script so you can only see things in front of you... but dont think thats actually possible. icon_exclaim.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I coulndt scipt something if my life depend on it....
Well, I havent had NwN all that long.... Im sure theres lots of things I dont know icon_cry.gif
Well if everyone likes it.... why not use it?
Error247
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20
 30%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I have an Idea Reply with quote

Norrec wrote:
I think, that everyone should be forced to play in this veiw.

great while were suggesting to force people to do what you want i suggest everyone be forced to wear the same crap gear you start with! GREAT IDEA! the view is made the way it is for a reason... PERSONAL PREFERENCE

oooooh... another addition to the wonderful world of geniuses....
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, I agree with Error, I prefer a far more low profile view than that gives you. I like to look right over my character's head when I play most of the time. But I certainly like to be able to move the camera around for different situations.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
AliZee'
PostTue 04/22/03 3:32pm
exactly...why it gotta be "lets FORCE everyone to use this view"??? i dont want to use that view  Reply with quote

Geoff
PostTue 04/22/03 6:27pm
Let's force everyone to stop forcing people to do things! Hoo-ya!

-Andy

Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that view, is pretty cool, and talking to Nemor, in game i see his point it let's people sneka up behind you

BUT if biowear wanted people to have a limited view, it would be FIRST PERSON and not third !

so down with forceing people to force people to be forced !
Geoff
PostTue 04/22/03 6:45pm
I saw a movie once called Maximum Force II: Force on Force  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: