DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A long day explained..

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: A long day explained.. Reply with quote

I have the feeling that some of you were disapointed by the out come of the event, or lost in the middle of it...

here is the details of the event, i hope he will help you understand it a bit more... It was possible to figure it out entierly, but you needed to momunicate a bit more i guess, or a bit less in the ( HERE is the monster to be killed where is the Next) way.

please notice that every thing was not fixed in advance, actually there were several sub event that were inducted by players action...

notice that i started this event at may be 10 am DMed it t'ill 1030 PM
and finished it today

Last edited by Y on Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plot: three souls trapped in hell (wizards) want to get free, to archive that they are triing to archive an old exploit done by Glorin the Wrench long time ago

icon_arrow.gif Part (1) Bodak in the Storm:
Some players randomly chosed witnessed stranges storms of vengences in the middle of witch a bodak.... actually this appened about 8 times...
the bodak was not reacting until the player was in the storm attaking
therefore 2 out comes were possible
a) player do nothing and wait for the storm to pass... the bodak dissapear with the storm
b) the player go into the storm and attack the bodak, IT the player hitted by the storm ?
3 players out of the 8 went into the strom and were hitted by it
Coralreef (in the crypt (krawen))
OGT ( in kraven wood)
Lady Noka ( on eleriina's docks)

once i had 3 i did not needed any more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Part (2) the Gerek House

lady noka and her party were disturb about the storm event... they did not realise at the time is was part of a master plan but chose to investigate this bodak thing...
( they did not notice regular bodak do not cast storm ..., neither that the bodak was not affected by the storm)
any haw there investigation lead them to the gerek path (bodak could be either lech sumon or lives in the gerek, according to the dyso mosnter compandiun)..
that day the gerek house was open... a dog was inside alone... pretty stressed... unfortunately the player only barely( they really did not) notice that the dog was stressed by noka being there.
that said the player founded a book about evil in sylvandale but nothing really precise.

may be called by a party mate, conral reef comes at the house as the other were leaving, and information os passed between players that a borak was in the crypt... the trouble is the information was not complete:
it did not said 2 hours ago i saw a bodak in the crypt in the middle of a stom, and i killed him.. so i think that the players assumed that it was the NEXT, when it really was the before.
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part (3) the crypt..

severals party rendevous at the crypt

there is a temple in the crypt on top of the temple is a portal surounded by 3 "beams" of light but in triagle, on each of those beam a bodak.
an a lich.
those arent really hard to kill, and actually are killed rather easily
be for the lich dies... it says something like " you are too late "
players destroy the portal and the light etc...
so i gues not every one had the time to see the setup , neither the information did pass concerning what was there...

=> what was to be understood.
the lich was conducting a ritual likely to open a gate , the lich needed the borak, and likely the previous borak were related... they were to late ?? for what nothing came out the gate an anyway they managed to close it (ooc) but i accepted it ic
_MJ_
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had fun in the parts i participated in but there wasnt a full communication of events and that led to most of us being in the dark other than knowing we had to stop the lich from taking over so its a learning experience for everybody but still fun.
Y
PostTue 04/22/03 10:41pm
part 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 to be posted if requested  Reply with quote

Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Wow, I missed a LOT more of the action than I realized. Only heard of the lich and the bodak, etc. second-hand and got to Gerek's house late.
One suggestion ... have events in a server that isn't completely full. I wasn't able to get back in when the server was locked to 20 and so I missed a chunk in the middle.

Please do post parts 4-10.

However, what I saw was interesting. Had fun, thanks!

Tae icon_razz.gif
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was fun i was there for the most parts but i think there was alot of ooc going on and alot of other events were being brought which was getting confusing to put everything togthere and the one note i think was passed around like to 20 different people and when we need it the most the person that had the note was not online ahhh hehe. But over all it was pretty fun and I say more Events i think their the best around and its really the only way I get XP hehe.
View users profile Send private message
Dark / Omen
PostTue 04/22/03 11:35pm
Oh yeah i had a question how about an Evil event sometime all this goody goody stuff is making Omens belly hurt HaHA  Reply with quote

Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the remaining parts, for only then will we get the whole picture....it just might get people to actually think to post what they see (those who do participate on the forum) After speaking with many people it was astonishing how much was not shared.
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif part (4) Orcs & Roll

The eleriina valley is filled with archer goblins ( indian style, on the hills)
*without an explanation* I beamed every one there, I first wanted to have one player to "accidentaly" notice the invasion but... a wrong click made me skip that (for the best i thing)

as the player progressed on the valley then ended up at jeashan entry where orcs were guarding..
a full army of low int (orcs gnolls) were assembled in the (turn left once in jeshan part of the map)
mini boss wher there (3 bones guardian low lvl, some golem, low level again) this lead them to go to the Magic shop house.

the shop keeper was unusualy out side.. At first he said some thing about orc not being able to do there job, no player picked that up...

then he acted weirdly he seemed fighting vs something, like if he was pocessed "go away i wont do it no no* the player feelt something was wrong ... some force was also moving them around.. the shoop keeper goes to the clif continue to talk weirdly I said *you see him spell casting*
and a golem appeared.. (this time hard one) but it got easyly defeated.
soon after obviously fighting vs something the shopkeeper jump out of the clief and dies.. at this moment an evil balor appear... during the fight , the players are moved again..
after the fight a player succeded to resurect the shopkeeper:

He had a complete memory blank could not remember anything... his last memory are him reading in his shoop..
the player lern that is was not a magical book that could have pocessed him but a history books with no magical power... unfortunately the book is now missing... the book was about about an ancien evil who was helped by a lich and bodak to rule the world... no real further details...

=> at this point a thought i already gave out to many clues...
you had a lech a portal, some bodak, an evil forced who pocessed a npc..
=> i would have expected the player to think:
- the leach set free the balord with the help of the bodak
- stange why would the book about this story disapeared ? why was it stollen from this shoop keeper
- there is something we did not find yet...
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Part (5) Eleriina librairy under fire... while the party was in jeshan. Muric, arrived in eleriina he notice dark cloud of smoke in the west part of the city... the librairy was on fire...
inside the librairy: 6or 7 ninja sshadow fighter burning the place down
real disapoindment all(nearly all) the player died: those ninja were only CR22 real peace of cake compare to the golem and the balor that was killed earlier... anyway eventualy a late to come party memeber arrive and resurect the dead party memeber.
meanwhile the ninja had left ..
In a great roleplay the player managed to stop the fire.. but a great part of the librairy has been lost.. remaining was of map about a secret passage near sylvandale leading to an undergroung...

icon_arrow.gif to me it was obvious:
=> book missing at the magic shop
=> book being burned at the library
=> this was related to the same thing
=> some one did not want that the player found more about this acient evil story...
=> since the library burned after the balor died
=> wasnt hard to guess that some thing above the balord was beheing this
=> was this old evil back ? or was it an other ?
=> why would he want for the player to find out about this old history ?
=> didnt the leach said that it was to late?
=> was he set free or not?
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Part(6) doppelganger in sylvandale

this was actualy an non event:

as some of the party was searching sylvandale forest for hidden passages
some of the isolated character were attaked by other players... (clones)

despite my try(dm paralyse) to make you realise is was not some player/joker messing around ...
I read dozen ooc talk about some idiot impersonating a fake noka, that he should be baned reported etc...
so actualy there was 3 clones attacking players: OGT, CORAL, NOKA
in the end you realise It was a DM because you were seeing " 0 damages"
and i was moving "fast" .......................... (I think it is at this point that the evend drifted ooc)

Stricly speaking it could have been the real OGT gone mad
or pocessed. a look a like ...etc

the relation between the clone and the event was rather gathered by you ooc.
at no moment what so ever anyone wondered why those players....

=>3 players, acting weird, or having clone...
=> we had 3 bodak in the past
=> 3 beam of light
=> is this coiincidence ?
=> is there a link between them? what about those storm and bodak this morning...
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif part(7) Dreams or reality

this is actualy a side nonevent * out side * the time line of the event
it happend to each of OGT , NOKE (and coral if had had the chance)

they wake up or have a vision ( they are not sure its real)
that they are in hell... a voice says is laughing at them...
then there clone appear... it blink in and out and stabilise to an evil red moster form..
It tells them that the end of the world is soon that they are part of it, that they cant stop it from happening and that if they try evryone will think they are mad and disbelive them...
when they wake up ? they are in soul city and are left to die to a balord
(nb they did not died and kiked the balord ass)

=>thing is OGT ( sorry ladys if i am a heart breaker ) is rather Evil and the end of the world to come etc... he can deal with that as long as he get ale and free se* ... (so yes ogt wasnt really inclined to help you out)

=> noka and coral were not there first to dream was ogt..
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif part ( 8 ) stuck in sylvandale forest...

the attack of the clone basicly confirmed there was something in sylvandale..the party looked all over the forest and finaly found near the ruin an old gate that has been sealed...

=> unfortunalety the gate would just not open.. <=

at this point I ask ooc for the player to think and talk to each other, resume every event that toke place during the day ...
I clearly saw that you were id the dark drifting away ... there was no point continuing.

=> real day ended after 10/11 hours of quest
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Part ( 9 ) Alu Card to the resque

side hint plot:
as i said there was two ways of continuing:

1) player manage to get all the elements together and I would have help you link them all. (tried to hive hint on the forum, question to ask etc)

2) Show to Alu Card you deserved to be help...
I will not get into more details about this because it is spoiler and might be misleading ! but some playerS were given opportunities to be helped (in the quest) by Alu Card ... this men has been around for long and knows things... only he would just not give aways awnser...
eventualy he got grok attention (BE AWARE THIS IS OOC AND IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT GROK DID ... THINK AGAIN YOU MAY OR MAY NOT BE RIGHT !!! DONT COME COMPLAINING THAT YOU TRIED SOMETHING THE SAME AND IT ENDED BADLY!)
anyway..
Grok got anwsers that helped him figure out some but not all of the plot
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Part 10 etc...

things stalled a bit... then I had the opportunity to do Lady noka's "dream"
Noka and Muric were in the topaz... (doing naughty naughty adult thing)
(<= that was a side note not related to the event please disregard)
the clone of noka appear being muric's back and knock him down...
Noka had this "dream" or was it ?. she was in hell same thing that OGT

..while she is in soul city..

muric had came out from his knock out... the clone is there. he tells muric that a clone is an evil creature that is tring to escape from hell and that the must hurry to sylvandale to destroy the gate... they rush to sylvandale
. Noka back from the soul city can no longer find muric... she fear that the clone might have kill him (the clone told her that he will destroy evry thing that she love, all the world). She knows that there is this gate in sylvandale.. she chose to do there if anywhere the clone might be coing there...but she arrive to late
the clone has just convinced muric that to destroy the gate he had to create a fire .. then muric was pushed into the fire.. and from thre burn some blood droped into the fire
(ok this the burn => blood is not credible, i meant first blood has been droped as an alegorie.. but ended as using is at it full sence)
anyway... once that done the clone says " ill be soon freed "...

=>Do the same with ogt clone...
ogt and the 'party' were camping around the gate looking for clues.. at some point ogt was alone ... we disapeared to an other location and the clone took his place...
the clone goes to the party and told them that he has a vision with the beast and the only way to destoy the gate is to place a 2nd fire on the gate..
... this did not flaws as it did with muric. the bottom line was the real OGT manage to come back and we were there with 2 OGTs... the real OGT was tring to help the clone to open the portal... eventualy he manage to open the second seal...

<= this part of the event was may be the worst of all the quest, I would blame it on the player but we can blame me as well... considering the party had less and less clue on what was going on and was expecting me to give awnser when it was really between them to find them... I should have either summon a few monster and call it game over evry one makes 2000 xp and 1500 gold.. I did not...

I tried to continue... as ploted..

3rd clone.. the real corall is not there so I'll use an NPC to open the 3rd seal.. and to make the player rush to sylvandale gate as if they were going to stop corall clone to lure a boy into creating the 3rd fire. i chose to OOC change server...
> this was ooc not doing his job well DM thinking... but well you were there you remember haw it was...

and of course this did not work as planed... or may be it did work , because you figure out that the clone 3rd clone was going to ...
and all the players on delta arrived to the main => Crash ( again my fault)

when i succeded to relog after the carsh all win32 knew about the event
and was picnicing arount the portal..
once open the 3 evils from hell escaped.... fight .. die die.

the pitch: 3 evils want to break free from hell, to do so they want to use an exploit an anciens legedery evil did century ago (Glorin the W.).
they can not physicly be on the material plan..
they ask a lech to conduct a secret ceremony that allow them to take an energy form on the material plan.
the bodak are use to collect information on creature living in dyso , the storm actualy is the way information is taken from the player to create the energy clone.

I am sad that my quest ended on having players frustrated...

I appologie to them.
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_sad.gif it sounded as though it was fun !

i think sometimes a LONG event like this might be best played out over many day's...i dont know

you still rule Y icon_smile.gif

Last edited by Marine436 on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed at the complexity of the story, and the epic scale it took on. My best guess is we never managed to put enuff clues together to see what was really happening, and you had to spoon feed us to get the event rolling. After reading the information it does make sence and though I was frustrated at times because I never saw the whole picture. And as a player I must appologize for my frustrations, as you really went all out to try something Dyso have never seen before.

I hope this won't discurage you from trying such a rich and well concieved story line....reminds me of the old AD&D in pen and paper style.

Now that we understand that the things that happened were many threads to a great tapestry, It is my hope the people will share more their experiences so we can be a part of such a epic story.
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y wrote:
icon_arrow.gif Part 10 etc...

<= this part of the event was may be the worst of all the quest, I would blame it on the player but we can blame me as well

i want to defent myself here, i asked if i should come back or wait there , but after 6 mins of no answer i decieded to beging walking back,
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One suggestion that might have helped:

Leading everyone to the same location, perhaps for different reasons, so that they could share the infotmation that they recieved, put the clues together and come up with some ideas. However, I understand that this event took the better part of a day, so this may not have been feasible. Anyway, even though I was not involved I appreciate all the effort you put into it.
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y, et al,

OOC

Thanks for weaving such a rich tapestry of events. It's good to see such masterful story telling in a DM. Congratulations to Grok for figuring it out. I feel honoured and privilaged to have been a pivotal point in the story. I wish I held up my end of the event better, for that I apologize.

Your comment about us needing to communicate better is, "right on the money".

I must admit my roleplaying skills need to improve.

I'm can see lots of areas I need to work at, I spent much of my time asking players, "What's going on?" and getting answers like "We are in an event."

On reflection I should have said something like "West and I fought a new kind of creature in the tomb, It was surrounded by a strange green spell. Know anything about it? West did most of the damage to it, He called it a bodak, ever hear of them?" I resolve to try to do this better.

What's an Alu Card?

IC

One day arguing in the Tomb:

"Because friends tell friends when they are wrong!", yelled Coral.

"Not in front of people they just met.", retorted West.

Paladins! Thought Coral Reef. Sometimes they can be such insufferable pricks. Oh, they think they are always right and they always do things their way. At least West does. He'd trust West with his life but he was so difficult at times...

Boom!! a huge explosion shook the tomb throwing ties and raining down bits of plaster.

"What the ...?", said West.

Coral Reef turned to see an eerie sight, West was running towards a strange looking creature surrounded by weird green unworldly lights.

Coral said a quick prayer to Tempus looking on with respect for the paladins act first think later strategy.

Tempus granted the prayer and West cut a vicious slash on the creatures belly splaying entrails around the room. The creature responded by clawing at West raking his armor with it's putrid talons. Coral swung at the monster and cleaved the air as it turned easily aside his blow.

This went on for quite a while with Coral continuing to miss until finally the beast was struck down.

... If you know more about this story please add to it.

... I'll write more when I get a chance.

Coral Reef

I'm online 10 PM -> late EST -5 GMT

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
View users profile Send private message Send email
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Wow, what a complex and rich story. Kudos for all the planning that went into it!

One thing you did that I think helped a lot was to have a brief recap after one of the server crashes. Maybe if we did this more, it would help refresh those who were there and catch up those who weren't.

As Grok noted, this complexity is on the scale of a good ol' pen and paper game. What I need to do next time is to start jotting notes!

Tae icon_razz.gif
Glorin
PostWed 04/23/03 11:29pm
you rule Y

and ogt

Jon316
PostWed 04/23/03 11:30pm
uhm yeah... sure they do  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: