DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Meta Fountain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Omaga
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:08 am    Post subject: Meta Fountain Reply with quote

Would it be possible to make an object such as a fountain to gain skills at level 20? lets say you have loads of experience and want to be more powerful. You go to the fountain and drink the water. The fountain will deduct a large portion of experience and at the same time give you a random stat (HP,Str,Dex..). But that wouldnt be complete without some impossible way of getting to the fountain (Having a group of oh say 10 lvl 20 peeps sweep through some beefed up monsters in a secret area and then only having 1 person get to drink the water because the fountain dries up) Sound good or do you think im insane? icon_twisted.gif

-Omaga Sohe-
View users profile Send private message
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see a group of monsters that one lvl 20 cant get by without killing, with the rpotections and heals an acs of this game youd have to put in a bunch of lvl 120s to stop one lvl 20, this might be a good place to insert some dragons?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you obviously weren't in Kravenwood when Gesh transformed into this impossible spear warrior thing, then a massive corrupted green dragon and finally the ancient chaos dragon. I died so many times St. Peter was sick of the sight of me! icon_biggrin.gif

Griff
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you have more than the maximum number of feats for your race/class combo your char becomes invalid. I can probably be scripted arounf but I don't se it being easy.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theory:

I can create an object that is only available to players with X experience. It will basically represent to Dysotopia that you are above a level 20. This item will allow you to gain abilities abov and beyond that of your typical level 20 character...whether it is additional stats or auras or whatever...it can all be done. Time is my only enemy. icon_wink.gif Eventually we will compensate for the level cap by allowing mages to create new spells and fighters to forge new weapons...eventually...right now let's not forget we're early alpha and still have a lot of CORE to develop before we go creating things for high levels...also bear in mind that when this is beta...you will spend 250+ game hours just getting up to level 15...let alone to the mighty level 20! Anyone beyind a level 20 will be seen as other characters as a demi-god character able to do things most people can't even comprehend at this point...the rewards will be great, but the road to high levels will be long and take a very dedicated person to reach...

I realize that many people will probably leave Dysotopia when it reaches this point but those serious about becoming a powerful character in a persistant world will stick around and keep pushing their abilities...perseverence is well rewarded. We'll also be getting a lot of new more hardcore playerbase when this happens...*stops to think of all the dynamic changes this MOD has seen so far in it's lifetime, starting from a 2x2 area with a all giving dragon run on a 56k dialup to a local vault frenzy for players to a PvP pit arena onto it's own Forgotten Realms entity*...think of what's to come!

So to answer your thread....eventually it'll happen where a level 20 can advance beyiond level 20...by accumulating extra Xp they will gain access to special areas and new tools and items that will allow then to continue growing.

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of slow lvling, as long as you can get many new things at one level...

Let me guess, you get 1-5 xp points per kill, right?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the default exp was way too low, even for slow lvling, it wuld take 2 hours of playing to gain 1000 exp, even by facing really advanced monsters.

Remember although we want slow lvling we dont wanna sink to be as slow as tarala.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Akar
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 4 / 13 EXP: 4 / 13 EXP: 4 / 13
 30%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: LVL 20+ Reply with quote

Their is a rule book that has been released by e3 for characters that are about lvl 20. Since NWN is based on e3 isn't this a logical guide book to upper level characters.

Akar
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:
Theory:

*stops to think of all the dynamic changes this MOD has seen so far in it's lifetime, starting from a 2x2 area with a all giving dragon run on a 56k dialup to a local vault frenzy for players to a PvP pit arena
Gesh

umm... me and mojo and killer had that place under our collective heels... until glorin learned to make armor (btw glorin... ur mom's a cheap ho)
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Omaga
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you people are good at getting off topic.

Well if all else fails you can make a search for the ___ quest dropping off clues & awarding experience. Then you can finish it off with a battle & reward the group or people that finished it item upgrades icon_biggrin.gif Dont forget that you can have random quests for people intrested in RPing as well as scheduled ones... Just a thought (Cuz I live in the middle of the pacific ocean)

-Omaga Sohe-
Glorin
PostFri 09/20/02 10:43am
icon_smile.gif im a revolutionary  Reply with quote

Jon316
PostWed 04/23/03 9:39pm
this idea in itself was good.... maybe it should be made? woo hoo who knows i still leik this idea  Reply with quote

Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i think that's a great idea.

It would sorta be like our very own epic dysotopia

C'mon admit it...it would be fun icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: