DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cookie Cutters on Dyso
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, roleplaying. Looking at someone's name and saying it out loud although they've been singing a different name all day. Knowing everything and everyone around you, also everything about them, because you knew them as a different character.

Roleplaying, standing around Eleriina and trying on clothes, then prancing around the inn. Wasting your time at a fountain next to the rift gate, waiting for the next DM event to be presented to you because you have "inside" tips, or rogues.

Roleplaying, where if you leave Eleriina to go on a bashing spree to gain power, you're instantly a power gamer even though you have never left character on your adventure. Being ridiculed for bad roleplay when your ooc opinion contradicts someone's ic opinion, and you openly state it ooc.

Roleplaying, where you're something you're not.

icon_lol.gif I love roleplaying.
View users profile Send private message
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the problem with a Druid in full plate? I used to wear heavy armours..

Oh, and I'm the only Druid I know who specializes in Quarterstaff for both favoured weapon and improved critical so, my guys unique in his own little way icon_mrgreen.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grusk
PostThu 05/01/03 3:45am
I'm a wizard with a double axe and shuriken if you want to talk about weapon uniqueness.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See.. thats really cool Nemor and Grusk. The reason though that I said that Druid's shouldn't wear full plate is because its AGAINST their total ethos. The WHOLE idea behind druids in D&D is that they are against using metal things....

So let me quote from the PHB:

Quote:
"...their spiritual oaths prevent them from using weapons other than these. They are proficient with light and medium armors but are prohibited from wearing metal armor (thus, they may wear only padded, leather, or hide armor). They are skilled with shields but must use only wooden ones. ... A druid who wears prohibited armor or wields a prohibited weapon is unable to use any of her magical powers while doing so and for 24 hours thereafter."

That is why druids aren't allowed to wear metal armors, thus, full plate is not allowed.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grusk wrote:
Ah, roleplaying. Looking at someone's name and saying it out loud although they've been singing a different name all day. Knowing everything and everyone around you, also everything about them, because you knew them as a different character.

Roleplaying, standing around Eleriina and trying on clothes, then prancing around the inn. Wasting your time at a fountain next to the rift gate, waiting for the next DM event to be presented to you because you have "inside" tips, or rogues.

Roleplaying, where if you leave Eleriina to go on a bashing spree to gain power, you're instantly a power gamer even though you have never left character on your adventure. Being ridiculed for bad roleplay when your ooc opinion contradicts someone's ic opinion, and you openly state it ooc.

Roleplaying, where you're something you're not.

icon_lol.gif I love roleplaying.

LoL thats tha best definition i seen so far icon_smile.gif haha
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah well, I wear armour whether its Druidly or not.. I stick to the rest of the Druid code but I want protection so stuff D&D emot-yum.gif

As for the last comment about shouting someones name from Grusk, I've done it a few times when I fail to think first. Sh*t happens icon_smile.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookie cutting is partly out of of powerplay motivations part because even roleplayers find it rather wastefull putting in persuade points when there's so little to use the talent on. In Tuskan we're trying to work that out by putting in stuff you can use your non-fighting skills on and get some measure of xp for it.
Like converting npc as a priest, opening doors, pickpocketing npc, lying to them about being an official tax officer etc, druids who calm animals in their presence.
By representing players with options that make those less used skills and feat usefull you'll get more diversion i think.
If, as rogue you get points for unlocking a tough lock, if druids can wander around the wild without having to kill all the wild animals on his path, when wizards can learn through studying and priests can gain xp through healing npc it'll whip them into character more and they'll be less inclined to take the obvious road.
In theory in any case...
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The thing that bothers me is how EVERYONE uses a tower shield... EVERYONE wears full plate, EVERYONE takes magic and air domain, EVERYONE uses a bastard sword/scythe.

My druid uses a scimitar and a wooden large shield, and wears hide armor.
My cleric (currently on another server) uses animal and healing domains.
My wizard wears scale mail, wields a greatsword, and rarely casts offensive spells.

Full Plate is armor to be proud of, and its not really bad RP to wear it unless you're a class who wouldn't care about it or one that isnt allowed to wear it (druid).
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little off topic....
but is there any kind of special requirements to be a priest??
ie stats, abilitys, feats..etc.
are there certain requirements for each God indiviually that are different from others??
and i dont want to be a cleric or a pally...
Malakalam
PostThu 05/01/03 7:39pm
priests are clerics
they're the same thing
clerics are generally "wandering" while priests are generally the "stay at home" clerics

Marquis Drayfox
PostThu 05/01/03 7:50pm
That's excellent Malakalam. We need more players like you! icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well arent clerics mostly tha run around heal everybody type?
i dont think that ALL gods heal, how would you be a priest for a God that didnt Heal?
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't. That's why clerics have "Inflict" spells which is Negative curing. But since Neverwinter ditched that (for some ungod damned known reason) they are all curers.

BUT! Don't fret, Undrentide will have a couple inflict spells (two of them I believe, out of four; Inflict Light Wounds (1d8 +1/ level max +5) and Inflict Critical Wounds (4d8 +1/level max +20)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I also do agree that players should be uniqe.

I doubt that there was a store chain who sold lots of the same type o armors

But if you ever stumble upon a dm event. Perhaps you can be able to work out a deal so that you can get something that is not necceraily so unqe but looks very uniqe...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: