DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia needs to get its XP, and Money system sorted out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Should it be made easier for high level chars to level up?
XP should be higher.
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
There should be an area with higher level monsters for high level chars.
51%
 51%  [ 24 ]
No, its fine the way it is.
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 47

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I was looking at a chart of the level breakdown by character name. You wanna know what I saw? Get ready for this argument to get put to rest pretty quick ...

I saw some of the best damn RPers we have around this mod are all at least level 12 and most of them are in the level 14-16 range (some even a hair better). These aren't the people you see in here talking about these issues, they may say something here or there, but basically they just play the game and deal with it. Sure there were some "powerlamers" in that upper ranking too, I suppose, but there were just as many people who we ALL know RP well who were also of similar level.

Would I still like to see the xp changed up a bit? Yes ... but is this system more or less doing what it was intended to do? Yes, albeit with a few bumps, it is doing it.
Norrec
PostThu 04/17/03 11:55pm
RPers-1 PGers-Who knows
Guess that proves a lot of peopel wrong didnt it.

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have that chart linked to the Dyso webpage, because that'd be something cool to check out every now and again. If not, it's cool, I just thought it'd be something fun to look at.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
dreamin'
PostFri 04/18/03 12:04am
yeeeees, gimme some charts to look at while dyso is down!  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Again, the good RPers won't freaking care unless it's not done with proper roleplay!!!!!!!!!

im glad you say that, becoz your right, they shouldnt!!!!!
and thats all i was tryna point out icon_biggrin.gif

now, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back and read through Pages 2 and 3 becoz my last post was just picking up from where i had left off....and you didnt get what i was saying at all...

and i be tha last to try to tell off anyone about "good" or "bad Rp, or judge others Rp skills or whatever...but after months of reading what "proper" Rp'ers have wrote...i just had to say something...

coz theres many ways us "powergamers" can turn tha finger around at tha "proper" Rp'ers and say, "hey, your not Properly Rp'in at all"

Ali's done cooking...but if you wanna chew on sumthin...i still got some left overs icon_smile.gif hehe

and im 110% male
damn thats like tha second time someones called me a "her" or a "she" LoL
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
PostFri 04/18/03 12:37am
And no the chart isn't going to be public, I don't believe.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostFri 04/18/03 12:45am
you go conrad!

show em whos boss!!

you go girl!

dreamin'
PostFri 04/18/03 12:52am
AliZee, it's her fault:
http://www.moi-alizee.com/

AliZee'
PostFri 04/18/03 12:56am
Damnnnn LoL....actually i used this from tha GOLD passion Cognac from France haha never knew there was a singer with tha same damn name!! LoL  Reply with quote

Nei
PostFri 04/18/03 1:02am
Wow!! I think that's about all I can say right now...  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleight, Aronthal, sorry about that icon_wink.gif

In any case, why don't I like powergmaers? Because they don't belong here and they spoil the mood. I have had it happen more than once that I came across some people and thought "cool, someone to roleplay with", so I ask them their name, and the first response is "can't you see it?", it's just maddening and irritating. THAT is my gripe with powergamers, not that they are better than me, or that they know how to make good characters, but that they don't roleplay. I don't give a damn what you do, as long as you roleplay it WHILE IN FRONT OF OTHERS. Ofcourse, if noone is there, noone can police you, and there is noone who you could possibly irritate, so then it won't be a problem. I also don't really give a damn about what your stats are, since most of it won't be reflected while talking anyway, and the only thing that really matters is the character of a character. For that matter, be sure that your character has some special traits, or it will probably be another generic non-interesting character.

Now that I have said that, I'll let it all go.

Oh, and Alizee, sorry about that, but it IS that french singers fault(I hated that song though icon_mad.gif)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I love how you people accuse folks who want to level as powerlamers or anti-rp'ers. All I was trying to say is hey give me fair days pay for fair days work. Because my character level's thats means I can't role play?!!? What a load of pretentious BS. If you want role play role play your little hearts thats great! In fact reward folks for role play. Make lots of role play oppertunities and give exp for that. That will even give those who are not sure how to role play a chance to learn and get better envolved. When their are not role play oppertunities then I should be able to slip down into the crypts or head out to the oger patch and work on my training. That way I can be able to participate in more challanging events.
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i think those people who run up to you and start saying " your names above your head" and what not, are more than likely newbies who've never played on RP servers before, and they're probably all in their low lvl's too haha

i've ran into a couple myself, dont give up on um,

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the XP system is fair until lvl 16. Even, then, getting 16000 xp out of monsters that give 18 is just a test of patience, I guess.

But this makes higher lvl characters more respectable because it's actually hard earned.

Maybe people won't regard high lvl chars as powergamers if there were ways to earn decent xp by doing quests.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.I mean...Glather lord who is probly one of the hardest fiends i've encountered yet didn't exactly give much exp after lvl 15

If forinstance Gloth was made even harder ,but gave decent (not like crypt exp for a lvl icon_cool.gif experiance points it would be great

But i think the most important thing right now is to make it so people stay the away from all the power gaming and stick to rp'ing abit

If only rp'ing would pay off just a third of what power gaming does...
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what? Set an example for good role play. If you don't like how someone else RPs, then maybe you just don't like that character, huh?

Else... Power Gaming? Role Playing? You need both by definition. And you can do both simultaneously. It's hard to keep up with what is going on in Dysotopia if you're always out hunting/training. Unless of course you have someone in your party who is keeping in the know and informing you while you level and vice versa.

Whatever. Different characters require different means for character definition. There is no doubt that the power of a character helps define their "role" in Dysoptopia. Types of power include physical/magical strength, political prowess, or wealth, to name a few. Do what you have to to get your "power" and realize your character's ambition.

Also, just because one isn't known for attending DM events... that certainly does not mean they aren't RPing.

But I digress... I think the XP system is fine up to level 15 (wouldn't know past that). I am anxious to see additional higher-level areas, though. The crypts are getting old. Sometimes my character goes to "lower-level" areas and hunts creatures that give zero experience just so he can meet new characters and find a little excitement (he is a barbarian, after all). I would like to see new areas with higher level creatures and appropriate XP (I would even settle for some new areas where higher level melee-types can go at it alone the way magics do in the Topaz Quarry).
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jilessa wrote:
Well.I mean...Glather lord who is probly one of the hardest fiends i've encountered yet didn't exactly give much exp after lvl 15

The 3rd ed XP system is stupid, dysos xp is a 3rd ed variant and while it leaves for "balanced" lvling its crap for individual battle situations.

If you beat a dragon, you should get 10000 XP for it. Its a massive achievement and rightly deserves masses of reward.

But the actual system is different. Its supposed to work out at 13 encounters of equal CR give you a lvl, and it caps at some point.

Dyso basically uses the standard system and then applies a factor at each lvl to cut the XP received.

Hope you see why super pimp bosses give you no XP now. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol...c'mon...you can't start comparing exp systems with d&d...

i mean...it would take not more than a day to become lvl 20 if we had that kinda system...

No.But the thing here compared to D&D exp system is that you don't play D&D alone...there are always people with you...(atleast i hope for your sanity) But on Dyso it's no problem to just walk alone...So one thing that could be done is that the exp sharing when there are more then one person fighting someone the exp should'nt be shredded as much as it is now...Just ease up alittle with the low exp when there are parties fighting stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: