DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Glather Lord...unsafe at any level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Glather Lord...unsafe at any level Reply with quote

Currently, the monster that rules them all is the Glather Lord. I had two oppertunities to meet one since the wipe, and both times fell to his dread furry. I would ask that he be toned down abit or possibly removed, for he is way over powered for the curent Dyso. This last death was caused by someone leaving him in the entrance to the sewers. I walked in prepared but, was blocked from escape and ashamed to say quickly killed before I could even heal. With the changes to the Twins, the Dark Lord and the Gloth Sentry, I think the Glather Lord could use some adjustments.

I remember fighting him in the old days and often it took a few maxed chars to bring him down.
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

and often it took a few maxed chars to bring him down.

or one... icon_twisted.gif
eh, i mean yes grok is right, i saw one running around in sylvandale beating up the merchants. and with no one who can beat him he'll keep doing that and that's kinda lame because, a. you can't use the merchant anymore since he'll start pounding at you too, and b. how do you rp a hunormous snake creature trying to beat up a merchant who happens to be inmortal.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh.... I for one second the notion that Grok has offered. Hell, was totally uber phsyco ultra bastard the last time.... and since I decided *not* to go powergame this time, there is no friggin' chance in HELL that I would ever hope to beat him... kinda lame.... icon_evil.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Filtered Chaos
PostTue 04/08/03 11:01pm
Well its not like the monsters are gonna let you kill them, i like a challenge, so keep the monsters hard!  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostTue 04/08/03 11:11pm
I swear you're a masochist filtered...  Reply with quote

Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well, ever tried partying up with several people? like a group of spellcasters, some meatshields and a few clerics or something. The reward is rare, so it should bring up a hefty ammount of cash from one of the traders. Even more so, I think the axe is probably one of the few higher thawn +3 items in dyso at the moment...
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If grok can't take it down, then NOBODY can take it down. Even with a group of 40 players on dyso couldn't take it down if Grok couldn't take it down. You da MAN grok!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zedium
PostWed 04/09/03 10:11am
40 players? I would like to try that one once I am back with internet icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxBoyTails wrote:
If grok can't take it down, then NOBODY can take it down. Even with a group of 40 players on dyso couldn't take it down if Grok couldn't take it down. You da MAN grok!

yeah hes quite strong , but lets remember the limitations of a meele char,

a cleric could take it down in some secconds pre wipe, dont know about now, but oh well

perhaps leave it there for a while and see what a party of 10 people can do against it?

would be nice to have a monster that i cant kill by myself , and that i actually need help to deal with
View users profile Send private message
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGT I LOVE YOU! weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the glather lord is still a sissy when he has to face a mage (and possibly a cleric). I was cheerleader when Drorry killed him two times in a about 1 minute each. Some things just aren't made for brute force fighters icon_mrgreen.gif
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good for your mage and or cleric, my main concern was getting killed by just walking into the sewers for someone had left it there trying to run away.
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, but that's not the glather lords fault, but the fault of those who lured it to the entrance and forgot to form a party big enough to kill it. I mean, it's just fair that some monsters are easier for fighters (skelletal devourer) and others for mages icon_mrgreen.gif
AliZee'
PostSat 04/12/03 7:12pm
*slowly starts creeping towards tha door....*

icon_biggrin.gif

SunTzi
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13
 53%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is wondering why ali is sneaking away.....
*is checking his pockets if all the Gold is still in there somewere...*
Phew..lucky me !

icon_smile.gif
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright!! i confesss....that was me that left tha Glather Lord by tha door icon_biggrin.gif hehe sorry Grok!!!

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had 3 Glather Lord encounters yesterday all on same reboot and with in one hour. Lucky for me I managed to get help from a Good friend Muric who was able to use magic to kill them off. The reward for killing the Glathers was a very nice item the will never see use, for it's lv 20 requirement....if I ever get a house I'll put it on the wall with my Emerald dual Sword. Unfortunatly the third Lord managed to get me with Quivering palm....so I lost another 3,000 xp's (most of a full weeks play) think most of it came from Dm events, a few hours of killing Glathers and perhaps a few rewards from DM appreciated RP.... Though I would love to bitch about the heavy pain from one death, I won't Grok does quite well...too well infact for he is getting to sit on the bench for some DM events.....at my request, to allow other players to enjoy some events without me spoiling the fun. So my main focus is now rescue, and RP.... and the occasional fighting of Trolls with no equipment. So if you see Grok in the game please say hello, for he is feeling a little down these days. I'm thinking of having some tournaments in the Arena in Eleriina North, if ya like the Idea let me know. And AliZee' no worrys about the Lord you left I did notice a few droped treasure's on the floor and I know you tried to kill him....sorry you died as well. So far the lather Lord's have taken only about 20,000 xp's from me and that's only a few weeks of expericence. At this point I have given up even trying to make lv 18, the weeks worth of mindless killing in glorin's tomb for 8 hours a day for a solid 7 days to make lv 17 was enuff , I had a name for each skeleton in the tomb.
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the only thing i can say about the glather lord is that som have to be hard,but he really isn't worth the fight.yeah you get stuff,but by the time you can use them you ccan pretty much (a decent char) kill him yourself
Raven
Hero

XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not worth killing him - even if you DO kill him, he will probably give 20 xp (and 47 gold, they always drop 47 gold for some reason) like that black dragon I killed the other day.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Jilessa
PostSat 05/03/03 6:29am
Yeah...not to mention when i killed all those seventy-five Elder great wyrm red dragons using a torch and some snowballs...  Reply with quote

Raven
PostSat 05/03/03 3:14pm
Those were retired dragons... they wanted to live the rest of their lives in peace.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: