DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

As if there wasn't enough going on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: As if there wasn't enough going on... Reply with quote

I am getting increasingly concerned about Nel's behavior towards her former friends. She has publically made these statements:
Quote:
BEYTRYAL !!!
DAMIT !!
once more the FOUL god's and You FOUL being's Play me !!!
I was given a NEW dream ! maldune is in fact DEAD
TO hell with it all, any whom cross my Path, Will face it !!

Cram it,
i hate all god's ! I hate all of you ! SO LONG ive attempted to help you ! SO LONG have you Fought me back !
A new age Beging's NOW
I live To only gain Power, and get Vengence !

OSB are fool's such are you and your church glorin

This is after a supposed outburst from her in Eleriina when she had been harming her child. I was not there personally, but this is the information I have gathered from other posts. I am not suggesting that we do anything proactive about Nel. Rather, I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. She is not the same person I have known. Please be wary when approaching her and consider her dangerous.

Nicha
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((as Conrad))

I never much cared for the moody wench to begin with ... were it not for my strong belief in the matters of law, I'd simply say smite her down where she stands ... the lands would be better off without that Shar-loving heathen.

((as Zachary))

:: bugeyed astonished look on his face :: Sir, I do believe you may have drank a might bit too much coffee this morn. I'm takin' for granted that you're sayin' we wait and see what happens with her ... but I gotta say ... those words carried a lot of anger in them. Maybe there's some history here which I'm missin' out on?!
Spears
PostFri 04/11/03 1:22am
I second Conrad.

Earlier she struck me down for talking to her. Wench indeed.

expansia
Grandmaster

XP
 24%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad, who's Shar? Nel keeps talking about her and I can't find anyone that knows who s/he is...

Also, just to let you know, Nel's been pulling suicide runs on her former friends. She yells something about us being false then attacks. Knockdown seems to knock the wind out of her, but only temporarily. I must have killed her twice yesterday in self defense. *sighs*

In her newest level of psyco-drama, she also attacks anyone calling her Nel, being preferred to be called Len. I'm not sure if you've seen the notice listing those commoners missing, but she's the one kidnapping and abusing them. We caught her last night trying to carry off an old woman. Berto tied her up and Omen carried her back to Eleriina where I asked Muric to stick her in jail for the time being to protect herself and others. I'm not sure if she's still there or not.

If you see her, please do not hesitate to call for assistance. She's a cleric and is not afraid to use harm or any other method to attack you. And whatever you do, DO NOT hand her your weapons or go anywhere with her.

Nicha

ooc: She won't actually kill you if she can help it, but she's been known to mis-click and take out a halfling or two.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((as Conrad))

Shar is a rather nasty goddess ... hear ... read this from my texts on the various religions of Faerun ...

"Shar (SHAHR) is a twisted and perverse being of hatred, jealousy, and evil. She can see every being, object, and act performed within darkness and holds dominion over pains hidden but not forgotten, carefully nurtured bitterness, and quiet revenge for old slights. She spends much of her energy battling her old nemesis, Selūne, in a war that is older than recorded time. She is the creator of the Shadow Weave.

The church of Shar is made up of independent cells that have clearly defined lines of command. All cells in a particular region are under the purview of a superior priest. Clergy members revel in secrets, using them to tie each other together in loyalty and community. They pursue practical goals of advancing the power of the priesthood and of Shar’s worshipers while avoiding the direct opposition of other faiths (except that of Selūne). The clergy of Shar work to overthrow governments, promote Shar’s patronage of avengers, organize secret cabals, and create false cults to further their ends.

Clerics of Shar pray for their spells at night. They have no faithwide holy days except the Rising of the Dark, which occurs on the Feast of the Moon and involves a blood sacrifice and the revelation by senior clerics of which plots the church will be advancing in the coming year. At least once a tenday, a cleric must attend a Nightfall, a dancing and feasting revel performed at nightfall that is followed by a small act of wickedness which the cleric reports to her superiors in the clergy. Shar’s clerics often multiclass as rogues. She has an elite order of sorcerer-monks in her service that uses the power of the Shadow Weave.

History/Relationships: Shar is the dark twin of Selūne. She has battled her sister since shortly after their creation. Their primordial feud has resulted in the creation of many other deities. Rather than overtly confronting other deities, Shar seeks to gain power by subverting mortal worshipers to her faith. By her very nature, however, she is opposed to powers of light, the unsecretive Shaundakul, and her own sister. Her only frequent ally is Talona, who may eventually serve Shar to stave off the predations of Loviatar.

Dogma: Reveal secrets only to fellow members of the faithful. Never follow hope or turn to promises of success. Quench the light of the moon (agents and items of Selūne) whenever you find it, and hide from it when you cannot prevail. The dark is a time to act, not wait. It is forbidden to strive to better your lot in life or to plan ahead save when directly overseen by the faithful of the Dark Deity. Consorting with the faithful of good deities is a sin except in business dealings or to corrupt them from their beliefs. Obey and never speak out against ranking clergy unless it would result in your own death."
expansia
PostMon 04/14/03 11:39pm
*takes notes for her next encounter with Nel* Thanks...that helped a lot.

Nicha

expansia
Grandmaster

XP
 24%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, upon further research, more of Nel's behavior has been explained. Nel has displayed a special hatred for Catie. It's my guess that Nel believes Catie is an Eye of the Evening, a sister in an order which follows Selūne. Those in that secret sisterhood appear in a feline form much as Catie does. Please keep an eye on Catie if you hear of Nel being in the realm.

Nicha
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catie will not be harmed. She is a friend of the Osb. I will guard her with my life and my blade. (and ooc, she has agreed to be my next squire as soon as i can get bri to change her alignment to satisfy the requirement) I know not well this Nel character, but i shall stand up to her(or him) if she(or he, sorry ;p) attempts to harm any more innocents.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to Catie this past weekend about joining the Order, and I have already had her alignment issue taken care of. As of yesterday, she is Lawful Neutral and is eligible to begin her squiring.
expansia
Grandmaster

XP
 24%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things were resolved with Nel last night. Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief now. *grins* Wehnoka, Draku, Berto, Selenia, Bailiff Griff (filling in for Muric), and myself went to prison and spoke with Nel. When we arrived, she was chipping away at the cell wall. Berto and I entered her cell, and she attacked both of us with the pieces of rock she had sharpened. Berto was near death and I was badly wounded when she ran out. Luckily, Draku was stong enough to bring her back, while Noka held Selenia to protect her. Berto had been examing Nel's behavior of calling herself Len, and the way she reacted when one of us was injured by her hand. Based on this, we placed Nel back in the cell with Berto's body. We had enough healing potions and scrolls to bring him back to life when we wanted, so please do not think we had left him for dead. Nel, without the support of Selune, could not heal him. She began shaking violently, begging us to raise him from the dead. We refused, and her shaking became so pronounced that Nel lost consciousness. We rushed in, brought Berto back from the dead. He then in turn revived Nel, who thankfully had returned to her former self.

I am unsure how to proceed with this situation. Nel, whether possessed by evil under the guise of being Len or not, has committed henious crimes. She has attempted to kill me and other OSB members several times, carried off peasants with the intentions of letting them starve, she has also been seen abusing Selenia. She also killed Berto with rocks right in front of us. She has no memory of the things she has done, has a child to raise, and her fiancee seems to be dead, though. She is currently free and at home resting. Please advise.

Nicha
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know little of the whole ordeal, only rumour basically. From what you tell me...this is quite some ordeal. I would say, perhaps foolishly that she must be helped, and though punished, and taught the disgusting nature of what she has done, ultimately...rehabilitated, though in my opinion from now on it would be wise if she was watched closely by others, just to make sure, to ascertain that she truly is back to what you call "her old self", myself not knowing because I've never met the woman....anyway, hope what I can say of this helps...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((as Conrad))

I think it is fairly clear to me that we have more than one trial to consider. I would suggest that we convene some judicial meeting post haste and decide upon which steps to take from there. It seems Lyons may yet consider a trial for Alizee and his cohorts on our soil ... and I believe a trial is the only fair way to address (and perhaps redress) the Nel issues. Defense and Prosecution counsel must be decided upon and a Royal Jury must be assembled for the King's Court. A judge must also be decided upon, as well ...
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
 92%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may say this, my lord, an apt judge would only be one whom is entirely impartial in the matter. I think none who've been here long could be counted as such. This many seem rash, but in my opinion, the best judge would be someone of undoubted integrity and fairness unto the king, whom is new to this land as such that they have not been aquainted with the issues at hand. Is that a fair assumption to make?
expansia
Grandmaster

XP
 24%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with Stragen. Unfortunately, myself, Grok, Draku, West, and Muric have been involved with the Nel situation at some point. As far as the other trial goes, I am friends with AliZee, so I can't have much to do with that one, either. In my opinion, that leaves Conrad and Brant to assume the roles of judge, while uninvolved knights may volunteer as lawyers.

On a side note, some of the public seem to be upset that we have done "nothing" concerning Nel. Along those same lines, Masako has attacked Grok, Muric, and my White Rose backgrounds.
Quote:
Lord Hollows may be entitled to give sanctuary to the crooks thieves and deceivers who fled the White Rose after the corruption of their leader was revealed but now these tainted souls are to be judges the perfidery.

These statements make me rather angry, since both are falsifications of the actual events.

Nicha
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((as Zachary))

Aye well Nicha my dear, you gotta consider the source of these words! If'n we're leveling a whole bit o' credibility to the words of a Priest of Cyric and his jack-booted followers, then we may as well give up now! Sticks-n-stones and all that ... they can say whatever they want, if'n we know we're doin' things in the right and noble sense, I'm not inclined to be givin' much worry that some bloody Dark Sunners are findin' issue with us. If anything ... says a bunch that the Dark Sunners are that concerned to actually be tryin' to discredit us! What else do you expect from that pack of silver-tongued jackals? I'd be rather castin' me lot with the Drow ... at least ya know where ya stand with their ilk!
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
 92%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Stragen stares, a bit disquited* Well, I'd tend to agree with thy point, brother, but must thou say such of Drow? Or at least, when I'm around please try not too. I just get, upset thou might say, when I e'r of people labelling entire other races. Though can take thy point oust that in general msot drow be evil, but ato say that they all are I feel is extreme.

Sorry about that, I tend to ramble when I get onto certain topics...and I apoligise for saying such, I just have rather extreme opinions sometimes...anyway...

In any case, I certainly agree that the word of a Cyricst cannot be given creedence, after all, they would wish to see us falllen.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((as Zachary))

Aye well I'm takin' it for granted that most of the Drow ain't known for their pleasant bedside manner, ol' sod. I've heard talk of some decent ones amongst their ilk so they ain't ALL bad ... but findin' those be a chore in and of itself.
expansia
Grandmaster

XP
 24%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright...I really don't want to open this thing up again. I was hoping that this thing with Nel was really over, but it appears not to be so. She was running around Eleriina last night, looking like she was going to slip back into her alternate personality any second. As much as I enjoy chasing her all around the island, making sure she's not killing anyone, including myself, I think I've had just about enough. *sighs*

Is there anyway we can put a little more priority on getting Nel in a court room? I know we have the Neverwintan issue, but this shouldn't take much time. I'm thinking Conrad as judge, and an OSB knight volunteer as the prosecution. I can contact Nel and advise her to find a lawyer. Hopefully, that way things will be lined up so we can get this over with.

Please advise.
Nicha
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
 92%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not that I mean offence to thyself, Lord Hollows, but I would suggest a judge whom it happenst not to be affiliated with the Order, for I'd say, that if thy suggestions were used, then, well, many would see it as the Order making sure they get exactly what they want. Not that it would be true, but regardless Diplomacy is important, and quite frankly, I believe that thoust would be wise to use a judge whom it happenst to be entirely unbias.
expansia
Grandmaster

XP
 24%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc:
I'm going to put this here since I guess this is kind of my own little Nel/Marine rant thread.

He/She/It is starting to weird me out a little. In-game I think of Nel as being 100% female, as I think it should be. Then things got a little strange when she married Jord. Ok...np...wished them well ic and occ, and moved on (loosing Jord as a friend in the process). Then Nel has all these kids...ok...female, so not a problem, although Nel wasn't exacly acting maternal imo. Moms handle things differently than Dads do is my point. Now, Nel wants to be Nicha's really good friend. ok...occ *groans* ic *smiles* Then Pant comes into the picture. This is the character Marine's playing with his second CD key, and by owning two computers, Pant and Nel have wonderful conversations in-game. First, I'm not a big fan of the name "Pant". If you don't get it, I'm not explaining it to you. icon_biggrin.gif Then, Pant starts hitting on various male characters. She tries kissing Berto, has Nel ask if Muric's interested, etc. Apparently Pant's looking for some action, and someone's taken her up on the offer. This isn't my opinion, but what Marine's posted. This is where I'd like to get off the mystery bus, gang. The only thing I ask is you all please keep an eye out for Pant. I don't care what they're doing as long as it's kept very private. There are younger players in Dyso that I don't think need to be in on this sort of stuff.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the whole sexual bit ... 100 percent agreed and it is amply covered in the EULA. I don't make a practice of peeking into all corners of the server looking for "obscene" behavior, but if it's in places where there are usually decent chances of other characters passing thru ... I am definitely less tolerant of it. Plenty of little kid players ... Marine is more or less one of them ... and basically kids get enough of that outside the gaming world, don't need to see it inside, too. Also don't need to deal with angry parents and all that.

Before anyone gets into the whole "well the parents need to parent better" defense, I am fully aware of that and would prefer that ... but the unfortunate fact is that society tends not to look at it this way.

Insofar as a trial goes, for the matter of expediency, Expansia, proceed with telling her to get secure defense counsel. I would prefer the trial be handled with myself as judge, an OSB serving as prosecutor and one serving as defense. There is no reason why we can't handle the issue on all sides as Nel isn't one of us and we have no vested interest or vested benefit in the outcome other than to see justice done. If she really wants independant counsel, then that's fine, too ... but it would probably be easier to approach it as I suggested.
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

XP
 92%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see your point. Though I'm not sure i agree entirely with it, My Lord, I respect that a decision has now been made by your Lordship. In this case, however, I would be quite wary of others trying to sabotage the trial, if that was possible. In which case, I'd suggest that the trial be held in a locale that we know to be of a msot secure nature...
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am told in RL that i would make a good lawyer because i like to argue, and i tend to agree. icon_smile.gif So i would offer my services as a prosecutor if need be.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
expansia
PostMon 05/05/03 6:37am
ooc: Marine's going to start DM-ing on another server, so I wouldn't worry too much about a trial at the moment.  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I am a lawyer. icon_smile.gif

I'll definatley help- or at least coach those who do end up prosecuting.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: