DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Booted from multiple characters!?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Mentos
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Booted from multiple characters!? Reply with quote

So a few days ago I made another character, got bored and wanted to play Mentos again and when I logged her on she was on the boat, unable to move and then booted after 10 seconds.

So I went back to the new alt, same thing. So I gave up. Went in today on accident logged on the alt first but never loaded up the character, quit out and got on Mentos but it's still telling me the same thing on her and the alt.

Is this a permanent thing or did I somehow screw up my account/character?

Also why is there scripting to prevent people from switching to another character at their leisure?
"Is this who you are? Some sweet violent urge. A weak fallen man, with the promise of an end?" - 30 Seconds to Mars, Jared Leto
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had lots of people in the past switching characters to exploit all kinds of things, like item swapping, taking revenge with a stronger character, etc.
Look at it this way: If you play a session of tabletop roleplay you don't switch characters at your leisure either. You can stll make any number of characters but once you make a choice to play with one you are stuck with it till server restart.
View users profile Send private message
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand this, but what I don't understand is why not let clients delete their old characters? I have a few failed characters in my account and it's really bugging me looking at them. icon_evil.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Falkhor
PostMon 05/05/03 7:54am
it's being worked on but it's not standard to be able to erase your own characters so it needs scripting...  Reply with quote

Mentos
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well since the servers are more stable as of late the resets are less often.

And when a server crashes there's that annoying CD Key in use for 5 mins post crash. I was using my second character as something to do when no one was on since I'm RPing him as a loner and a vagabond he's not likely to fraternise with anyone unless it gets him something he wants. If I have to wait for the server to reset to play him it's likely that I'll either log off (if I'm bored) or get involved in doing something with Mentos.

Perhaps recode it so it doesn't boot you, but forces you to wait on the boat for 5 mins or so before getting to elerina, this would still make it hard for people to swap out instantly. I understand not all players have intentions like mine, and I have been a victim of the "swap and kill you with a more powerful character" so I understand that. I figure is the ratio of asses to honest people is pretty slim from the people I've met thus far. So changing this wouldn't be detrimental to the server.
"Is this who you are? Some sweet violent urge. A weak fallen man, with the promise of an end?" - 30 Seconds to Mars, Jared Leto
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL! My characters get booted like that icon_cry.gif
Bri supposedly fixed it and it still boots me. ITS UN-FIXABLE! 062802comp_prv.gif icon_look.gif Eyecrazy.gif
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

removed it icon_biggrin.gif BAD BAD BAD TRUIA

Must not tell PGers how to beat the script but tell Bri instead
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Darkovn
PostTue 05/06/03 9:13am
I play two chars except Darkovn play other char when im bored and for some reason that script dosnt do anything too me some reason.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: