DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dyso Listserv?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Dyso Listserv? Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Last week, the Forums went down, as did the game servers. I keep Dyso in my Favorites list and since I didn't see it light up in Favorites, I assumed the mod was down all the way until mid-week (when I stumbled on the site again). I thought it would've been nice to have a way to know about server status and possible IP changes.

Do you think we could have a Dyso listserv? My thought would be that it was restricted only to outgoing official e-mails from admins. This would keep us appraised as to server down/up's and other major events (e.g. server wipes!). This would also be a nice way to get a heads-up on important Forum posts (e.g. Conrad's new rules), in case we don't view the Forums regularly.

Tae icon_razz.gif
Raven
PostSat 05/03/03 3:57pm
I added dyso to my fav but it always appear down for some reason.  Reply with quote

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would sound like a good idea.. but no one wants to be spammed everytime something happens. The forums being down was an unusual circumstance, however, there was mention to what was happening on the in-game bulletin boards, as well as a website to check for updates. As far as the servers being down, no, they actually weren't. They simply moved. And again, unusualy circumstance. Probably the best way is to check with us admins via IM.

Last edited by GorbGuy on Sat May 03, 2003 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Point well taken -- I get tons of e-mail and this may have been an unusual circumstance (and I'm sure there were posts about this). However, I'm still thinking that a quick e-mail could be useful for these types of rare occassions. A message should not go out for server resets and such, but maybe for extended downtimes (say when the server is down for a whole day or two) and major changes (such as this move). Also, putting your name on the list would be a voluntary thing. Besides that, would the admins want an IM from every player (by the way, I don't use IM, etc.)? Anyway, I'm not trying to argue, just voice a perspective. This as much as I'll say on this topic, but I'd love to hear everyone's opinion. Thanks for listening.

Tae icon_razz.gif
Glorin
PostSat 05/03/03 4:38pm
its not ic why do u have *Whispers in the wind* at the front of all ur posts...  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a listserv of sorts via the old Yahoo Dyso group ... but that thing went the way of the dinosaurs with the advent of the forums. Considering the amount of spam that came down the pipe from that group if you had it sending you mail ... I'm not sure going back to something like that is such a great idea.
Glorin
PostSun 05/04/03 12:07am
yes i got 50 emails a day, most from myself.  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we can have a Dyso backup page? Where a DM can post (using NewsPro/Coranto etc) the server status? (only when forums/server aren't available of course)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Y
PostMon 05/05/03 11:16am
i have one ready...  Reply with quote

Jilessa
PostWed 05/07/03 1:24pm
it sounds like a great idea indeed icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: