DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Best two Cleric domains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGGH!!!!!!!! cussing.gif
I just looked up all the spells that have the good and evil modifers so you'd know what you can and can't cast, and then the freaking forum asked me to log in (I was logged in) and erased my message!! cussing.gif

Basicly - YOu can not cast any spell that is evil itself (no matter how you use it), such as any of the creating the undead spells and any spell that protects you from or is targeted against Good (magic circle, protection from, smite good, whatever)

I also made mention that Gate is not an [evil] spell unless its used to summon an [evil] creature, like a demon or devil. Also - because of bioware removing the [law] and [chaos] type spells (expecially protection from law, protection from chaos), following the rules that say evil players cant cast [good] spells means that it is impossible for an evil character to safely summon a demon via gate. (protection from evil is a [good] spell)

As for Cleric Domains, as soon as bioware implements them correctly, I'll start choosing them correctly. It annoys me to no end that they only implemented the Greyhawk diety's domains and made the game forgotten realms.
I DEMAND HATRED AND TYRANNY DOMAINS

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Clerics are amongst the most interesting choice of class. It was not until I found out the restrictions on domains and spells, aswell as how to roleplay a cleric accordingly, that I realized that. Clerics are way cool. But thanks to BioWare, you have to do some private research to find that out. I say, more domains and spells for clerics, and LEGIT rules!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drudo Wisto
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clerics of either alignment can cast healing or harm spells as usual.
The only difference is, that Good clerics can convert their spells into healing, and evil clerics convert them to inflict spells.

In NWN they both can convert spells only to healing.
Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo what you can or cannot cast does indeed have something with the description of the spell as Malakalam said. But since NWN don't include full description for each spell its a bit hard to tell for yourself which spells to cast and not to cast. Basically think of it this way, as a good cleric of Ilmater just refrain from using spells that are of somewhat evil intent, such as cause wounds, protection from good, any reversed necromantic spell really like harm, being the reverse of heal. Also animate dead ain't good for ya if you still want to recieve spells from good ol' Ilmater.

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
Shin2k
PostTue 04/22/03 7:32am
Clerics level 20 fully equipped..... are quite invurnable... as long as they use the right equip  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clerics die easily if you know what to do, all those poor sap clerics with 9 reflex but improved evasion, meet another cleric with a 31 dc blade barrier you CANT save against and improved evasion wont block! i love spellbugs and the amazing lack of intelligence in the way they made everything fit together....

oh and clerics work best with a few paladin levels if good and a few rogue or fighter levels if neutral or evil.... lalalala clerics die easily if you know what to do...
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just occured to me that a lot of people dont really know how domain spells are SUPPOSED to work rather than the way bioware implemented them -

Normally - no matter what domains you picked, you're going to get two spells (one for each domain) for every level that you may or may not be already able to cast.
The trick is that you have an extra spell slot, a domain spell slot, that can hold a domain spell. This means you only get ONE spell out of the two for every level, and you can only cast it once. Your normal spell slots can not contain your domain spells.

NWN - Your domains grant spells fairly randomly, giving you 2-3 or 5 spells total at generally the 1-5 levels. Your domain slot is added into your normal slots, and you can memorize as many domain type spells as you want.
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
clerics die easily if you know what to do, all those poor sap clerics with 9 reflex but improved evasion, meet another cleric with a 31 dc blade barrier you CANT save against and improved evasion wont block! i love spellbugs and the amazing lack of intelligence in the way they made everything fit together....

oh and clerics work best with a few paladin levels if good and a few rogue or fighter levels if neutral or evil.... lalalala clerics die easily if you know what to do...

right my cleric has 24 fort 18 reflex 20 will

and the best Cleirc domains depend if you want to be a spell caster a Melee or some where inbetween. its personal choice here and I regret takeing the so called best domain of Air and Magic I find my slef ueing magic less and less when I can buff myself up to being tougher then any fighter and or any barbarian when it come to swinging my sword/light flail.

as I just said personal choice at the point of where what you think will work best.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those saves are still low at that, but decent enough, reflex still sucks tho, anyways yeah but even though you might be as tough as a fighter in melee and have a 32 str and a 30 ab with a sword or whatever, beware those two little high ac rogues that pop up and bite you in the butt with a short sword... you would be running while they poked you in the butt laughing icon_mrgreen.gif
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Quote:

Ownage Bitch. FEAR THE TITTIES woo hoooooo!! SHAKE SHAKE IT!!!!!!

I am voice less
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y, it's a mix between the bible, and wrestling, LOL

Sure, if you catch me in my own realm i *might* be spiritual, but otherwise I follow the 316 way of doing stuff

316 Law: Lay the smackdown on whoever, whenever, and wherever.

420 Law: Be as obnoxious and screw with people as much as possible.

666 Law: Always be a power hungry freak out to destroy the world.

yada yada? get it?

it could apply to the bible, but i meant it more from stone cold steve austin... lol

i am not much of a bible person....

outside of the internet *cough* i let my daily actions in public standup for God...

lalala.....
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

316 Law: Lay the smackdown on whoever, whenever, and wherever.
420 Law: Be as obnoxious and screw with people as much as possible.
666 Law: Always be a power hungry freak out to destroy the world.

and he takes pleasure at it...
zak_fel
PostTue 05/06/03 2:00pm
Any cleric with less than 31 fort and 30 will is sad!  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostTue 05/06/03 2:05pm
Yes of course, a Cleric without uberpimp leetorz h4x stats is lame. OH MY FREAKING SHAME! You can be a cleric without powergaming. Prick.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Str 12
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 16
Cha 12

Cleric of Ilmater, and thus, high con sounded wise. Also chose Healing + Good or Healing + Strength as domains. Both fit very well (yes, allowed too. would take healing + suffering if suffering was available). She's not very agile, but she can take a fair beating. D8 + 3 hitpoints per level.

Doesn't have many good offensive spells. An exceptionally good healer though. Otherwise it's various sorts of buffing spells. Preferably ones that increase toughness, absorbs damage etc. She's not uberpimpleetzorh4x, but she's nicely roleplayed according to deity and such.

I'm proud of my non-powergamed cleric! emot-heartbeat.gif
Jon316
PostTue 05/06/03 3:55pm
what the hell????

KINDO YOU RIP OFF, thats katrinas stats EXACTLY... lol... hahaha nice cleric ill say though...lalala

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROLFOR!!!!! Really? Seriously, I knew the name Katrina...but I never knew which class she was, let alone her stats. icon_smile.gif

You talking jsut about attributes or didya take same domains and deity and such too? Somehow, my guess is 'no'. icon_wink.gif
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...emm does making a good cleric (by taking the best the best domains) a powergamer?

i mean....if everyone were to suck who would beat the monsters in forinstance an event?

i mean...should fighters (to have a rp char) instead have everything on Con and 12 str like more then one prestige class has in dnd or?
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your weakness, is that you dont have invisibility
Period!

i cant even stress how important invisibility is!
hit and hide harming, improve invisibility to counter warriors...the list goes on

trickery all the way!
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well...emm does making a good cleric (by taking the best the best domains) a powergamer?

i mean....if everyone were to suck who would beat the monsters in forinstance an event?

i mean...should fighters (to have a rp char) instead have everything on Con and 12 str like more then one prestige class has in dnd or?

You can always strive for power, but there is one limitation: There must be an RP motivation. It doesn't mean you need to " throw away" stat points, but it DOES mean that you need to be able to justify your choices...

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh i get your point...Variation should be more used...

but i guess i can't say much seeing i have Air and magic icon_sad.gif
Kindo
PostWed 05/07/03 1:32pm
I like powergamers, I really do. Image03.gif  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the best domain is healing, heal critical wounds is actually worth casting when its empowered. I do have one question thoguh - has anyone tried empowering a healing spell while they have the healing domain? does it double?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: