DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Newbies!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Mentos
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Newbies! Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the newbie island (the one that level 1's start on before they can opt to travel on to Elerina has mobs that rate very challenging as their only option to gain XP

this makes wizards/sorcerers & rogues have a very difficult time to kill with any sort of reliability to gain levels. Perhaps add in another little area that has some easier critters (for less XP of course) so that the classes that can't really take a hit can actually gain levels without dying repeatedly. By repeatedly I mean getting killed in one crossbow shot from a bugbear.

Just a suggestion to help newbies make it past their entry to the mod and make it over to where the real fun is icon_smile.gif
"Is this who you are? Some sweet violent urge. A weak fallen man, with the promise of an end?" - 30 Seconds to Mars, Jared Leto
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
PostSat 05/03/03 6:03am
Yeah. Thanks for the input. We are actually bitching about this already in a couple other forums.  Reply with quote

Mentos
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you direct me to this thread? I gave a quick search for it but I was unable to locate it so I could add my 2 cents there. I'm all for keeping like ideas within the same thread for ease of viewing.
"Is this who you are? Some sweet violent urge. A weak fallen man, with the promise of an end?" - 30 Seconds to Mars, Jared Leto
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was in the Complaints Rants and Flames forum. It was over ShadowCore whining because people dont role play. I brought up the reason that Eastern Isle sucks and is a pain in anyones ass. It totally discourages new characters and new players.

This is what I wrote:
Low-beginning levels: New people start off on the eastern isle... since we have way more returning people than we do newbie people, there are little to no parties going around on this island. It's a cool idea, but there is no point to it. You get to the top of the hill.... nothing... no point whatsoever. Just to level? Nah... a role player would prefer to start at level one with true HCR, any other player would prefer to start at least at level three.

That was just one of my suggestions.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ivan Man
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 3 / 25 EXP: 3 / 25 EXP: 3 / 25
 12%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think, do we really want to really get to know people in dyso, i think i do. If people just join and dont know what going on or really like it, doesnt it keep us a more select group. I think it is more fun that way. I think it is OK without a ton a newbs runnin around.
And some of the better players who want new characters will be more challenged than they want to be. Its not too hard, I did it with a bard the first time in around one day, but bards suk too. Well thats beside the point. The point is it discourages people who arent loyal to dyso, and keeps it more fun for the rest of us.

RRROOOAAARRR (or Mish Mack)
badgeranim.gif BOW TO ME Image13.gif

HEHE YES YES
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without new players Dyso will grow stale.

I loved the eastern Island when I first started Dyso 3.X on the first day.

However I had the advantage of a party of about 12 people who carried me through.

If the selection requirement for getting to Eleriina is too tough then we are denying access to good role players with poor power playing skills.

Plus there will be little to appeal to Role players if there are few other people on the Eastern Island.

I certainly fell into the poor power playing skills category when I first started.

Easy way to make it easier for people. Give them a starting Gold of $20,000

Coral Reef

I'm online 10 PM -> late EST -5 GMT

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
View users profile Send private message Send email
Kindo
PostWed 05/07/03 9:36pm
I thought this server was meant for party play.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
PostThu 05/08/03 1:47am
find a party at eastern island  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Island is now set up (well the ship captain in Eleriina specifically) to allow you to travel back if you are still lower level. Put this in so that if you have a buddy on the island and you need to go help them (or wanna hang out) you can now do so.
Aronthal
PostThu 05/08/03 2:18am
Only for lower levels? Darn, I have alot of nostalgia for that place. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the islands. It's all cosy and such. Feels like dancing naked in the rain. icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Eastern Island is now set up (well the ship captain in Eleriina specifically) to allow you to travel back if you are still lower level. Put this in so that if you have a buddy on the island and you need to go help them (or wanna hang out) you can now do so.

I'm level 4, the captain gives me no option to return to eastern island. Just the standard 'we're here, goodbye' speech.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind being alone, it's OK at times but it sure gets boring quickly, just make sure to have alotta healing potions, and for the rogues out there, it was explained how you could get to survive easily, little item called the wand of magic missles, 2000 gold, good deal for an attack... use your brains and learn how to win... IC stupidity shouldn't carry over into OOC stupidity... heh heh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: