DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Questioning of Circumstances
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Raven
PostFri 05/09/03 2:21am
Based on what would you say that I COULDN'T have killed you.

Last edited by Raven on Fri May 09, 2003 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total

Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven, shut up and back off. That's NOT the topic.

The topic is that people are still banned WITHOUT an explanation or a reason. The topic is NOT who killed who.

So drop it and keep with the topic, and if you don't want to drop it make a new thread.
View users profile Send private message
not_so_unique
PostFri 05/09/03 2:24am
The masters always know, Raven... are you banned, too for PK'ing?  Reply with quote

Grusk
PostFri 05/09/03 2:27am
not_so_unique, as I stated with Raven, that's NOT the topic.

If you want to banter on about killings, then make a new thread.

Raven
PostFri 05/09/03 2:29am
Yes, in fact, I WAS temporarily banned. But today I got back on. Is that to the topic now?  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, that's on topic. And valuable.

So you can get back in now? Care to ask the people who probaly keep booting/banning me why/if I am still banned and for how long?

I'd at least like to know how long i'm supposed to walk away from Dysotopia. And why, if it's not too much trouble, seeing as I have yet to be responded to by anyone even remotely involved in the situation with moderator powers.
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delandel is having the same problem after the fight. He first throught the DM kept booting him because he killed that rogue one too many times. Then it became clear he was banned. Then, his GameSpy account stopped working. Until now he can't get on his account. Is YOUR gamespy account working?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Gamespy account is working fine. And it's per IP, that's why I can log onto Dyso with my secondary computer under a new account/character.

They watch for 'Hero-Herecles', methinks.
Raven
PostFri 05/09/03 2:58am
I don't know if it's per IP. Delandel created a new account/player through the same computer. He has cable with static IP.  Reply with quote

Grusk
PostFri 05/09/03 3:00am
As do I, but I went to my secondary computer. Similar IP address, but not the same, so I was not caught on that basis.  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is, if so many players are banned without DMs or mods saying a word, of all the possibilities, it's a server error. We'll just have to wait.

Meanwhile, go join the army and be all you can be OOC.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC? OOC!? You mean this was an IC thread all along!?

And no thanks, America is just as bad as the OSB, but that's for Off Topic discussion seeing as that certainly would wander from the topic.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I mean be all you can me OUT of charater. In real life. But back to the topic. I think there is nothing to worry about. I certainly don't see any reason to ban anyone. It was a fight, happens all the time.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't ban anyone. Everyone's been playing pretty good from what I have seen lately ... and when I say good there I mean the "well" definition. icon_smile.gif

I can't say for certain what the hell is going on with these boots, but I can strongly suspect it's a database malfunction (as this was something Bri mentioned to me before). I haven't the foggiest how the Dbase functions ... just know that its there tracking various things, PK/CK being one of them.

Believe me, if I had issued a ban on someone, there'd have been my usual big post about it. That said, I cannot totally rule out a ban from perhaps Bri, Gorb or Falk ... but none of them has suggested anything close to that lately. Normally before someone is banned there is at least some chit-chat between 2 out of those 4 people.
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grusk wrote:
As do I, but I went to my secondary computer. Similar IP address, but not the same, so I was not caught on that basis.

If you are using a router then your internal ip's will likely be similar (deffintiely similar if you use DHCP .. don't use DHCP though icon_smile.gif ) but your external ip will be the same.

And Grusk please don't repsond flippantly .. I don't know how much you know about networking .. and I am just trying to help icon_wink.gif
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No boots on my part except for those published recently.
And I would compliment most players on their behaviour recently. It becomes somewhat more pleasurable again to do stuff for you lot... almost lost that.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks anyways Aronthal, but there really isn't anything inside the usual and abnormal things to try in this situation for me. Basically, i've tried everything I can.

Falkhor, Conrad, thank you for trying to help. I hope this database malfunction can be solved soon ... considering the weekend is coming up quickly.

And OSB, I must admit my apologies to you. It is really Kyra E'lent that I am angry with, and as tendancies follow through, Kyra and the rest of you are alot alike in the way you handle things such as PK'ing without "roleplaying." I really wish Kyra would just respond and say "I banned you" or "It wasn't me." Heh, any OSB member want to step forward? I'm sure you all reviewed this together in your little groupie circle at some point or another, considering the issue was so pressing as to step forward and actually tell me.

I am roleplaying and following the C.R.O.E. to every extent in everything I do involving the slaying of players. It's not my fault people make the first move or come back for revenge, everyone has the fair chance to get the heck away from me so I don't catch them and kill them.

Only other matter I have to touch is with Vurg. Vurg, I have yet to kill you, so why did you tell Kyra that I killed you in the Topaz Quarry? And without a word at that! I don't kill anyone without roleplaying, and it is not my character's style to do silent killing anyways. Xavier is a loudmouth that will not hesitate to let his target know what's going on so he can watch them squirm or call their friends through Magical Stones (tells). He enjoys that ... it's more fun to chase them or end up hiding, straight-out slaughter fests are displeasing and they give favor to Bane/Tempus.

EDIT: typo fixes
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grusk wrote:
Thanks anyways Aronthal, but there really isn't anything inside the usual and abnormal things to try in this situation for me. Basically, i've tried everything I can.

Falkhor, Conrad, thank you for trying to help. I hope this database malfunction can be solved soon ... considering the weekend is coming up quickly.

And OSB, I must admit my apologies to you. It is really Kyra E'lent that I am angry with, and as tendancies follow through, Kyra and the rest of you are alot alike in the way you handle things such as PK'ing without "roleplaying." I really wish Kyra would just respond and say "I banned you" or "It wasn't me." Heh, any OSB member want to step forward? I'm sure you all reviewed this together in your little groupie circle at some point or another, considering the issue was so pressing as to step forward and actually tell me.

I am roleplaying and following the C.R.O.E. to every extent in everything I do involving the slaying of players. It's not my fault people make the first move or come back for revenge, everyone has the fair chance to get the heck away from me so I don't catch them and kill them.

Only other matter I have to touch is with Vurg. Vurg, I have yet to kill you, so why did you tell Kyra that I killed you in the Topaz Quarry? And without a word at that! I don't kill anyone without roleplaying, and it is not my character's style to do silent killing anyways. Xavier is a loudmouth that will not hesitate to let his target know what's going on so he can watch them squirm or call their friends through Magical Stones (tells). He enjoys that ... it's more fun to chase them or end up hiding, straight-out slaughter fests are displeasing and they give favor to Bane/Tempus.

EDIT: typo fixes
Well, since I'm the only one who normally keeps the list of bans, I can say 100% that you were not banned on either server. Heh, that, and I can see the list right now. icon_wink.gif Anyways, Grusk, please send me a PM with your gamespy account. Perhaps one of the three people that are banned currently has your CD-Key. And yes, there are only three bans in place at the current time.
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three? Only three? I can come up with atleast 50 more names of peeps that should be banned!

*Sigh* Dreams... icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you greatly Gorb! I'll get on that PM right now.

And there is no possibility that the other three banned persons are currently using my CD key. I'm not so stupid as to give it away ...

Alright OSB, about all of this, sorry. Just sorry now, no big log rant about how much I want you to step forward for actions. No more long posts about how you're all to blame for x circumstance. Or at least, until the next time you give me reason to rant on about you.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the point where I say that Kyra is not a member of the OSB? Because according to my records, she isn't. Kyra often parties with OSB people and so on and so forth, but then lots of people do, even AliZee and Pete the Pick (when they aren't trying to scam the OSB crew, heh) ... but Kyra is not a member of the organization.

Insofar as Vurg ... I think I can safely say there is some personal beef between you, Grusk, and Ultrafoo (Vurg). I've heard your comments about it and I've heard Ultra's comments to me about it. Suffice to say it seems to me to be some sort of player-to-player OOC beef and thus I can only do so much. I don't have a problem with you, Grusk, in fact to the contrary I enjoy your play most of the time ... and from all accounts every other moderator/DM seems to share my general view of you as setting a pretty good example on evil RP. With Ultrafoo you have someone who plays the arrogant card perhaps a bit too well for his own good, something I have warned him about when it comes to moderating.

While Ultra's taken action against a couple of players on various issues, it has always turned out that the action was deemed acceptable/allowable. That does not remove the fact that in some cases I told him I wouldn't have bothered with the issue ... as I generally am not looking to start a pissing match with a player unless I feel it is absolutely necessary. His view is more absolutist than mine, not terribly unlike Uin's hardline stance on interpretation ... and if it weren't for the hardliners like Uin the rest of us would probably become a bunch of total softies and there'd be no point in having moderators in the first place. I think it's safe to say with the majority on your side, you haven't much to worry about and a moderator who is found to be using their moderator tools in an abusive/harassing manner without proper justification shall not be a moderator terribly long thereafter.
Glorin
PostSat 05/10/03 12:11am
you rule uin  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, yes. Uin, you rule.

Oh, and this problem was fixed. I can happily harass trolls with chickens as I decided to Thursday.

EDIT: Added
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: