DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I have to wonder if anybody understand what it will take to

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> eXiled Spirits (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Talia_k
Lamer

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8
 25%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: I have to wonder if anybody understand what it will take to Reply with quote

I have to wonder if anybody understand what it will take to win this war

Yeah, some people want to fight. But unless you want to go down fighting with little regard for who wins, you have to understand this is not a war that can be won on the battlefield. The problem is political, so your level 20 chops won’t win the war. The admins have the power of true death (banning) so going head on with them is futile. If we intend to win the war, we must take steps to strip them of that power, and perhaps, cease it for ourselves. It’s a war for the hearts and minds of the dysotopians and that is the only way we can really win this war.

I won’t go in to details here, because God only knows who is reading this forum. But if you are really interested in going to war, and winning, drop me a line via E-mail

Tal_k12@hotmail.com
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically, I don't respond to Private forums, because it really isn't my place. However, as an Admin, I feel I have to stick up for us other admins. Fighting against a group that has an admin (moderator) in it is not futile, so long as the "war" is kept in character. Moderators are simply PC's with a couple of goodies. Yes, they have the power to freeze and temp ban players. But, if the "war" is kept in character, the moderator should also keep things in character, which means it would be in bad taste for them to ban people for such actions. A ban that is placed on such a character would be grounds for discipline (in other words, I will ban the moderator for a certain amount of time or the moderator will be stripped of his "goodies".) This has already happened in the past, and I don't object to doing so in the future.

Happy gaming!
Gorbie
Talia_k
Lamer

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8
 25%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that an admin has popped in to comment on this proves there is a need to conduct guild affairs in a more secure environment.

Frankly, guild members should not be admins. The fact that several OSB members are admins kind of takes us out of that “More perfect world where everybody plays nice” realm, to the blatant abuse of power realm. All I know is several of my friends are gone forever, and my guild has been ravished all because Conrad Hollows and his clique pitched a hissy fit.

How can a war be fairly won, when you are fighting the person that wrote the rules of warfare, and has the powers to interpret them as he pleases? Well in a conventional war you can’t. This is why I suggest a war in new manner. A war that does in fact change things. A war that will bring about the destruction of the tyranny that is OSB, the ascension of the faithful remnant of the exiled sprits, and a better dyso.
Froja
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 21 / 22 EXP: 21 / 22 EXP: 21 / 22
 95%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With DMs such as Conrad , Falkhor ,Kindo and Uin , you have no chance of winning a war IC or OOC . So just give up with this idea and play happily as a goody goody in Disneytopia , you still have fun , so much people are having fun .

They don't respect how you try to RP , they just want to corrupt the powerful guilds and make Dyso a more lawful land , OSB is just a tool , one tool namely .

So , my advice is not to deal with DMs and OSB , just play your own game , you won't get hurt ...

I've worked hard to break these things in the past , now and then . We have won against White Roses (WR) , Ogt has dealed with WR and LoS . So many wars have taken place . And look at the situation , the ones who has fought against monopolists are banned or gone one by one .

So be smart , do not act against monopolists or you will be banned whatsoever .

Do you think it's a coincidence that whenever a PC objects DMs rules or complains about something about a ban or some other thing , he is told "nicely" by Gorb , or Conrad that "he should leave" the server if he doesn't like .

Dyso is NOT a democracy , unlike our guild is used to be . There are strange people ruling this place , and these DMs are having their fun by getting rid of people who objects them . It might be IC ,it might be OOC (like banning) , they just don't care .
help me you make me perfect, help me become somebody else
i want to fuck you like an animal
i want to feel you from the inside
i want to fuck you like an animal
my whole existence is flawed
you get me closer to god
View users profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> eXiled Spirits (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: