DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A search

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: A search Reply with quote

You see the Halfling clad in all green and recognize him as Sep. What is odd is that instead of brandishing a katana, he is carrying a bundle of flowers. You can see him approaching passers-by in the streets of Eleriina, seeming to ask them a question. Each time you notice his head sink as he undoubtedly received a disheartening answer. Could he be looking for a quick cheap date? Unlikely, as he is approaching both male and female, guards and commoners. You draw the conclusion that he must be looking for someone, perhaps a romantic interest, or someone he has wronged and wishes to set right. You try to think of the company he has been seen with lately. Of course the usual band of Scamps come to mind: Alizee', Pete, Sam. Eventually you begin to specualte, if he is looking for this person, perhaps it has been a while since they have been seen with Sep. Perhaps it was a chance encounter. Perhaps this person managed to lure Sep away from his quest for treasure. After watching this go on for several minutes, you see Sep heading in to the inn. You decide to follow and upon entering you see Sep surrounded by bottles of ale. He is drinking heavily. You are about to ask him what is going on when he notices you looking at him and he drunkenly blurts:

"Ah jus' canna fiennner n' Ah dunnu whair shee'es. Mus boofule Ah eveh seen. Mother 'fall!"
View users profile Send private message
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see a man dressed as a healer of Tempus.
He approaches the Halfling, stops, and mutters something about toxic alcohol levels and casts a heal poison spell on the poor drinker.

He pulls up a chair beside the halfling and say.

"Hummm?"

Coral Reef

I'm online 10 PM -> late EST -5 GMT

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
View users profile Send private message Send email
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep shrugs off the stupor. Seeming to regain his clarity of mind he looks around and sees a familiar face.

"Ah, hello Coral. I guess I kinda got into one there. Well, I wanted to. I have been searching for her for days now, and I cant seem to find her. Have you seen Selenia?"

Sep looks at Coral with a glint of hope in his eyes.
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral Reef looks away, his eyes full of confilict, saddness and concern.

He looks around the room and tries to make a not too obvious attempt to not make it look like he's not sitting with his back to the door.

Not asking he pours himself four fingers of gnomish spirits and drains the glass in 4 quick gulps.

Thus fortified he draws Sep up close and whispers.

"As you know, I am always traveling to new and different lands"

"Research for my new book, "Neverwinter 50: Different Neverwinter Worlds"

As expected I've seen a great deal, good and ... well not so good.

He hears someone approaching and whispers. "I was not here"

Then he runs up to the waitress and orders some food.

Last edited by Coral_Reef on Mon May 05, 2003 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see that Sep has a puzzled look on his face. He opens his mouth to speak, but reconsiders before one word escapes. He nods his head slightly and pulls a skin of wine from his pack. He gives it a cursory look and begins to imbibe.
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral returns with two plates of food.

"The fish was off so I ordered you the goat."

When the place clears out he whispers, "I travel to many lands. You may be interested in accompanying me. I will be by here briefly tonight in the tenth hour ((10PM EST -5 GMT)). I would be glad to have your company."

"Please note, I offer no assurance of anything"
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep picks at the plate in front of him while quaffing his wine.

"Wha's out dere? I dunnu if Ah kin do mush travellin in dis shayp."

"Wha's on dis playt? Dis fish dunnu smeel like fsshhh"
Coral_Reef
PostMon 05/05/03 6:34pm
Looks Sep in the eye -- To be blunt... I'd go traveling.  Reply with quote

Sep
PostMon 05/05/03 6:36pm
Sep sits silent for a moment, seeming to gather his thoughts.  Reply with quote

Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"bah"

Sep kicks back with his wine skin and resumes drinking. His speech seems to be a bit more focised and irritable:

"If she really liked me she wouldnt have left without a word. I think she ran off with someone else. I guess thats what I get for ignoring her the other day. I lost my chance. Oh well. Women are trouble anyway. Who needs them?"

Sep lights his pipe and a sweet cherry-pine scent fills the inn.

"Ah sometimes these are all that keep me sane." (pointing at the empty ale bottles and wine skin.)

Sep takes out a gold piece and spins it on the table.

"Lady Luck is the only woman who ever cared a might for me anyhow."

Seps drunken ramble continues, growing more incoherent and disjointed until his head hits the table and he loses consciousness.
View users profile Send private message
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral Reef looks over at his sleeping friend... thinks for a moment ... and then says absently... Looks like I've got a message to deliver ... He walkes off to the docks and says to the Captain, "How soon can you take me to Arkenia?

Coral Reef

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sep wakes up some hours later*

Sep raises his aching head off the table and looks around. The familiar faces of the barflies and wait staff bring his befuddled mind to ease. He sees the flowers he was carrying are now on the floor, covered in spilled ale. Sep picks these up and tosses them into the nearest waste recepticle on his way out the door. He makes his way to the arena in Eleriina North and begins to shadow-spar in one of the pits, intending to clear his mind through combat technique.
Coral_Reef
PostTue 05/06/03 4:26pm
Message posted on the Notice board.

Didn't find her, I'll look again tonight,

Coral Reef

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Mira Reply with quote

*Mira sits in the corner alone in shadow watching her two friends as they converse. She slips further into shadow and pulls her cape hood up to hide her features.

Selenia to has left it seems. Poor dear Sep. Should she say that she saw Selenia get on that ship? Mira remembers fondly the laughter and embraces of the girl with a slight smile. The two of them flirting near the fountain and their young love.

Mira looks down and swirls the wine in her glass, becoming mesmerized by the motion of the circling crimson. She ponders the turning of the tides here in Dysotopia and in Eleriina. She remembers another dark time like this one before The Great Battle. There were many heros then, they filled the streets. But when the Battle came even all of them were unable to stop the tidal wave of evil that swept the lands and forced all of them to flee years ago. Brotherhoods, friends, heros and commoners all fell. They were not organized or prepared for the onslaught.

She looks up at the nearly empty common room of the inn and out the window at the deserted streets. The city and the world has grown weak with dissention and dispair. If evil were to strike again, like it did before who would fight against it? She scans the common room of the inn and the streets thru the window. The city commoners is all she sees. Where are the heros?

Her frown deepens and she drinks the last of the wine from her glass. She sets the glass down carefully and turns away slipping out the side door. *
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several hours of nonstop shadow fighting, Sep trudges back into Elerinna Proper. He walks to the fountain and lays down on a nearby bench. The sound of the cascading water seems to relax him a bit, however there is an air of...peculiarity... about him.
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral Reef steps off the boat across the gangplank and onto the dock. He looks weary, tired after a long jouney.

He wanders past the fountain and notices his friend. Starring at the fountain he says, "I didn't find her last night. Searched 8 different towns but I didn't see her"

He stares at the fountain for a long while and says, "You know, I have only two regrets here"

The first is that I never found Omen a Half-Orc Girl.

The second is ... well, I'd say I spent too much time chasing monsters and treasures and not enough looking for the thing that really matters...

Coral Reef see's his friend expecting him to finish his sentence but stops when he see's a crowd has gathered...... ,

Coral Reef thinks to himself .... "He's a bright guy .... let him figure it out"

Last edited by Coral_Reef on Tue May 06, 2003 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep sits up and looks at Coral:

"Hey, I appreciate your efforts, but really I think Ill be ok. Im not sure what Im going to to but...

"Ah damn it, I need a drink!"
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My thougth exactly" exclaims Coral Reef already pushing through the crowd towards the inn.

In the crowd he thinks he see's a fleeing glimpse of.....

Coral Reef

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep storms to the Inn with his head down and barges in, and in an unusually rude manner he proceeds to harass the waitress and demand a barrel of ale be brought to his table.

The Bartender had begun to look quite perturbed until Sep threw down a sack which spilled sapphires all over the table.

"And make it snappy!"
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... Coral thought he caught a glimpse of Mira in the crowd. But when he turned to look closer she was gone. Humm I must be imagining things he thinks.

Coral arrives at the inn to see the spindly legged waitress bringing in a huge keg of ale to Sep's table. All kinds of people comming in and crowding around. He walks up to Sep and asks, "What's the occasion?"

Last edited by Coral_Reef on Wed May 07, 2003 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The occaision? No occaision. Just wanting a bit to drink thats all!" I think there is enough for the both of us. Maybe a mug or two for anyone else that wants some. Ah hell, Barrell Party on me. Gather 'round, gather 'round."

Sep takes a long draught from his mug and begins to fill it back up. Looks around and notices the throng of people.

"Ye all are fast to the mention of free ale."
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral Reef fills his mug with a draught of ale. Itís fine stuff, cool with a bit of nutty flavor to it. He drinks more and as he relaxes the worries and cares fall away.

Please ignore this part I wrote earlier. It's overdramatic to no end and stupid.

Quote:

and he drinks more until he realizes that there was something else besides ale in that keg.

As he loses consciousness he sees a doppelganger of himself form from the shadow he casts on the wall. Ö Then to his horror he sees the doppelganger attempt to take control of his physical body. Ö
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: