DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Moot (Druid Meeting)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Druid Circle (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: The Moot (Druid Meeting) Reply with quote

I beleive that all the Druids should gather together to meet one another and maybe have a little fun. There hasn't been lots of druids on in too long a time anyway. Therefore i propose that all the Druids should meet in "Southern Jeshan Coastline: Small Cave" at GMT 0200 AND GMT 0200 on Saturday and/or Sunday May 10th/11th. Also we need a new photo of all the new Druids. I'm going to ask Y if she can do a little roleplay event for us icon_smile.gif Please post here if you can attend!

EDIT: been rescheduled to tom. at same tiem as tonight and ALSO we discussed some things and everything will be posted after tom.

Last edited by Jase on Mon May 12, 2003 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I love that cave, its still buggy icon_wink.gif

02:00:00 Sat May 10 2003 in GMT converts to
22:00:00 Fri May 09 2003 in America/New_York (eastern standard time)

14:00:00 Sat May 10 2003 in GMT converts to
10:00:00 Sat May 10 2003 in America/New_York (eastern)

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/ << for anyone else who's inept at this sort of thing
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my Acccount is not fixed by then can we change it to a later date? I want to come but because of forces beyound my contrall *cough*Bri, supposedly fixed it still no work *cough*

I want to come still. Might just make new account and a level one Norrec Vizjeri to come and RP there. I dont want to miss it icon_cry.gif

Last edited by Norrec on Wed May 07, 2003 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and make one of them at least.

By the way, how many Archdruids are there? Just one? Or a few?

Coz I wanna be an Archdruid, seeing as I've done alot for our guild, helped initiates and blah blah. I don't wanna toot my own horn =)

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm planning IF POSSIBLE to have one once a month Norrec so it'll probably come again........ also i CAN schedule another one if your account isnt fixed.

There can be UP TO 3 Archdruids per sect (Sent/etc) it is up to the Great Druid to decide who and how many he wants......

TY to Malakalam for timezone coverter
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm one of thos times came out to be midnight my time.... Guess I cant come icon_sad.gif
Im thinking of makeing a new account anywy. I dont really like mine I have right now. Could the DMs just click and drag Norrec into my new account? Or does it not work that way?
Jase
PostWed 05/07/03 8:55pm
it works like tht Norrec just get Bri to do it

deleted your post

Norrec
PostWed 05/07/03 9:37pm
I think Bri is on vacation... Still no reply to my PM's  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wanna be powerful and mighty Archdruid, coz I'm just that good icon_biggrin.gif

So, if it's possible for me to become one, one of Great Druids let me know!

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Jaegan
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alynna here(had to declare cos my name doesnt really tally with the account heh),

oh darn and darn, i will be at work for the first one and i may be waylaid in the night for the second Moot ;P and i was sooo looking forward to cooking for ye all, having quite a fun time racking up this trade skill to obscene amounts...

*smacks iron pot against potty trolls* ahhh better.

would it also be good to use the moot to distribute the stuff we've hoarded? *HINT HINT*

i might just take a breaky tomorrow morn tae meet ye all there online... tempting hehheh if i am not there, ya'll have a good one, ja? ;>
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say if Ariia or I will be there. Hopefully one of us can make it, there are a few new druids around I would like to bring into the circle, and the moot would be a good place for them to see what our guild is like.
But until then.....time will tell icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
PostFri 05/09/03 6:52am
eh, I actually might not be able to make it, as I intend to be at a party celebrating the end of my time at community college.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, well I made it, but then my friend puked all over the chair I was sitting on.
and apparently a thief was running around inside the cave robbing us.
Hurin
PostSun 05/11/03 5:39am
Well, I didnt make it. Did I miss anything new? Any new news?  Reply with quote

Norrec
PostSun 05/11/03 11:52am
A thief eh....
Please people try and keep it a secret from now on. I like my gear!

Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thief we suspect was Bulbo, if this is true my life is in danger yet again, as I'm undercover with the Cyrics. I don't care much about letting it out now, just don't spread the word around to everyone outside the Circle, I'm trusting you all.

We also discussed about how we, as a guild, need to do something major and drastic, have us noticed. Any suggestions please post.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes Sublty works best. Why do you want to try and be show offs?

I think our guild works just fine as it is, start acting like jerks and we'll have more dysfunction and crap that all the other guilds have. I like the druids the way we are now. If there is a problem then we can work it out, till then why not be just another guild? No real enemies and no real alliances, just OURSELVES!

We are here to protect nature and keep the balance, Not to make friends and enemies.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jaegan
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest we get to know each of our fighting styles better? It may be the Sentinel in me talking, but as I have noticed some events just jump right out at people. Best we be prepared for it.

Perhaps a set of contingencies to fall back on when anything hits us so that there will be less confusion as to who are the frontal assault persons and then the second rank and so on. So far there seems to be a core group of druids active more than others, we can start like that?

Then again, most of you adventure together so the rest of us should just tag along more (guilty me included) and then things would gell better. Still it'd be nice to get the others involved, or at least get their feedback what roles they will be in a fight.

Also, about combat, what are the tips to fight drow? I was swamped and slain twice when there wa one such incursion in Kraven's lowlands 2 weeks ago... the trauma was as bad as dealing with the Soulseekers they summpned, the drow assasins, battle mages.. and THEN an old Green Dragon to start with. It was a very varied buncha enemies, to me at least. One lesson learnt: Falling back to regroup is a good tactic.

Oh dear, babbly me *returns quietly to simmering the stew* ;>

Alynna
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drow are easy, most area effect spells hurt the pants off them. If the mages have spell protection or something, just dispell it and continue bombarding them with spells and melee attacks.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaegan wrote:
May I suggest we get to know each of our fighting styles better? It may be the Sentinel in me talking, but as I have noticed some events just jump right out at people. Best we be prepared for it.

Perhaps a set of contingencies to fall back on when anything hits us so that there will be less confusion as to who are the frontal assault persons and then the second rank and so on. So far there seems to be a core group of druids active more than others, we can start like that?

Maybe this will help.....there isn't really an order, but a sort of guidline to the groups of druids and thier roles....

Healers of the Oak - [neutral good only]
As the name may imply, this school of druids seek peaceful and diplomatic solutions with neighbouring communities, towns and cities. They do not believe in the use of force to teach others Nature's Ways, instead bestowing and sharing with them the Earth Mother's wisdom and knowledge. These are essentially the diplomats of Nature and will heal those in need with Her powers.

The Sentinels - [lawful neutral, true neutral and chaotic neutral]
The druids of this school take no particular stand. They are ready to slay those who seek to harm Nature and ever willing to heal others as well. Instead of going to towns and cities to preach of Nature's Ways, The Sentinels spend more of their time doing patrols and scouts in the forests for any possible dangers or new happenings.

Stand of the Predators - [neutral evil only]
The Predators feel that talk and reasoning are nothing but a waste of time. The longer druids wait, the more lands will be raped off their trees and rivers. These druids believe strongly in fighting for Nature's Balance and believe that constructions of the civilised should be destroyed and returned to Her. They are our rugged warriors.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jr
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 9 / 19 EXP: 9 / 19 EXP: 9 / 19
 47%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errmm... i forgot the moot icon_redface.gif

i'll probobly come next time icon_biggrin.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Druid Circle (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: