DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Protection v. Alignment

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
River
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Protection v. Alignment Reply with quote

I was given a Protection v. Evil cloak and found a scroll or two that were labeled ‘Protection from Alignment’. Can someone tell me a little more about these items? I’ve found only a little about them and it hasn’t enlightened me very much.

I suppose I have one main question- Do the beasts and monsters in this world have an alignment?

The use of these items makes sense to me in confrontations between players, but what affect do they have on my day to day adventuring?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything has an alignment... although a lot of things (and especially power gamers) have True Neutral. More or less animals with low intelligence don't have alignments because they kill on instinct, not out of lust.

Protection from Alignment as in the spell, you can choose if you want to be protected against Good people, or Evil people. This is actually a VERY good spell because it gives you-

+2 AC Deflection modifier against attacks from chosen alignment.
+2 Saving Throws against Spells from chosen alignment
Immunity: Mind Affecting spells from chosen alignment.

Cloaks of Protection vs. Evil aren't that good because they only give you the AC, not the rest. So you should cast it on yourself whenever battleing evil-doers or good-doers.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
River
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... is there a resource that could tell me what the alignments are for different creatures? Are the alignments determined by the mod programmer / DM? Do I just rely on chance and wear the cloak?

You gave me great information, but I'm still being dense. square.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alignments are technically determind by the actual creature, but anyone can really be anything determined by the DM/Creator. In NWN there is no actual way of detecting someones alignment. Paladins are SUPPOSED to be able to detect evil, but for some reason they jacked that ability away from them. In real PnP D&D there are spells that tell you what alignment someone is. Most of the time if its a semi intelligent creature (intelligence score of 3+) then if it tries to kill you, its evil. Otherwise if its an animal, its just acting on instinct.

So is there any way to tell? No. Not directly. Assume, but don't get yourself in trouble icon_wink.gif!

Yes you do just rely on chance with the cloak.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emm one thing i can say is that most of the creatures (as far as i've seen) are actually evil.i always use the aura against alignment and it hurts almost everysingle creature that hits me.but i'd assume that the animals in like butterfly fields are neutral...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: