DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Level 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say I like both of those ideas, Kin! Especially idea #2 to the letter.

Only problem with #1 is that inviting everyone on the server to a single event could get chaotic... and the focus of some events would not be of interest to every character. For instance, my barbarian would not likely take interest in returning a lost magical chicken or something, unless there were a chance it could be cooked and eaten). Having multiple events for smaller groups and/or individual characters might be too burdensome for the DMs.

I'd definately go for #2!
View users profile Send private message
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like both ideas but i have a variation on #1

Maybe we could get guilds to come and then freelancers. Like each event would be based on a guild and that guild would be part of it. Then IF there was room for more people more people could join. The guild who got the event would rotate. Also there would be 2 other things. 1 called "Freelancer's Night" where those NOT in guilds would first be chosen. Seconda "Free for All" night when EVERYONE could join in. Also DMs would randomely do events liek they do now as well BUT there would be a rule. The rule would be each time the DM DOES do an event he MUST have AT LEAST 3 new people that way a lot more people get chosen. icon_smile.gif This system i think would probably work better
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas, Jase. I was thinking the same sort of things for #1 but was being lazy and didn't want to take time to express it. One thing though, this would require more active guilds and possibly "guild nights," all of which might be good for Dyso.

Then, in fact, I would kinda like to see both 1 and 2.
Raven
PostSun 05/11/03 12:14am
The question is that should lvl 20 be attained by powerleveling (which isn't better or worse. it's still hard and respectable) or earned through RP.  Reply with quote

Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RP. Personally i wouldn't be so sad to see lvls 19 and 20 taken out completely since you dont really need em. But if we MUST get to lvl 20 i think lvls 17-20 should get NO xp form monsters and from rp only. If #1 works out and hopefully #2 then we'll all be ABLE to get to lvl 20 but we dont NEED lvls 19-20 really they are nice and a luxiery but once u hit lvl 18 if your a pure type class u hve pretty much all your abilities.....
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a lvl 20 is a status. Of course, if lvls 18-20 are taken out, then the lvl 17 will become the new lvl 20. Nothing would change. So taking out the 3 lvls won't do anything.

The thing is be careful not to remove too much the powergaming part of dysotopia. It's the fine balance between PG and RP that makes this server fun.
View users profile Send private message Send email
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence, a combination of #1 (as revised by Jase) and #2 (as worded by Kin) would be a great way to get people to RP more and powergame less (that is, with #2, you would have to be in a party to keep gaining XP by killing creatures that you can count on being around... somewhere).
Jase
PostSun 05/11/03 2:21am
yeah this would be AWSOME now if only Bri would read it.......  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSun 05/11/03 2:29am
i think that if u lose enough exp at lvl 20 u shuld lose a level.  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, the length of a DM event compared to the exp you gain, isn't worth the time. Yeh, it can be fun but if you want your levels, become big and strong like mummy wanted then no-one will bother.

Make the DM events unique as you can, make sure each participant gains enough exp to satisfy them, also when people die during an RP event I don't think they should lose exp. It's just not fair when a lower level wishes to join in then dies losing a days work :p

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont see what tha big deal is....

if you dont like tha amount of xp you get per kill...
then dont kill stuff

if you dont like being lvl 20...
then dont get to lvl 20

simple
BriHurley
PostSun 05/11/03 12:55pm
Hmmmm I do read....And I am going to be adding more stuff to soon quest will also give good xp when I get them added....  Reply with quote

Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly, and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this, I only go hunting (in the crypts for example), for the most part, when there is nothing else to do. If there is some sort of interesting situation going on, wether it be a new area, a dm event, a player event etc., the last thing that I want to do is go exp hunting.

I think there are two extremes in role player types:

1) those that want to roleplay drama, relationships, friendships, swap stories, etc.

2) those that want to roleplay action, adventure, quests, etc

Personaly I fall alot closer to the type 2 role player, although I do have my type 1 moments as well. I have often said that I consider the type 1 rp'er to be an actor in the soap opera "dyso of our lives" icon_smile.gif .. but in actuality I have nothing against the people that prefer to rp that way, just don't force me to play that way, or disparage me because it does not interest me.

Anyway, enough rambling, when more things are added to do, I think you will find many of the people that are considered pg'ers to actualy be type 1 rp'ers.
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aronthal wrote:
1) those that want to roleplay drama, relationships, friendships, swap stories, etc.

2) those that want to roleplay action, adventure, quests, etc

the thing is 2) require a dm to be around... i think 1) is harder since it require imagination.. and speaking fom experience, you cant always be inspired...

that said, and now speaking from a dm poit of view, it is easier form me to imagine plot involving player that have a substance, thank those who dont. of course both are welcome in evry quest, but with n1 you lern haw there char can an d will react to certain thing.. and you can use this knowlege to make more interesting storys...
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking of something that I do not think would be that hard to add (compared to some other things icon_smile.gif ). It would add a little pseudo action oriented rp'ing and it would normaly kick in during "extensive" hunting sessions.

Would it be hard to add the following:

There is a small chance that a monster would drop some type of note when it is killed. The note would be a clue to some random quests, and the quest itself would not be triggered unless the note bearer enters a certain place.

For example:

Aronthal is hunting down in the crypts, he kills a couple dozen skellies and skellie number 25 drops a note. The note could have been dropped by a previous adventurer and might be a journal entry for example and says "Rumor has it a minataur is harrasing kravenwood estates". Aronthal then says, hmmm enough skellie bashing for me, lets go see what is up with this minnie. The "quest" is triggered when Aronthal enters a certain area while carrying his note.

The notes could be anything and could scale based upon the character level. Dm's, when they are around, could embelish the quest if they are able to. And the very rare note could be very rewarding, like being able to get a "powerful" artifact.

Anyway, I am too tired to ellaborate any more, but I think this may be an idea which could be refined and built upon, or maybe not. Bah who cares, I'm going to bed icon_smile.gif
M-K
PostMon 05/12/03 1:00pm
I agreee totally with Alizee nothing else to add.  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat idea, the note thing I read, that would be interesting... *mind working furiously* Ok so if they have it on different monsters, then I have a suggestion, but I'll start my own thread.. ahem...
AliZee'
PostMon 05/12/03 7:08pm
yea once i seen an Old Troll with a Scroll, but no Gold, he was charging a toll while i was taking a stroll  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truia For DM :p I have nothing else to do with my life right now until I move out into the country which isnt for 2 months even then I will be working only 8 hours a day 5 days a week so I am going to be bored.........

icon_cry.gif and since I got Divorced from West Chelsha wont be comeing around much........ icon_cry.gif and hte constant Assassination attempts at Drem get worse every day last one was three people -_- I will never be strogn enough to take down 4 level 17 Charaters Alone......

Now if you excuse me this has hurt my thumb

Last edited by Truia on Tue May 13, 2003 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Y
PostTue 05/13/03 10:56am
now the question is ... why did Truia quote me  Reply with quote

Jilessa
PostTue 05/13/03 11:26am
Umm i don't get it either...  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a good idea was one mentioned ages ago, stock events that can be triggered by Mods. The Mod uses a tool to start your standard orc invasion or drow attack. Dunno if its doable, I also like Aronthals quest item triggers idea above.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think a good idea was one mentioned ages ago, stock events that can be triggered by Mods. The Mod uses a tool to start your standard orc invasion or drow attack. Dunno if its doable, I also like Aronthals quest item triggers idea above.

well all of this are good ideas.. and i do beleive that most of them are already or can be implemented... the thing is Dyso as far a i think is a huge thing... and developing it while having it run 247 is quite ressources and work taking...
so i think that we can live with the way things are.. and when new things are ready then we will enjoy them... evry thing come in time, although i'll give you that waiting is a pain...

Quote:

Umm i don't get it either...

I think that Tuia's subconscient is betraying herself..

She is saying "Y" got no imagination, and do not spend enough time on dyso...
"I" (tuia) have no social life and want it to stay this way so i am perfect for the dm job.... My (truia's) IC social life is a desaster ,just like the real one.. i got divorced from west.. every one hates Drem and kill her on sight... (DM/Mod) dont do anythings about it: last night i was so mad i was jumping on my seat when i fall off and broke my thumb.

I (Y) could add:
Truia:" and now Y is making fun of me, GRRRRR *bites* Y.. *slam doors * *leave*"

She is in love ? isn't she ?
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opps LOL didnt mean to quote SORRY icon_cry.gif

and I actually got it caught in my chair and when pulling it out dislocated it some how =\
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao...i think "Y" is putting to much effort into reading what people write.
i'd rather interpret it like this: she screwed up emot-yum.gif
Kindo
PostWed 05/14/03 10:38am
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: