DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A new post has been started in the Ic section to report...

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: A new post has been started in the Ic section to report... Reply with quote

I think it would be helpfull to report unusual occurences in one area, this will allow players to keep up with curent events. It will also help provied clues to many on going stories. Often a vital clue might be missing from an encounter, and this would be a great way to help each other.

This will be treated as a "board" in the Eleriina Guard house, where people report what they have seen. Please treat this as an in charactor report, and with as much detail as you remember.

Y or Access D is know for his epic events which often last days. His idea is to provide players with a piece of the puzzle to encourage people to work together. Often this dosen't happen and leads to confusion and some frustration. His fantastic vision has added a great deal of fun to Dyso. It is my hope that this will help enable everyone to be a part of this vision. Please help by reporting things here.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4237

More DM's are embrasing this concept, so the more we share the more fun, and more possible these events will happen. This will allow Dyso to be less static and more of the persistant world which Dyso will be growing into.

Qusetions, Comments and Ideas are welcome in this thread, and IC reports to the link above.
Ectovult
PostSun 05/11/03 4:03pm
Grok, you're the man! icon_cool.gif  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's quite clever icon_smile.gif

Damn well good idea Grok icon_biggrin.gif

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea seems to be catching on, it would be helpfull if more details were included. I am begining to see how difficult reporting such events can be...I remember how often I witnesses at a scene of a crime can have quite diffrent recolections of the same event. I am not sure how this can be helped, but the details often contain vital clues. Any suggestions on how reporting can be made better and more consice would be greatly appreicated. And thanks for the responces so far.

Thanks also the the DM's as I try to keep my facts straight, I begine to see how complex the stories they present really are...it can't be an easy job, but as a player I find them very rewarding.
Joel_sil
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8
 62%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long term DM Events are a great idea (Especially when they lead to a plausible explanation, why dyso gets wiped and reborn as 4.x icon_smile.gif). Using the forums is an easy an good way keeping track of it (and reading some good story of dyso's most valued authors of course icon_wink.gif !)
Still I wonder, if it is possible to enhance the idea by using the built-in diary function, to keep players updated on such plot going on. The advantage of this could be, that everyone whether she/he reads the forums, the board or the thread mentioned above, could get involved very quickly in-game. Of course such an update should be very brief and written by the dm her/himself, to ensure high quality standards icon_wink.gif
If nwn script code can get access to external resources such as a asc-textfile,(or if you happen to have a bright work-around for that), it would be possible to maintain a central eventfile, where dms can easily update on the progress of their own plots, i. e. by ftp-editing (maybe with a linkage to the related forum thread). The automatic diary-update could be done at log-in. Of course this requires some real work from the dyso-coders and should be done only if some (or better many) of you
like to get in-game news that way.

ts
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: