DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

In-Game Map of Dysotopia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Should an in-game map of all of Dyso be available?
Yes, for sale at a shop or shops.
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Nope.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Yes, for free, but just to look at at the library.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Well...(explain your idea below)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: In-Game Map of Dysotopia Reply with quote

Seeing how it's not beyond the realm of possibility that by now some in-game character (whether PC or NPC) would have travelled the entire land AND wanted to pass on the knowledge to others, I think that this would be a very useful item that players - especially new ones - could pick up at, say, the General Store for 5 or 10 gp or something.

I'm willing to design it.....
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Sep
PostWed 05/14/03 2:43pm
I think the library would have the map of the known realms, but it should be up to the individual to remember/jot notes for himself.  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A map of all of dyso would be pretty good. How much detail are we talking about, though... would it be a "provincial" map that includes Dyso and surrounding areas... or would it be only Dyso? Would it show relief? Would it show roads and such?

Seems that a detailed map would not be for sale as it can be difficult to reproduce maps without a printing press. Something like that would have to be found posted at the library (not an item... but a board).

A sketchy map like the proverbial pirate's map or something just might be something you could buy from a merchant.

Good idea!
View users profile Send private message
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain this a little bit better.

Since there is already a map of Elriina available, I know that it would be possible to have a map of Dysotopia in-game, as well. Of course, this would have to fit a lot more on one page, but that's fine. It doesn't have to be extremely detailed. It doesn't need to show landmarks or say things like "Here there be Dragons" or anything like that. Major roads and cities maybe would be good. If it's too big to fit onto one map well, then there could be multiple available, like say, North, South, East, and West (with some overlapping).

I don't think this is too far of a stretch for in-game reasons. As I mentioned, the Elriina maps are already mass-produced, and indeed the boat captain(s) stuff one in your back pocket whether you want one or not. Dysotopia is a large island, but not so large that *someone* living there hasn't probably said "You know, we should have a map of our island!" It could just be a very roughly drawn outline of the island, maybe distances not even being too incredibly accurate, but just a basic run-down on where stuff is. A map made by someone travelling on foot and drawing as they walked.

Nothing fancy at all. Just a classic "old-world" map. Like I said, mostly useful for newbies.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there is an actual world map in the gallery that bri uploaded i believe, but yeah a map like that would be a ok, BUT the thing is, something like that that shows the entire island should be a little bit more pricey, and it shouldnt be able to be on a single map, maybe a collection of part 1,2,3 for the entire world to be revealed, but ONLY if you have all 3 maps, say a 100 gp a piece, neat eh? auto walk into an area and bam everything is highlighted...

of course when dieties were in, if your deity was selune you could pray and do the same exact thing without a map, but well whatever....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: