DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A petetion from the people to the king

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Please sign this petition if you agree
Yes something must be done
82%
 82%  [ 32 ]
no I don't agree (a seprate petition asking for no change)
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 39

Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: A petetion from the people to the king Reply with quote

We the Citizens of Dysotopia have a great consern, that the Rift gates of Eleriina and Kravenwood Estates, are not protected enuff from the terible scurge of Soul Seekers. In Kravenwood Estates their is no Guard posted, and many have died traveling into the city. At least it is in an enclosed building, so only rarely does one manage to escape and murder the helpless citizens before an Avenger can hunt it down.

The Rift Gate in Eleriina, though often partolled, is in the open, and many times a day a Soul Seeker is free to kill any who happen near. It is no doubt the citizens fear that part of the city, for so many have died there the all of the valley could be used as a graveyard. We would request the Rift Gate have a structure built around it, and a Guard placed near it as in Sylvendale. Then we could visit the founatin without the constant fear of death.

We have one more request, the Avengers in Sylvendale do not see the Glathers as the monsters they are, there have been many incedents where they have followed out adventures into the streets. Thoses same adventurere are commanded to sheath their weapons while the Glathers are aloud to roam the streets freely. Even in the temple, they are unchecked. They have been seen attacking The Scribe, or the merchants while a Guard just walks by, there plea for help ignored. Please inform the Avengers that Glathers are ruthless killers. Many deaths have occured from their inaction

Many citizens have made such requests before, but no action has as yet been taken. Please take the requested steps to make our lands safe.
Norrec
PostFri 04/18/03 12:31pm
*signs petetion*
I agree.

guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard many talk of the evil of these "seekers", yet each time I meet one it is but a short while and I have slain them....in some cases 2 or 3. I know that I am not frequent enough in the land to protect everyone, nor do I "sit" at the rifts all the time, but I don't feel that they pose any more of a threat than any other evil in the land.

On a separate note, I have been known to resurrect those I find slain by the seekers and to return their treasure to them. Just a simple service I provide icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye something must be done...especially in regards to Sylvandale. I am starting to think the Dsyotopian Avengers are Evil as they seem to cater to the Glathers and restrict the citizens of Dysotopians from protecting themselves.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself feel quite sorry for the poor creatures... I mean they get lost, stray onto one of our rift gates, then they are killed. These poor creatures are lost, confused, and have no idea what is going on. They have likely become hostile with the people for the same reasons the ogre eaters have, you give them no choice. These poor creatures show up and immediately 4 people are attacking them. How's that to ruin your day? So in essence are these soul seekers that are killing people in Kravenwood acting about the same as the people are towards the soul seekers in Eleriina?

I would like to see this problem researched, and perhaps find a way to send these soul seekers back to where they belong as good as new. Just another exampe of the people of Dysotopia resorting instantly to violence instead of seeking a better answer. I am going to sign your petition, but I hope very much that something better than more guards can be found.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the fault of the Lack of Government and Control in Dysotopia, when has anyone ever seen Lord Kraven or Lady Ethis take command of their citys? Enforce the laws there? Never, people it is time for an uprising, no petition will secure the citys, no pacifists movements, no protests!! It is time to take arms and fight for the people.

If we are not given the protection we so deserve then our government has failed us, Governments with lack of Control or Freedom are failing weak bodys. This has been proven by this rise of Murder Counts by Soul Seekers, Glathers, and common thiefs.

The OSB and the Noble Paladins have done nothing to save us except say they will. The Governments of the Citys in which these crimes are committed speak nothing at all of these revelations. They aren't even able to provide proper protection for their people, they rely on the King's Men to do it for them, and even that is not enough.

It is time to take action not words, Revolution!
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many riftgates must a man walk through
Before you can call him a man?
Oh and how many seekers must the OSB slay
Before they can sleep with other Paladins?
Oh and how many times must the lamers whine
Before they're forever banned?

The answer, my friend,
Should be posted near the Inn
But for now just be happy you're not Uin

(nothing personal Uin, just makin' poetry.....maybe..... icon_twisted.gif )
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Glorin
PostFri 04/18/03 3:54pm
(its not poety, its just changed words in a Dylan song)  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(? wha...?)

Yeah you're right it's not poetry. Nope. No rhyming or rhythm there. Uh-uh.

Say something like that again and earn yourself the title of Glory-holin', ya little Wiper-of-Other-People's-Bottoms. I fart in your general direction, and wave my private parts at your Auntie! THTHTBBBFFTT!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Darkshadow666
PostFri 04/18/03 4:37pm
Great way to throw people off track Maelstrom "the singing spammer". Can we stay focussed?  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Say something like that again and earn yourself the title of Glory-holin', ya little Wiper-of-Other-People's-Bottoms. I fart in your general direction, and wave my private parts at your Auntie! THTHTBBBFFTT!!!

omg thats really funny!!!!!!! icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif

On an ON topic note:

Yes, I sign as well.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc:

Since game mechanic won't let us show all the people who do live in the citys, try to imagine your just a towns folk....your chances with a soul seeker or glather would be zero. The citys enforce laws punishable by death for unsheathing you weapon, but these creatures often roam for long enuf to slay many imaginarey citizens. They would be scared to leave their homes.
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Grok, you are right on the money. It would be in the King's interest to do something about the stray Seekers and Glathers. After all, every innocent citizen slain is one less taxpayer.

I also agree with Nei's point that we don't necessarily have to kill the Seekers. Perhaps some magic could be crafted that would detect their presence and whisk them away to safety (theirs and ours)... say to a temporary place in the jail. However, absent further systmatic ways of making the populus FEEL more secure, I am afraid that Glorin's idea of revoluation may resonate with more and more people.

Also, the whole issue of the Avengers not arresting the Glathers seems absurd to me. If nothing else, the Avengers should tell the Glathers to put away their weapons too!

Tae icon_razz.gif
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
This is the fault of the Lack of Government and Control in Dysotopia, when has anyone ever seen Lord Kraven or Lady Ethis take command of their citys?

woooooow it has been years since i saw any of those two, do you think they are still alive?

ive always said that this is an island wihtout governants, i wonder who put those avengers there, i think they just came in to take over the land

the king? ive never seen no king in all the time i have been here, theres a castle, theres a throne, but theres no king, and ive been a few times to the castle, its just an empty place.

i will write down my theory later on about what i think is going on here
View users profile Send private message
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grok Speaks*

It is my hope someone, the King, a prince, a local guard reads this. These are serious concerns.

OOC
They have been voiced before, I noted that on a similar rant Brihurly has stated that now you won't loose xp's in Eleriina from a unity killing you. I appricate that. please consider the other areas. I am sure your working on more than I can possibly immagine right now, but even a little "so noted" would go along way for me right now.
Jilessa
Master

XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tae said:
Quote:
It would be in the King's interest to do something about the stray Seekers and Glathers.

Well ehh..the reason i ask this is cause i know Tae pretty much knows what she's talking about,but do glathers come after you trough rift gates?cuz i've seen vrock and seekers,but never a glather
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Glathers follow those who leave the sewers, most often running from a large group or a Glather Lord. But the Avengers just ignore them, making it unsafe for adventurers or citizens of Sylvendale.

I have never witnessed any creature following someone through a rift gate.
Jilessa
Master

XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean "follow" someone.Just that they appear by rift gates.How hard would it be for the Kinga to just place one guard by kravenwood and so on?

I mean.He can't be that broke...
Raven
PostMon 05/05/03 8:48pm
I agree. *Signs with a fine magic dust that turns into unerasable letters*  Reply with quote

Coral_Reef
PostMon 05/05/03 8:54pm
Thanks for putting this so eloquently Grok,

**Coral signs the pettition ***

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC: Yes, my people. This is one of the concerns brought to me at our last meet as well as by people passing by. I will be looking closely into what can be done about these beasts, heh, perhaps taking care of them myself.
-Prince Tanier

OoC: Why wasn't this in the IC forums? icon_cool.gif
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grok Bows*
Prince Tanier I am greatfull for you responce, many citizens have spoken to me of their concerns, I am at your service and glad to help in any way.

OOC: a good point, the IC froums would have been the logical place to put this, but I felt more would have had a chance to read this in the Suggestions area. In the future, such ideas directed to you shall be placed there.
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add that the portal guardian at the Lost Woods is unarmed and as such can not kill the seekers that appear there. When I first saw a seeker there, I was unable to even injure it with the few spells at my disposal and found that it was immune to all my weapons. (sling, scimitar) --- I was unable to use the portal, and while the seeker was having fun attempting to slay the apparently invicible portal keeper rather than attacking me, it was quite an inconvenience.

-- Scakoth
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of days ago I was resting at the Pit Tavern, when a poor fellow came in followed by two trolls and a leopard. I killed the leopard barehanded, then we stood there and watched as the trolls beat on the Avenger for a couple of minutes. The Avenger took no action other than to cast Bless on itself. Eventually I had to kill the trolls myself, pausing every so often to sheath my weapon so the Avenger wouldn't kill me.

Personally I think we should get rid of the Avengers entirely. Even when they work properly they are just too dangerous. They cast area effect spells with no regard as to who else might get caught in the blast.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
zak_fel
PostWed 05/07/03 7:45am
Grok! u better have more than 12 intelligent points or your nothing more than a powergamer  Reply with quote

Spears
PostWed 05/07/03 11:30am
I beg to differ Zak. Most powergamers have 13 int points for disarm.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zak_fel wrote:
Grok! u better have more than 12 intelligent points or your nothing more than a powergamer

Hehe, comes from the master PG himself? icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have a 14 int. so I can rp a smart half-orc.

Also I have seen in the pit arena near the rift gate the same thing a fight with a seeker, but the pit master could do no dammage. This might be causing a bit of lag.
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
zak_fel wrote:
Grok! u better have more than 12 intelligent points or your nothing more than a powergamer

Hehe, comes from the master PG himself? icon_wink.gif

im more of a role player than u could ever be, kindo

ya just really whinning abt ppl not role playing, when you're hardly the poster boy for role players

take a pill and call me in the morning icon_twisted.gif
Raven
PostWed 05/14/03 9:44pm
Some people who say that "if you don't want the risk of being killed by a soul seeker, just walk", How do I go to Gloth then?  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: