DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Why is the Xs forum locked part II

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Talia_k
Lamer

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8
 25%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Why is the Xs forum locked part II Reply with quote

I have been told by older and wiser people not to speak when you are angry. Well, I have never mastered that skill so please take this epistle with a pre-requisite grain of salt.

What is the real reason the Xs forum is locked up? Well the official story is either because.

A) The members said the guild was over.

Or

B) It was inactive and they shut down all inactive forums.

Both of these reasons are bullshit. While some of the guild members were ready to throw in the towel there was a faction that wanted to start open war with the OSB. Yes, the calmer heads had indeed packed it in, but the guild was a long way from dead in the water. There was a war brewing. There was even talk about if it was possible to take the OSB out in a conventional war considering the leader of that guild wrote the rules of conflict, and had the power to interpret them as he pleased (for those of you playing at home the answer is no). After that, I suggested a war or influence. A conspiracy to win the hearts and minds of the dysotopians. Now this by it’s very nature is the sort of stuff killer role-play is all about. Intrigue, propaganda, fluid alliances and gerrymandering. Yes, I’m sure hijinx would ensue. But it was at this point that NON MEMBER Gorb guy posted to our PRIVATE forum, he felt it was indeed possible to beat the OSB in a conventional war.

Does anybody else have a problem with this? I suggested in my original post that we not discuss details of our propaganda campaign on the message board, as we did not know who was reading it. As turn out my paranoia was well founded. I wonder who is reading my PM’s besides me?

Anyway, why was the Xs forum closed down really? Well I’m of the opinion that Gorb did it because we were acting like we were going to make trouble for the OSB, and since I was talking in riddles about a war of influence, he figured he would just pull the plug and make it all go away.

Now let me speak plain for a moment. This all stinks, but more to the point it’s WRONG,WRONG,WRONG!!!! No guild or guild member should be given administrative powers, no person with administrative powers should be involved with members of a guild. Part of exceptional role-play is the politics of it all. But as it stands, right now the OSB is the only guild with nuclear weapons. Did the people vote the OSB to be our overlords? No, they just stroked the right egos and were granted the power.

Considering the inequity of the current system I make the following suggestions.

No guild member should be granted Admin power.

The OSB should be stripped of such power. If they want to bring order to Dyso, let them do it with whatever in game power they possess. They should have no ability that is not available to any other player.

If Conrad Hollows want to make policy, he should no longer be and active player in Dyso. The fact is you can’t win a war against someone that creates the rules for such a conflict, and has the power to interpret those rules as it pleases him.

Admins, such as Gorb guy, should stay out of guild politics and focus on their main duties. Gorb might do better finding a way to keep the server from crashing every 20 minuets then going around locking forums.

Private forums should be private, and while I understand that Admins can view such forums, they should not.

In conclusion, I feel I should mention that I love playing on Dyso. Not because of the mod, the server, or the administration of the server. I love it because the people at Dyso keep things interesting. I have many friends here, and I’m sad to report I’ll not be playing with some of those friends because of the way the system currently operates. I have no power here, other then a voice. I do nothing more then suggest that things change in an effort to be fair. There is a possibility the post will get deleted, or I’ll get banned for questioning the powers that be. But if such is the case, tis no lost really. If they would ban me for speaking my mind, it would only be a matter of time before they banned me for some other imagined slight.

Dyso forever, death to the tyrants!!!!!
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yadda yadda yadda, in short, the people who read posts are the forum admins, For one, Gorb has nothing to do with the OSB at all. THat's conrad, and he can't read the freaking things!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all, do you really expect that forum admins cannot access hidden forums? If so, hah, I laugh at you.

And third, I think I know why it was locked, and it was because it was a PLAYER guild, not a character guild, it was dead as hell except for the people who wanted to take over the mod and think that people hate them because they have power. HAH, I laugh at that dumbass opinion. YOu get as much opportunity as everyone else, if you want to kick the OSB's butt, you could've gone right ahead, noone would've stopped you OOC, but, as all OOC lamers who don't get what you want, you nag about the untrue fact that admins stopped you. That is pure BS, it's always the people who are doing wrong think they've been done wrong. xS never was a decent guild, although it had decent players, it was a pure player guild, and it sounds like you're one of the BoC like people who think like Jarent, who think they are able to own a mod and that noone will stop them, bah to that. If the guild would've been good and decent, noone would've stopped you, but you were yjust a bunch of OOC players trying to be the best..BAH to that.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is the Xs forum locked part II Reply with quote

Talia_k wrote:
I have been told by older and wiser people not to speak when you are angry. Well, I have never mastered that skill so please take this epistle with a pre-requisite grain of salt.

What is the real reason the Xs forum is locked up? Well the official story is either because.

A) The members said the guild was over.

Or

B) It was inactive and they shut down all inactive forums.

Both of these reasons are bullshit. While some of the guild members were ready to throw in the towel there was a faction that wanted to start open war with the OSB. Yes, the calmer heads had indeed packed it in, but the guild was a long way from dead in the water. There was a war brewing. There was even talk about if it was possible to take the OSB out in a conventional war considering the leader of that guild wrote the rules of conflict, and had the power to interpret them as he pleased (for those of you playing at home the answer is no). After that, I suggested a war or influence. A conspiracy to win the hearts and minds of the dysotopians. Now this by itís very nature is the sort of stuff killer role-play is all about. Intrigue, propaganda, fluid alliances and gerrymandering. Yes, Iím sure hijinx would ensue. But it was at this point that NON MEMBER Gorb guy posted to our PRIVATE forum, he felt it was indeed possible to beat the OSB in a conventional war.

Does anybody else have a problem with this? I suggested in my original post that we not discuss details of our propaganda campaign on the message board, as we did not know who was reading it. As turn out my paranoia was well founded. I wonder who is reading my PMís besides me?

Anyway, why was the Xs forum closed down really? Well Iím of the opinion that Gorb did it because we were acting like we were going to make trouble for the OSB, and since I was talking in riddles about a war of influence, he figured he would just pull the plug and make it all go away.

Now let me speak plain for a moment. This all stinks, but more to the point itís WRONG,WRONG,WRONG!!!! No guild or guild member should be given administrative powers, no person with administrative powers should be involved with members of a guild. Part of exceptional role-play is the politics of it all. But as it stands, right now the OSB is the only guild with nuclear weapons. Did the people vote the OSB to be our overlords? No, they just stroked the right egos and were granted the power.

Considering the inequity of the current system I make the following suggestions.

No guild member should be granted Admin power.

The OSB should be stripped of such power. If they want to bring order to Dyso, let them do it with whatever in game power they possess. They should have no ability that is not available to any other player.

If Conrad Hollows want to make policy, he should no longer be and active player in Dyso. The fact is you canít win a war against someone that creates the rules for such a conflict, and has the power to interpret those rules as it pleases him.

Admins, such as Gorb guy, should stay out of guild politics and focus on their main duties. Gorb might do better finding a way to keep the server from crashing every 20 minuets then going around locking forums.

Private forums should be private, and while I understand that Admins can view such forums, they should not.

In conclusion, I feel I should mention that I love playing on Dyso. Not because of the mod, the server, or the administration of the server. I love it because the people at Dyso keep things interesting. I have many friends here, and Iím sad to report Iíll not be playing with some of those friends because of the way the system currently operates. I have no power here, other then a voice. I do nothing more then suggest that things change in an effort to be fair. There is a possibility the post will get deleted, or Iíll get banned for questioning the powers that be. But if such is the case, tis no lost really. If they would ban me for speaking my mind, it would only be a matter of time before they banned me for some other imagined slight.

Dyso forever, death to the tyrants!!!!!
Ok, I've had it with you. You've pushed me too many times. Now, your time with Dyso is over. Goodbye.
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you seem to think that dyso is some kind of democracy, well let me tell you, it's not.
Bri decided what happens here, and i don't think that has any problem with the way things are being handled.
especially conrad seems to be a target by you people, well last time i checked conrad was one of the most respected members of the dyso society, bri himself said "conrad... i wish i had three of him".
according to my own opinion conrad is doing a wonderous job, look at all the rules and mediations he made so everything would run smoothly, not only is it not easy to think of such rules and organisation but it also takes a special kind of man to be willing to put so much time into what is still a game and people who he hardly knows.
he doesn't get paid for all of this, and personaly i'm incredibly gratefull that he is willing to spend so much time on it.

now for the forum part, you seem to think that that is something terrible since it compromises your security, but it shouldn't matter at all. since everything gorb sees there is ooc and he will not take this in character. but then again you seem to think taht you have to win some ooc war too.
well let me tell you will never win that war, since the admins have the final call, that being tha cord.
the exiled spirit guild was always a guild about power, now ic that is fine but certain individuals also want that power ooc, and that just isn't going to happen. ooc power isn't given to a guild in dyso, it is given to individuals bri finds worthy with advice from a few other people he trusts.

and that there seem to be so many moderators in the OSB yes that is unfortunate i'll give you that, it would be better if it was a bit more spread out. but it's no disaster and nothing in the world is ever perfect.

the only way you will get anything to happen if you can convince bri himself.

and after "Dyso forever, death to the tyrants!!!!!" i'm sure he'll be glad to implement any changes you feel needed
Image03.gif

this post is completely build up out of opinions. and just because it's YOUR opinion does not mean it should or will happen.

i'll probably add more later.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: