DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Watcher

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Author Message
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: The Watcher Reply with quote

*Mira sits in the corner alone in shadow watching her two friends as they converse. She slips further into shadow and pulls her cape hood up to hide her features.

Selenia to has left it seems. Poor dear Sep. Should she say that she saw Selenia get on that ship? Mira remembers fondly the laughter and embraces of the girl with a slight smile. The two of them flirting near the fountain and their young love.

Mira looks down and swirls the wine in her glass, becoming mesmerized by the motion of the circling crimson. She ponders the turning of the tides here in Dysotopia and in Eleriina. She remembers another dark time like this one before The Great Battle. There were many heros then, they filled the streets. But when the Battle came even all of them were unable to stop the tidal wave of evil that swept the lands and forced all of them to flee years ago. Brotherhoods, friends, heros and commoners all fell. They were not organized or prepared for the onslaught.

She looks up at the nearly empty common room of the inn and out the window at the deserted streets. The city and the world has grown weak with dissention and dispair. If evil were to strike again, like it did before who would fight against it? She scans the common room of the inn and the streets thru the window. The city commoners is all she sees. Where are the heros?

Her frown deepens and she drinks the last of the wine from her glass. She sets the glass down carefully and turns away slipping out the side door. *

(( Above refers to Sep's search. http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4122&start=0 ))

*She slips from shadow to shadow as she makes her way to the guild store. She is glad that she learned so much from her different rouge friends thru the years and practiced the arts herself. "Thanks Ali'zee and my halfling friends for all the lessons" she mutters softly as she slips thru the door to the guild.

Once inside she stays under her cloak and whispers with the fence inside. After a few minutes she slips quietly down the stairs and thru the locked door near the back of the guild.

She sits thoughtfully for a moment and then slowly empties the contents of her packs onto the table. She needs to organize and prepare.

She has decided her role now. She will watch and protect.

Eleriina will one day need it's great heros again. She will watch the events and keep her ears and eyes sharp, watching for the signs and gathering those that can be trusted to her side for the battles that are sure to come.

She carefully arranges her items and weapons and stacks her gems and gold in her pouch. Most of the rest she piles to sell to the fence.

First she must build her skills and prepare herself for battle. There is some time, but not much. The city and it's people will fare ok without her for now. The White Guard though small has good people. She must trust them and their instincts for now.

She settles her packs and straps on her her katanas. Collecting her other things to sell she slips quietly back into the guild area and quickly finishes her business with the fence.

As soon as she has negotiated a fair price she steals out to the market for more supplies then escapes thru Eleriina West into the wilds to prepare. *
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder


Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Posts: 1069

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*in a dark secluded corner AliZee' sits alone on a bench, quiet and hidden from sight from all but tha must watchful of eyes...he stiffles a giggle but not tha slight grin on his face as he spots a tallie that he hasnt seen for so long....creeping through tha shadows trying to remain unseen as she makes her way towards tha guild...he watches until she slips through tha door...then pockets tha Gold Coin he was fingering in his hand, gets up and walks towards tha door of tha Inn...cheerfully whistling a soft tune he had heard somewhere but cant quite remember where....*

hehe silly tallies... icon_biggrin.gif *he says to himself before he steps inside...*
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Southern Jeshan Reply with quote

((Refering to : http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4176))

*As she slips from Eleriina West and crosses the bridge into Southern Jeshan she smells smoke and spots a campfire off in the distance, she skirts the area and continues heading away from the city.

She occasionally looks off in the direction of the fire, hand on her katana in case it may be a foe. She will not cause trouble in this land, it's too close to the city proper. She will hunt, she will train, but not here. She has a longer journey ahead of her... *
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: the journey Reply with quote

(( referring to: http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=51782#51782 ))

*She slips past and continues her journey, passing through all of Jeshan and entering the forest. She slips quickly through using her invisibility ring and makes her way towards the pass and Butterfly fields beyond.

She has choosen to travel the roads instead of taking the portals for many reasons. For one she wants to watch the traffic on the roads and to see the manner and pattern of the travelors. She notes the types of creatures inhabiting each area in her path and commits it to memory. If anything is out of place she will know it.

She looks back suddenly and steps into shadow near a group of trees. Did she see a figure behind her? She ponders carefully who might follow her and considers her next move... *
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( in reference to: http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=52007#52007 ))

* He seems lost in thought thinking about something. She looks at him and wonders why he follows. The animal travelling with him sniffs the air as he approaches her grove of trees. She stands still, sheilded by her invisibility. Her hood still pulled up and her katanas in hand she steps into the road just behind him. *

Are you tracking me? If so, speak quickly...
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer


Joined: 18 Dec 2002
Posts: 1837

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raisthenal starts.

He whirls around, notching an arrow and drawing back his bow in an instant, looking all about him. Dular's haunches go up, and he snarls.

"Who?!?"

But there is nothing there.

Or.....is there...?

Dular seems to be looking straight back down the path from where they had just come. Straining his eyes and trusting his other senses even more, there does seem to be something...out of place in front of him...

"Are you invisible? Or just a trickster throwin' your voice?"

He lowers his bow, and lets the string go loose. Dular calms noticably.

"To answer yer question, I was tracking something through here, though I know not what exactly. Certainly it seemed to me someone or something pretty good at remainin' out of sight. You good at that?"

He pauses a moment.

"Look, I mean ya no harm, really. I was doin' my usual wanderin' about on the coast South of here, and thought I'd do a little tracking. I dunno, just felt like doin' it. Also, I felt compelled to invest'gate this 'something' I thought I saw while on the coast for some reason."

"My name is Raisthenal, and I am of the Howling Wolf," he says, placing the arrow back into its quiver, and holding his right hand out, palm up. "If you know our reputation, then you surely know I do indeed mean you no harm. Now, you got a name, too?"
_________________
"Great warrior? Ah! Wars not make one great!"
yinyang.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*She looks him over carefully and puts away her katanas with a look at his familiar. Then she accepts his hand in greeting.*

I am Mira Kolder. Well met. Join me in rest, friend.

*She slips back into the trees and finds a clearing to make camp. After a time they sit by the fire and she makes a stew for them to dine. As she eats she looks at him, measuring him. Her invisibility spell wears off and she slides back her hood.

She is fair, hair blonde and with a slight point to her ears revealing her mothers race as elven. Her eyes are a blue deep like the sea. Her face shows experience as does her manner and watchful gaze. *

So Raisthenal, you make a habit of following and tracking people do you?

*smiling easily at him*
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer


Joined: 18 Dec 2002
Posts: 1837

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raisthenal slurps up some of the stew, and grins, looking up at her.

"Mmm. Well, ya know, I wouldn't call it a habit, really. More of an obsession, actually - but only when it's obvious that the person is good at making it a challenge."

He stares into the fire a moment.

"I would have either caught ya or stopped following by the time you passed that first band of Gnolls," he says matter-of-factly, going back to the stew. "Mmm...but, you had that invisibility goin' on, so I was never able to spot ya. I was intrigued."

He looks back up at her, his pale blue eyes holding hers, the firelight on his white-blue skin and white hair making him almost ghostly. There is a gentle humor in his gaze, but also an underlying seriousness.

"But I take it that without that, you are probably still rather good at remaining out of sight, yes?"
_________________
"Great warrior? Ah! Wars not make one great!"
yinyang.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*She considers him as she finishes the last of her stew. He seems friendly enough.

Her mind clutters with many other meetings of friend and foe from the past, even on this very road. Her friends and enemies flash thru her mind. Laughter, love, war, and anguish. She closes her eyes a moment to stop the flood of memories. She looks back up at him, the firelight casting shadows over her face as she speaks. *

There are times when everyone must fade into the shadows and watch the world carefully. This is such a time for me Raisthenal.

Since the Great Battle of Chaos many of the lands heros have fallen or left our borders. There are very few of us left to watch over the people.

*She taps her spoon idly in her bowl and then places it on the ground, slightly upset and quite surprised that she is.*

I sense a change in the land and I am concerned. I am training, I don't think there will be much time. Soon enough the people will need all the heroes they can muster.

*She looks at him and then looks into the fire, wondering if he even knows the history of the Great Battle of Chaos.*

It's just this feeling that I have. I worry. If great evil was to return, I am afraid that we will be unable to stop it...
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer


Joined: 18 Dec 2002
Posts: 1837

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placing his bowl down in front of Dular, who starts lapping up the rest of the stew in it, Raisthenal shifts his weight into a more comfortable position.

"I also remember when this land was thrown into upheaval. The was indeed a terrible time, and I don't think anyone could have been prepared for it, no matter what. It was as if the Gods themselves decided to smite the land. But I don't think that is what is happening this time."

He takes a stick from the fire and pokes at it a bit.

"There is certainly a.....dread feeling in the air at times again. But I think that if there are enough who are willing to wait, watch, and strike at the right time, then whatever disaster approaches can be avoided, at least in part."

He looks back to her. Dular, finished with the stew, also looks up.

"As I said, I am a member of the Order of the Howling Wolf. We are protectors of the land, and the innocent. Unfortunately, there are very few of us now. Even our leader has had to leave to other lands. I fear that most of the strong folk of this land care little for protecting it, but I am always on the lookout for those who may wish to.....assist us, and.....join with us, possibly....."

Raising an eyebrow, and gives her slight grin. Then he casually turns his gaze back to the fire. Dular places his head on his paws and closes his eyes.
_________________
"Great warrior? Ah! Wars not make one great!"
yinyang.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*She smiles back at him and removes her cloak, spreading it on the ground and laying causally on it her head propped up on her hand. She looks at him for a time with a slight smile considering his words. *

Order of the Howling Wolf huh?

*looks over at Dular snoozing by the fire*

Never heard of them. Quite surprising I should think, I have been in these lands for many years. It sounds like a noble group, it is sad that your order has also been weakened as this evil draws near.

*As if in queue the wind picks up and whips the flames of the fire and the trees shake violently in the sudden wind. Mira looks around the clearing quickly. He sees suddenly that her katanas were just under the edge of her cape, the edge has been lifted and her fingers are wrapped tightly around the hilt of one. As the wind fades and the forest becomes silent again she removes her hand and flips the edge of her cape back over her weapons. She notices his gaze and smiles. *

I believe in being prepared. I have lived this long by being prepared.

*she pauses and considers him thoughtfully before continuing*

I have also survived by aligning myself with friends. Most of the friends that watched my back are gone...
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer


Joined: 18 Dec 2002
Posts: 1837

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah," Raisthenal says, leaning back on his hands and looking up into the sky. He then closes his eyes, but cocks his head to one side and sniffs the air once.

"I am careful about the close friends I keep. I enjoy being 'friendly', but I have had few actual close friends in my entire life."
"Once I make one, however, I consider them my friend for life. Indeed, even as a brother or sister to me."

He sits up again, then leans casually on one elbow towards her.

"You have probably not heard of my Order because we keep so much to the shadows. Not because we have something to hide, but because we are simply protectors, watchers."

"You wouldn't happen to be willing to travel with me for awhile perhaps? We could talk more then, and if you're interested in my Outfit...er, I mean, Order, you know..."
_________________
"Great warrior? Ah! Wars not make one great!"
yinyang.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
gaea106
Hero


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 633

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*She smiles widely and laughs, her laughter mixing with the wind and winding throught the trees.*

I like your outfit just fine.

*chuckles*

As for your Order... I would have to meet them.

*looks him over and ponders a moment with a smile*

I enjoy your company. We can travel together if you wish. Where are you headed?
_________________
Conrad Hollows wrote:
After reading what Gaea has had to say, I think I am in love. Hey Kindo, gimme one of your damn hearts. Heh. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer


Joined: 18 Dec 2002
Posts: 1837

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, I like to protect the Southern shores from the likes of the Bugbears and Kuo-Toa usually, but more and more recently there have been many strange goings-on near the Tomb of Glorin the Wretched. I feel the Undead are abominations of Nature, and I wish to give them a final resting place. I also have a great dislike for Giantkind, because of..."

He pauses, looking down at the ground. Running a hand through his hair, he sighs heavily.

"My parents were killed by an Ogre and his band of toady Goblins. One reason I came to this island was because I'd heard that there were many Ogres and Trolls and other Giants infesting it, and I hope to find my parents' killer, and avenge them. But of course, most of the Giant-kin you come accross are not eager to sit down and talk, let alone divulge any information of their kind."

He chuckles lightly. "I guess that I could hope that my parents' bane at least met a gruesome end at the hands of the Ogre Eater that inhabits the woods East of here, but I would like to spill it's blood myself. But for now, the trail has led me to those Crypts I mentioned. They are a most foul place, and I do not like venturing into them, but there are many strange writings down there. I'm hoping that maybe the Undead will hold a clue for me, if not at least strengthen my skills for when I find my parents' killer."

"Will you come with me now? Or shall we meet thither soon? I look forward to seeing how you handle a sword..."

Unslinging his bow, he turns, and in a blur, lets fly an arrow from his quiver. It finds it's mark directly in the center of a tree about 50 yards distant. The entire motion takes not even a second.

"You can see that I, also, can be quick and deadly when necessary. If you examine closer the shot I just made, I think you'll find a leaf that was falling from that tree pierced now to it's trunk. And not by just a single arrow - but by two."
_________________
"Great warrior? Ah! Wars not make one great!"
yinyang.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group