DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BOOTED??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Berellmir
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 11 / 16 EXP: 11 / 16 EXP: 11 / 16
 68%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: BOOTED?? Reply with quote

Dear Lord..
I have hereby commited a crime..I am sorry..

Amen

Heres tha case..
Tha Goblin tribe was in Kravenwood..I have had several problems with em before, they keep robbin my friends, and did this time too..I was standing in the behind, hiding in shadows to watch my friend Uda (who is also a gobly, but a good one), and she and her friend got robbed from the Goblys.. They started figthing (i was now visible), and i said stop figthing to em.. They wouldnt , they where 2 against 1, Hati and Frudo, so i decided to help, stand in between..Unfortunatly that ended in hatis death..I appologize, didnt mean to do that (i said sorry too), but they wouldnt stop, now jibi and Frudo kept attacking Uda..and Frudo was smacked to..Im sorry again..It wont happen again..

But will I ever be part of Dyso again??? plz...it was all a stupid mistake..and we where rp'ing in my opinion.!!

Hear my case..!!!

FLAMMAGRAAAA!!!!!!
GorbGuy
PostFri 05/16/03 8:11pm
Sounds like you were nailed by the automagic PK tracker. Hmm, the goblin clan. I've been hearing a bit about them. Send me a PM.  Reply with quote

Berellmir
PostFri 05/16/03 8:19pm
oh, how long is that gonna take to fix..?
i was hopin to get on there and get wild soon...

Berellmir
PostFri 05/16/03 8:20pm
oh by the way..i really luuuv the goblys..they are SOOO much fun OOC, but Bere is kinda angry with em..  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must have been a horrifying experience, I feel for you, have a heart and it'll be all better.

emot-heartbeat.gif
Berellmir
PostFri 05/16/03 8:24pm
thank ye jon icon_razz.gif  Reply with quote

Jase
PostFri 05/16/03 9:00pm
heartarrow.gif  Reply with quote

Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the questions are

1) what were they stealling
ie: small crap or nice item
2) haw heavyly were they stealling
ie: one item each or 36 item
Quote:
Uda (who is also a gobly, but a good one),

ROFL

good as is good looking ? icon_lol.gif
good as in Chaotic Evil ? *wink*

Last edited by Y on Sat May 17, 2003 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total
Berellmir
Adept

XP
 68%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they threatned to KILL if the PC didn't give all gold to them...

and they go PP all the time..prolly some nice items sometimes i dont know..it doesnt matter..in some countries you get your hand chopped no matter what you steal, i dont know how dyso looks on this...

How does dyso look on this??????
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this would fall under the tax rule. Asking all money or die is NOT within the usuall limits. Finding them doing that again will get them banned. The CROE states an obvious limit. Also on the pp issue. One durable item and then quit and move on. No effortless targets for either pp or taxing. No taxing in or just outside city limits.
View users profile Send private message
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive paid em they did the RP part well they asked for 1000 gp to pass but seemed open to negotition in case of hardship.Never saw them asking anyone for all their money.As long as stays within bounds of sense see no problem.Thieves are always a pain but thet do there thieving bit well from the little ive seen.A world has thieves and theres is a dangerous proffesion with short life span usually.they seem to accept these risks and aint seen then screaming about being killed..as they have a few times.Personally think there doing an unpopular job rather well and far far better than the PP for profit crowd in Kraven.Who usually RP very little steal and run.Give the Goblins credit they put on a good show.........
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Give the Goblins credit they put on a good show.........

Or, punish them for breaking the rules. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come across them too and killed them because they killed my lowly friend ((he was level 3))

We had arguements about who's Roleplay was bad and threats of reporting to DM's but maturity in the end cleared the situation. These Goblins are just roleplaying and unless you detect them PP'ing you can't say or do anything.

As for the taxes, I didn't pay for 3 reasons..

1. No money to give them
2. I don't fear little Goblins, so if they want my money they can fight me for it
3. They claimed the land was theirs, being a Druid I'd have to tell them that they don't and fight for natures rights..

As for PP'ing though, if they only do it once per character it's ok but if they do it really often it's wrong and they should be done. I have over 1k stolen from me so I can only assume they PP'ed me a few times, which isn't right.

So Gobbies, if you're reading this. Only ONE of you PP a character ONCE, then it's all fair.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostSat 05/17/03 3:24pm
Just because they try to roleplay a monster, doesn't mean the rules don't apply to them too.  Reply with quote

Berellmir
Adept

XP
 68%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, they put up a good show, and I think its fun, but they do did cross tha limit..

And here is another issue 'bout them..AFter i had killed em, and then raised em, after saying sorry, they just woudd'nt give up..They kept bashing Uda, and she died..That is bad i think..If they die, dont rez em (or let em do it themself..), they will not stop, i heard several peps complaining 'bout this..

Till then....BUUUUUURN
Ng'ree
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14
 85%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are role playing a monster (I'd say no they are role playing a lesser imtelligence creature and act as such)...none of them are really high level.....their main point of contention is that the humans stole the grassy lands and that they are going to take it back...they want to get rid of the cities....I saw comments from ppl saying their are gobs we'll kill them on sight....If they ask for money I'd say that ICyou have 2 choices 1-pay/negociate down 2- don't pay if you get attacked then defend yurself.

Not only paladins or good creatures are worth playing..a lot of us have problems dealing with Evil or Chars that are different they are not running the place trying to kill lower lvl ppl or ganging on 1 or 2 Higher lvl ppl.

Jibi is a personal friend of mine IRL and he has more RP exp than most of us he is not in dyso to powergame but to have some RP fun.....Don't ban them because they are borderline on the rules just deal with them IC (may involve killing 3 or 4 of them) and unless they complain for the consequenses of their actions enjoy their play.
They are not in thew Xs style they have a common thread.

I have thought starting a Gobo char I think it may be more fun than a plain evil char (may even be easier to RP I'd admit)

Gnobi Chaos Moon Clan
Stupidest Gobo on Dyso
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody mentioned banning yet, just the general warning to everyone. Evil is part of Dysotopia. About the rezzing and being attacked afterwards, as long as you dont ask them OOC first if they want to be raised so they can move someplace else and THEN they attack you i'd say they're still IC. Not everyone is appreciative of good deeds. For the goblins I'd say just read over the CROE, the general guidelines for thievery and stuff, other than that just have fun and try not to bleed on the carpet everyone.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Falk ... in total agreement. PvP sort of things are part of the game ... the trick is keeping it "in line" so that folks can still have some fun without it always being a PvPfest.
Berellmir
Adept

XP
 68%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya..I definetely dont want em banned ..I have lots o fun with em..And everytime they see me they say Bere....hehe

It was kinda fun, they are defending their grasslands, while we halflings defend our halfling turf..So i ended up taxing them..(but they wouldn't pay of course, and refused to go too, they just ran away to a different place in the path..i didn care..)

anyways, we dn't want em banned, they are a part o dyso..BUt still they are monsters, i mean Goblins ...and they play good RP..but being a Gobly means ye have to face tha consequences, goblins have raped women pillaged cities for ages, and for that they have a bad reputation..They have to live with that.. icon_twisted.gif

Till then...
Zedium
PostMon 05/19/03 7:08am
Ugh, thanks for the mental immage of a goblin raping a human woman, NOT, god, some people are so perverted.  Reply with quote

dreamin'
PostMon 05/19/03 11:04am
Zedium, where do you think half-orcs come from? It's not the bees and flowers stuff...  Reply with quote

Berellmir
PostMon 05/19/03 9:30pm
hehe i dunno Brynn..How does tha tallies do it?  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: