DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A little bit of nothing...

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: A little bit of nothing... Reply with quote

A warm night wind blew across Elriina. Beside the docks, near the line that divided land and sea, Raven stood motionlessly. Despite the time being near midnight, the markets were still crowded with traders from around Dysotopia. The gem collector, Boim , was swarmed with requests, as he tries to pick out the best and most valuable ones. For less than a second, Boim looked up from his table, which had gems places all across, to Raven, whom returned his gaze, and nodded. Boim tilted his head up slightly, as though to return his salute. Raven turned around and lit a pipe.

Soon enough, the crowds dispersed, and the market became ereely hollow. A man, face hidden by a cloak, stepped behind Raven and made a small coughing sound.

"You're three hours late," was the greeting give by Raven.

"I had to make a detour, I thought I had a tail."

Raven turned, a serious look on his face. "Do you still?" he asked.

"Only the most trained ranger would be able to reproduce the route I took."

"Good. Do you have your report?"

The man handed Raven a sealed envelope.

"It's trapped, as usual. You know what to do with it."

Raven eyed the envelope, then the shadow in front of him.

"Averus, this might decide the life or death of a man. You had better not be mistaken."

"I saw what happened with my own eyes. If I am wrong, then this is some kind of an elaborate trap. From what I can gather, our construction material is being held at the docks because the king's advisers are being --"

Suddenly, a night patrol came into view. Raven casually turned around, and smoked his pipe. When he turns back, agent Exaltava would be gone, leaving him to wonder if the government is really all that legitimate. He finished the rest of his tabacco and turned to leave, with the envelope securely pocketed, and tried to keep this little bit of nothing that never happened out of his mind. After all, he didn't know anything.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next evening was hot, and everyone was outside trying to catch some breeze. Around the market, people sat on the grass, on benches, beside the ocean -- some even jumped in for a quick swim -- and simply tried to cool themselves. The heat wave was almost unbearable.

Raven was walking slowly around the market, sometimes stopping to say a few words to people who greeted him. He made a few passes beside a tree that was planted near the market and, on his last, decided to sit. He lit a pipe, and smoked casually. The winds were picking up speed, tonight would be a stormy night.

A few minutes later, he stood, and in his palm was a piece of paper, still partially covered with dirt. He walked to the edge of the docks, facing the seas, and conjured a small latern archon. Its light would allow him to read what was written on the paper:

"There is a second bidder. One of the advisors is going to Kravenwood for a face-to-face meeting with the first bidder to negotiate. Suggest to proceed."

With a small magical fire, the paper was distroyed. Its ashes were thrown into the sea. He would contact Caranthir, and hopefully expose the truth about the Crown's advisors.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Nikina
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikina Goldentouch passes by with a letter in hand. She drops it next to Raven's foot and continues going her way. She then whispers in the wind "I hope this matter will be attended to. *Nikina giggles as she enters Eleriina's inn*
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: