DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Academy of Philosophy and War

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: The Academy of Philosophy and War Reply with quote

I am pleased to announce that a the merger between Clockworks and Brethern of the Hunt is successful. The compromise we've sought is for us to create a school. Hopefully, the actual structure will be erected soon in the eastern plains.

This school's purpose is twofold. One, we would be creating the first school (in my knowledge) of Dysotopia. People of any trade could come and share their experience or learn from others. Scholars and philosophers would have a safe heaven to discuss matters. People with talent in magicks could come and discuss theories, practice their skills or meditate in peace. Warriors can tell others tales of their adventure, practice on dummies, etc.

Caranthir will elaborate more on the second purpose.

Members:

Myself
Vaerus Exaltava
Karst Wolfskin
Nikina Goldentouch
Lesthate
Caranthir Thargelion
Akurohan
Delandel Amana
Tiam'Li
Essex

Last edited by Raven on Sat May 17, 2003 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
Uin
PostFri 05/16/03 12:59pm
Poll options edited to be fair.  Reply with quote

Nemor
PostFri 05/16/03 4:20pm
Are there openings to get into this guild?  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin wrote:
Poll options edited to be fair.

Godamnit Uin, that was not a serious poll.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemor wrote:
Are there openings to get into this guild?

Yes, hopefully, as soon as the building is done, we will start accepting members.
Thargelion
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 11 / 11 EXP: 11 / 11 EXP: 11 / 11
 100%
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask that you refer to the earlier discussions of the Eastern Plains project (IC forum).

Some time ago myself and several like-minded adventurers thought that the wilds of the land route between Butterfly Fields and Eleriina were so fraught with peril that some active measures must be undertaken to combat this. The concept... a small company of armed troops who would be based in the Eastern Plains. Once Raven and I sat down with our respective ideas we felt that this proposal could indeed become a reality should we work together. The result.. A Northern Hall in the Eastern Plains that would act as a research facility for the Clockwork, a base for the Brethren and a safe refuge for the weary traveller. The result was a merger of plans which will see the fusion of our ideas. The Academy of Philosophy and War is the result. Not your ordinary accredited post-secondary educational facility.. nor really a school at all... but a place of rest and contemplation. Those who desire to enlist in the Brethren and serve as soldiers in the struggle to keep the passes clear ((military rank structure.. so obviously lawful alignments are favoured.. although exceptions may prove themselves through noble and heroic deeds)) are welcome to approach myself (or Raven for that matter) and announce their intentions. The final part of this plan is that these Northern Halls shall serve as a cultural and intellectual venue for contemplation of issues both political and philosophical and for artistic pursuits. Of course these are general plans and the specific Guild details shall be posted over the next few days. Those who wish to be affiliated with the academic or artisitic applications of this project without serving in the ranks or as researchers are welcome to cooperate. If you have any interest or further ideas... find Raven or myself.

Your Humble Servant ,
Caranthir Thargelion
Badfinger
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, me Mezzuki Hashimato was a Samurai in her homeland and I know about fighting and I'm still in serach for a group, where I can train further and get better with my double katana fight style. I'n my hoemland far in the east I was a samurai and in deed for the hioly emperor, as my father and my brothers too. I ffight with my heart, I like to stand up for others and help and I also like this new home I found, that I would like to help. I like to wander through the vast nature of this isle, but still I haven't found my real destiny.

I'm still a young blood (Fighter7/Rouge1), but guess I have the right heart and mind for that.
Raven
PostMon 05/19/03 1:32pm
We would welcome anyway who is willing to learn and teach, no matter the age, season or training.  Reply with quote

Badfinger
PostMon 05/19/03 2:49pm
Well then I will try to find you in Eleriia ...  Reply with quote

Raven
PostFri 05/23/03 8:47pm
Please delete or discard this post. The offcial post is now up.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: