DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Urgent message to Caranthir

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Urgent message to Caranthir Reply with quote

*A horse rider speeds to Caranthir, and hands him this letter, which envolope is sealed with the stamp of Clockworks.*

Caranthir,

Whatever you've plotted with Xavier has produced some results. Unfortunately, you weren't present when this happened, and I was invited to a meeting with Xavier and Spears in Kravenwood. Spears is dead, as promised by Xavier -- or so he tells me. However, I suspect double-crossing on Xavier's part. I have intercepted a telepathic message from Xavier to Spears as he was supposetely "killed." Is he dead for sure we may not know for some time, but I doubt it is true. Observe.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/album_view.php?id=742

What I had expected ealier is proven to be true. Proceed with extreme caution. Allow me to remind you that I have recommended strongly against this operation since start. I have ordered all agents to begin a preliminary surveillance of suspected organizations. Our infiltrator has obtained some information which I will discuss with you in person.

Raven
View users profile Send private message Send email
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Out Of Character: Alright, I really didn't want to make a comment on this, but that tell was basically out of character to effect in character.

So Raven, there's a huge problem in using that against me.

Also, how can a telepathic message be used at the end of an "observe" statement? It can't. That picture cannot exist for in character purpose, even if it was an in character tell. So get explaining and maybe i'll settle for making the tell IC for the good of "entertaining the population," as you so stated.

Second, I want to comment that Raven was one of the ones to hire me for the assassination. Gee, would'ya'o'thunk? Good old Raven hiring dirty old Xavier to take down William Spears.

Anyways, that's all. I would make an In Character comment, but it's a message on horseback, so I really cannot. ))
View users profile Send private message
Spears
PostTue 05/27/03 2:58am
(( I would agree- hard to talk like such IC when I'm dead. Pardon that vulgarity, that was meant for Xavier in a tell ooc ))  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Well, I've also asked you about this OOC in game. Your reply was "You think too low of me". Guess it really seem to be your character's way of doing things. As for the screen, there are many ways we can interprete a picture on the forums. I am a wizard, I might be able to freeze a certain lapse of time in a continuous loop and store it somewhere and deliver it to Caranthir. A la Harry Potter.

And I didn't hire you to assassinate Spears. I hired you to bring him to trial. When Caranthir found out about it, he took over and asked for assassination, which Raven does not know about, because I walked out. The good'ol Raven didn't get his hands dirty.))
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Uh-huh .. so about that you thinking too low of me. True or not true, now?

And the second thing you said, is just what I needed to hear. ))
Thargelion
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 11 / 11 EXP: 11 / 11 EXP: 11 / 11
 100%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a scurry of feet and the rustling of ropes being readied. A gruff longshoreman mumbles, "Does he know yet, I wonder?"

"No way to tell. Look at 'im, 'e looks like 'e 'as seen a ghost. I wonder if it had anything to do with that strange looking elf who arrived yesterday?" The other replied.

"No good will come of any of this, especially once the Crown gets word of it. No stock in 'em spellcasters, nor any man who does not earn his bread without a bit o' work n' sweat."

Caranthir, former Lord of Thargelion, steps off the prow of the sleek elvish vessel bearing the banner of Fair Thargelion. A young herald approaches him, stands to attention and brings his sword up swiftly, executing a stiff salute.

"My Lord, Spears has been... he has.."

"Out with it soldier. I have urgent business regarding my brother."

"Yes Sir! Spears has been slain. Killed through some dark wizardry."

"Killed? That is impossible! He must stand for trial soon, we have witnesses and proof. He must not be allowed to escape so easily!"

"That damn squire! His thirst for vengea-

"No sir! He is not to blame, I fear it was an.. an.. outside job, sir."

"It bloody well has to be. I spoke with a representative of one of the.. shadowy guilds. His mission was purely reconaissance and had nothing to do with Spears or the trial.

"The mage sir, the Dark One. They say that you.. that you have hired him."

"Impossible. I asked Raven to leave only because the two of them cannot stand to close to each other without my hair standing on end for all their elemental manipulation. There was no discussion about a bounty but rather an exposure."

"Of course sir, every citizen knows that Spears head would have been forfeit once the guilty verdict was made by the Courts. Hiring a killer would make no sense... especially not when the Courts were going to do it for free"

"Herald. Report back to the ship. Inform them to put back to sea. I must sort this rubbish out in person. Dismissed." The Herald quickly saluted again before crossing the gangplank to the white ship. Caranthir watched as it moved towards the horizon, the standard lowering with the sun. He said to quiet sea, "A bloody mess this is indeed, a bloody mess this is."

Last edited by Thargelion on Tue May 27, 2003 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total
Thargelion
Adept

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A horseman rides towards a mage standing before a vast gorge, far to the west of Eleriina.

The cloaked figure utters words in an indecipherable tongue, before calling out. "Rider, return to the Thargelion. If it was not he who paid this blood money... then who was it?"

Without having a chance to open his mouth, the horseman turns his steed around and asks to the sky why he was sent to find this mage at all. Riding hard for a few minutes and out of sight of the mage, he sits and thinks to himself, "There is something more to these mages, something dark. Spears has many foes, perhaps he found one with less patience than the Thargelion."
Thargelion
Adept

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((ooc... think people... Caranthir has resisted the path of revenge (although it hurts him to do so). Why would anyone hire a killer BEFORE a trial where they were certain that the accused was GUILTY and had a neutral WITNESS? If this was the day after the trial or Spears was let off the hook... he might be a suspect. Think logically.))
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((ooc- Thargelion, Raven never should have posted this topic in my opinion. How could he possibly have intercepted a "telepathic message" when none even occured? Furthermore, how did Raven the player even know the "tell" was meant for Spears and not someone else? Raven himself admits that they discussed this matter OOC. It should stay that way as much as one is able to keep it that way.))

((ooc- one more thing... I had prepared an IC post for this thread (my character gets around, as you know). But it just does not seem appropriate given the means by which Raven the player obtained this information and chose to unilaterally RP the 'interception of a "telepathic message" from Xavier to Spears' corpse.' All things considered, it just doesn't seem like good form to post to this IC (IMO, you are exonerated since it put you in a tight spot). But, if Raven fails to rescind this topic...))
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((TELL in a sense is a focused direct telepatic message for mages. But after Xavier killed Spears, at the heat of the moment, he isn't as concentrated and a part of it was broadcast everywhere. This is the IC explainnation))

((Allow me to remind you that in my message, I have never said Caranthir HIRED Xavier to assassinate anyone. They plotted something, and since Xavier KILLED spears in front of me, I ASSUME that it was assassination. Xavier took the initiative, therefore he is responsable for Spear's death and this mess. Also, IC, this is a private message to Caranthir, so if anyone "knows" this IC in game then something's wrong...)
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Also, this might be a misunderstanding between Caranthir and I. Because I said "I want no part in this if this is an assassination," Then Caranthir asked me to leave, so I presumed it was an assassination. Nevertheless, this is easily fixed in game and in character.))
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Raven, I fully disagree with your use of "tells." If they are magic, then how is it that non-mage classes use them as well? This has long been a source of contention between PLAYERS. Bioware did not make it a magic ability... otherwise there would be a roll for failure. Not everyone treats them the same. I have played with Grusk and Thargelion on several occassions and we have used tells as OOC only. I suspect Grusk requested that you keep that misdirected tell as OOC because that is how he plays. It seems that you cannot be mature enough to respect his use of tells (it was HIS tell, no?). I have one question for you, Raven... how do you handle other misdirected tells that you get??? Also, do not forget that Caranthir had an audible discussion with the mesenger. Just how far do you want to stretch the limits of RP? Only so far as it all remains in your favor, I suspect.))

((edit: Okay, a second question for you Raven... Have YOU ever used tells OOC? Somehow I sense that you are taking advantage of a misdirected OOC tell and using for it an IC advantage... poor form! Will you persist with this or will you rescind this topic and the "telepathic" message sent to Caranthir?))

Last edited by not_so_unique on Tue May 27, 2003 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Here, I'll try a different approach. Maybe you can follow this one a little better...

Raven wrote:
(( Well, I've also asked you about this OOC in game.

Then keep it OOC!

Raven wrote:

As for the screen, there are many ways we can interprete a picture on the forums. I am a wizard, I might be able to freeze a certain lapse of time in a continuous loop and store it somewhere and deliver it to Caranthir. A la Harry Potter.

LMAO!!! This is not Harry Potter... it is NWN!!! How old are you, anyway?

Raven wrote:

And I didn't hire you to assassinate Spears. I hired you to bring him to trial. When Caranthir found out about it, he took over and asked for assassination, which Raven does not know about, because I walked out. The good'ol Raven didn't get his hands dirty.))

You can understand how your statement is misleading, no? Obviousely Thargelion interpreted this statement the same way I did, judging from his character's response.))
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( I dont want to be the stupid person, but isn't this the IC forum? There's a flaming forum for flaming and ranting... perhaps a moderator can remove the ooc posts or place this in somewhere else.... ))
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Yes... but what we have here is a misdirected OOC tell that is being used IC. I am trying to get this revised (mu character has an interest in this and I would like to post IC... but the original author refuses to revise.))

Last edited by not_so_unique on Tue May 27, 2003 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: Raven is right tell can be interpreted the wrong way, which is exactly what he did. It would have been raven who interpreted the tell wrong as he was not the author. If the author says it was ooc, then it was.

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that message was clearly directed to me- but how can I recieve such a message when I'm already dead? If you notice, the tell came after 'William, William" which is what he said after I had died. Unless you can send telepathic messages to the underworld , that just shows that it IS ooc.

Secondly Raven mentioned to me IC that Caranthir was behind this- if he wants to play this game- we can flip the switch. If Xavier and I were there, both of us can testify that Raven did it. Because IC he is falsely accusing Caranthir, Caranthir will testify against him also.

Before this, he was sending me IC tells (telepathic which I agreed to play along with) about how there was a large sum of money on my head, and that I was going to die soon.

IC its obviously Raven- he has motive, and he has pretty much proven himself guilty.

My point? Let it go - ooc anyway. I'll crucify him in-game. (No offense Raven)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palladium wrote:
Secondly Raven mentioned to me IC that Caranthir was behind this- if he wants to play this game- we can flip the switch. If Xavier and I were there, both of us can testify that Raven did it. Because IC he is falsely accusing Caranthir, Caranthir will testify against him also.

IC its obviously Raven- he has motive, and he has pretty much proven himself guilty.

I'll crucify him in-game. (No offense Raven)

Ok these statements have problems. First, I did not ACCUSE Caranthir. It is absolutely true that Caranthir hired Xavier even as a part of our guild, according to Xavier, so that he may capture Spears. Therefore, Caranthir is involved in it. And testify that I did what?

Guilty of what?

Hope you can really succeed to crucify me in game.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not_so_unique wrote:
((Here, I'll try a different approach. Maybe you can follow this one a little better...

Raven wrote:
(( Well, I've also asked you about this OOC in game.

1 Then keep it OOC!
Raven wrote:

As for the screen, there are many ways we can interprete a picture on

the forums. I am a wizard, I might be able to freeze a certain lapse of time in a continuous loop and store it somewhere and deliver it to Caranthir. A la Harry Potter.

2 LMAO!!! This is not Harry Potter... it is NWN!!! How old are you, anyway?

Raven wrote:

3 You can understand how your statement is misleading, no? Obviousely Thargelion interpreted this statement the same way I did, judging from his character's response.))

1. I've asked him about it OOC and IC.

2. Harry Potter, NWN, LOTR, Star Wars, The Matrix, what's the difference? What does how old I am have to do with anything? How old are YOU to use age as a way of discrimination?

3. My statement is misleading to you and to you only because you have no idea what's going on.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not_so_unique wrote:
((Raven, I fully disagree with your use of "tells." If they are magic, then how is it that non-mage classes use them as well? This has long been a source of contention between PLAYERS. Bioware did not make it a magic ability... otherwise there would be a roll for failure.

Do you know how much of the RP elements that are NOT implemented in game? Learning spells through scrolls also has a roll for failure, but where's that?

Quote:
Not everyone treats them the same. I have played with Grusk and Thargelion on several occassions and we have used tells as OOC only. I suspect Grusk requested that you keep that misdirected tell as OOC because that is how he plays. It seems that you cannot be mature enough to respect his use of tells (it was HIS tell, no?). I have one question for you, Raven... how do you handle other misdirected tells that you get??? Also, do not forget that Caranthir had an audible discussion with the mesenger. Just how far do you want to stretch the limits of RP? Only so far as it all remains in your favor, I suspect.))

Just because YOU use tells as OOC does it mean that I have to? What are you, God? I am not mature enough to respect his use of tells? What gives you the right to judge me in any way? Who said he asked asked me to keep his misdirected tells as OOC? Who said I cannot use his errors to my advantage? This is not a god damn cooperative game.

I will handle the misdirected tells as requrested, and so far I haven't been told to keep any tells from Grusk as OOC. Because I've spoken to him OOC about it and IC about it, this is a backstab to us OOC and IC.

Quote:
((edit: Okay, a second question for you Raven... Have YOU ever used tells OOC? Somehow I sense that you are taking advantage of a misdirected OOC tell and using for it an IC advantage... poor form! Will you persist with this or will you rescind this topic and the "telepathic" message sent to Caranthir?))

What telepathic message sent to Caranthir?

I use tells in OOC by indicating clearly that they are OOC or use them between parantheses. I am using this misdirected TELL, ooc or not, to my IC and OOC advantage.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, not so unique is involving in the business which should be kept to be resolved by those are actually involved in it. Do the words IC FORUM mean anything to you? You shouldn't even be reading this! And if you did, you should pretend that you haven't.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
This is not a god damn cooperative game.

lol, your helarious, a game with parties of ppl, share skill to complete a goal. Not co-op at all. icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
PostTue 05/27/03 9:17pm
Not a cooperative game that I am playing with Xavier.  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
PostTue 05/27/03 9:32pm
((My apology for being too harsh, Raven. Let's go PM with this.))  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC- personally I really dislike tells being considered at all as IC ... the whole telepathy bit just makes me ill. Tells, to me, are a way for players to talk to each other sorta "off the record" so everyone is on the same page and prevent hard feelings about things.

IC- Conrad has heard of the the apparently contract hit on Spears and immediately wonders whether the investigation and trial preperations should thus be brought to a halt. He knows Caranthir was given explicit instructions not to exact revenge and to allow the wheels of justice to turn as they might ... and he finds it troublesome to think that Caranthir might have decided to ignore that advice for a more "expedient" form of retribution. For the time being, however, the investigation will continue ... under the presumption that this murder of a suspected murderer was conducted by outside sources.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: