DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Something has to be done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Something has to be done Reply with quote

Well...yesterday was pretty fun.The gloth shop opened in sylvandale again and there were somehting over 35 players online.

Well..then we all come to sell our gems.Luckily i get pretty quickly inline and get to go second.the thanks to my keyboard going nuts i started walking backwasrds and left boim (that has nothing to do with anything)

but the thing is.Almost every single person on dyso in line to sell gems were acting like barbarians.i mean i don't think anyone said anything that was ic.
people were casting spells,bumping in to people,pushing around...strait out acting like savages.Even people who i've known to be good rp'ers were acing really lame just to buy some stuff.

so what i beg of you.pleeeaaaase do the thing with the "sell all gems" button..

ohh and i'd like to give some credit to the following poeple who were the only ones who didn't push around and act like morons. that was Nilas,Krys and Pete (even though raven accused him of making Boim drink so that he lost his spot)
Sep
PostThu 05/29/03 2:44pm
All I did was keep people entertained with my Song...I waited my turn.

-- Sajin

Jilessa
PostThu 05/29/03 7:14pm
i forgot you...sorry.you were also patient  Reply with quote

Sep
PostThu 05/29/03 7:16pm
How could you forget me? Im the prettiest man around, and a voice to match!  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we all agreed to stay OOC during selling. I knew as soon as people became impetient, some are bound to start saying non-related things.

I rather enjoyed that canadian national anthem.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Jeez i never knew a 20 dice had that many one's...

LOL!@@!@!@! funny sig, i like it,

about the gems thing, i do find it tedious, (ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS LAGGED) to sell gems by the stack, one row at a time, how about a sell all gems button? that'd speed things up i would think, i like the general concept.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "Sell All Gems" option has been mentioned before, and yes it is an incredibly good idea. I hope they do it, but I think it would require a loooong line of script. I dunno. OOG not know programming much.

"I am just a simple caveman..." - Phil Hartman
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Spears
PostThu 05/29/03 7:33pm
I was the first to get to Boim yesterday, and I didn't notice all the pushing- crowding around Boim, maybe, but nothing displaying impatience.  Reply with quote

Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know much about scripting, but if it can read thru the inventory and list all the gems you have it shouldnt be too hard to batch all the transactions under one command.
Raven
PostThu 05/29/03 7:35pm
It's true, the only one that was "impatient" to the eye was... I forgot his name. That guy who taunted everyone to duel him, you know.  Reply with quote

Sep
PostThu 05/29/03 7:37pm
There was one bloke who cut in line. I didnt recognize him.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it worked just fine the way it went, and that was the idea ...

Put part of the "gloth inventory" (levels 15-18 or so) into a vendor for sale and then watch the lemmings flock to look at what is for sale and then flock for the money and then flock.

Definitely paid off for those who take the risk to walk around with a decent amount of cash on them ... also definitely paid off for the people who actually know where the vendors are by name. Everyone else caught up in the middle of it, it was probably very frustrating and annoying ... and guess what, just like a great sale at some store, that was the point. If it's going to be made "that easy" for folks ... there still has to be a catch ... and that was the catch ... the anticipated bottleneck at Boim as everyone tried to cash in their gems.

Falk and I had a good laugh, I have to admit. icon_mrgreen.gif
not_so_unique
PostThu 05/29/03 11:07pm
Conrad, you are discretely evil! ha, ha! Wish I could of witnessed that! Oh well, work takes priority.  Reply with quote

Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

A sale? And I missed it? Oh dear! I hope you all had fun SHOPPING!

Tae icon_razz.gif
Gorpie
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969 wrote:
A "Sell All Gems" option has been mentioned before, and yes it is an incredibly good idea. I hope they do it, but I think it would require a loooong line of script. I dunno. OOG not know programming much.

Well if it does involve a long line of script or is hard to implement they could always just add another gems dealer who works alongside Boim because she can obviously not buy gems quick enough icon_biggrin.gif

:Gorpie:
View users profile Send private message
Uin
PostFri 05/30/03 7:42am
While were at it, the boim text could be made private so it doesn't spam everyones chat windows.  Reply with quote

Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows wrote:
I think it worked just fine the way it went, and that was the idea ...

Put part of the "gloth inventory" (levels 15-18 or so) into a vendor for sale and then watch the lemmings flock to look at what is for sale and then flock for the money and then flock.

Definitely paid off for those who take the risk to walk around with a decent amount of cash on them ... also definitely paid off for the people who actually know where the vendors are by name. Everyone else caught up in the middle of it, it was probably very frustrating and annoying ... and guess what, just like a great sale at some store, that was the point. If it's going to be made "that easy" for folks ... there still has to be a catch ... and that was the catch ... the anticipated bottleneck at Boim as everyone tried to cash in their gems.

Falk and I had a good laugh, I have to admit. icon_mrgreen.gif

Did you have a good laugh at the lower level people who just wanted to sell a few gems to afford cure potions? Yeah look at them, waiting in line for everyone to sell off 50 fire opals and 100 sapphires so they can sell their 2 topaz's and 8 fluorspars. I assure you I, a pure bard at level 12, had no intention whatsoever to buy uber swords of kickass +9 and shields of the brick wall +8. Yet I was a victim of the "lemming race" as you say. Dont get me wrong, I wasn't too pissed. I stayed IC the whole time singing my bard song to keep people entertained while making comments about how much gold that gem seller had on hand (almost a million).
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Yes, methinks Boim needs a bodyguard hanging around, lest she find herself rolled in an alley after a long day like that.

And I like Gorpie's idea about the effects of Supply and Demand. In this case, the supply of quick gold for gems not meeting the demand for it, thus giving way to another gem buyer nearby. icon_lol.gif

And and Uin points out, transactions with Boim should indeed somehow be of a personal nature. And not just because of the bloody dialogue box spam. But what about someone like Alizee hanging out nearby waiting to follow someone into the wild who just exclaimed to Boim that they'd like to sell 10 Fire Opals, etc.? ( icon_wink.gif Alizee) But I don't know if that's possible to script, is it?
Conrad Hollows
PostFri 05/30/03 9:48pm
Sep, cry my a river ... it's a game ... icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baah!! i tell ya if i woulda had tha Gold at that time...i woulda started offering people to pay 3/4th tha price of Boim for their Gems but guarunteed a speedy cash in.... icon_cry.gif
View users profile Send private message
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care about the uber mods the items have, I just want a look that suits me. Something white... But not the white archmagi robe. I don't like those pointy shoulder things.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows wrote:
Sep, cry my a river ... it's a game ... icon_smile.gif

And I always treat it as such. Im grateful for all who contribute to my gaming experience. I never post rants or bitch about getting killed and losing XP or whatever. I think I was the only one who stayed IC the whole time during the gem rush. Dyso is a drug of choice for me and I enjoy every minute of it. I dont care about getting the best crap or hitting level 20. Im just a fun loving, pretty Halfling.
Conrad Hollows
PostSat 05/31/03 10:44pm
Great, that's excellent ... so then don't fret over logjams at Boim or whatever.  Reply with quote

Nilas
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jilessa, While I have a near infinite supply of patience, it sometimes is my downfall. Seems waiting to sell all those gems cost me a sword I wanted to get for someone. Eh well, there is always next time. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the problem is with fretting over logjams at Boim. Jesus H. Christiansen in a chariot-driven sidecar. Not everyone has the time to wait for everyone else to get done, especially when it's a chaotic pushing-around like a bunch of hyenas around the first carcass they've seen in a week. And I'm especially glad that people got peeved enough to bitch about it if the Gods were just sitting back laughing at everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: