DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia: The rebirth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nikina
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Dysotopia: The rebirth Reply with quote

Ok lets start like this, Dysotopia: The rebirth is a really really good idea.. but it might be a little too late... If I read correctly it won't be out until next year, now thinking to myself I think that NWN will come to an end one day or another.... The things that will keep NWN are the expansions, but if Dyso doesn't upgrade to them I am afraid people will move on. Dysotopia 3.x is not even finished and rebirth is being worked on, now what that means is that more work is being put into rebirth and less into the server we play on. What does that mean? Less updates, less new lands, less new items, less fixes, less cool stuff. I hope that rebirth will be done but I think it would be fun to have a team work on rebirth and one on Dyso 3.x, come on Bri, get a team of devs or something...
Am I a bit right or do I really make no sense? Please coment!
View users profile Send private message
Shin2k
PostFri 05/30/03 4:44am
I think the best way would be to release it beta and just keep working on it and reguraly update them  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 05/30/03 9:31am
Yup. I have to agree with you there Shin. It will be too late for the Rebirth if it comes out that late.  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its dead anyway I think or near enough. Look how enthusiastic Gesh was at the start of Rebirth, you look at the average number of posts since he started working in the Rebirth forums. Around 1 a day with new scripts and things and then suddenly.. KAPUT, just wish hed give us some official status update, just a simple yes or no..

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Raven
PostFri 05/30/03 1:30pm
If he gives up, I hope someone can take over. I can assemble a team of really good modders.  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided not to get excited over rebirth when it was announced due to the incredibly long time until its completion, and I wasn't holding out for it to actually be completed. And even if it is completed, NWN will be dead and buried by that time as most have said. If Gesh comes back he'd be doing a better favor to everyone if he just worked on 3.x with Bri imo.

Griff
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or get a team so that some work on 3 and some work on rebirth.

Another thought that occured to me is, if we want dyso to get bigger without laggier, we can use the two servers for two different regions. Potentially doubling the size of dyso without losing much lag. Problem is sometimes the server will be full and therefore rendering some areas innaccessible.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Drudley
PostFri 05/30/03 1:51pm
Server full? I believe it when i see it
I haven't seen it full for at least a month

Sep
PostFri 05/30/03 1:52pm
Lately I have seen it near full... 36/40 most of the time.  Reply with quote

Raven
PostFri 05/30/03 1:52pm
If we have two servers wth two regions, one might be overcrowded.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I partially agree with Griff, about the part of Gesh helping with 3.x etc. Rebirth will take too long. With SoU coming out soon, and XP2 coming out this winter (maybe), and Star Wars Galaxies (and DOOMIII!) and who knows what other stuff, NWN in general won't be around for probably more than a couple years more (except for the hardcore players).

I have no idea what your reasons are for not allowing more devs, Bri, but they might help move things along on Dyso. Not like you don't know that of course! But I'm just saying - like others here - with all the love Dyso has and support from those of us who like it no matter what, more stuff would be very appreciated (not like you don't know that, too icon_smile.gif ).
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Gesh *is* actually still working on Rebirth, and will just spring it on the True Believers suddenly someday... icon_mrgreen.gif
Z
PostFri 05/30/03 6:11pm
someday, someday, someday  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostFri 05/30/03 7:01pm
Doubtfull, doubtfull, very doubtfull...  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostFri 05/30/03 7:03pm
*hugs tuskan*  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostFri 05/30/03 7:32pm
Why are you hugging a Sandperson?

Edit: oh wait! sorry...i get it.

Nikina
PostSat 05/31/03 4:39am
I love how every thread gets out of topic one day or another lol!  Reply with quote

Shin2k
PostSat 05/31/03 8:49am
If Dyso needs more builders or scripters I could help, if its gonna be completely given up we might have a slight problem though :S  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's usually people like me that make threads change their tune... People "like" me.. YOU BLAMING ME? GET YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD CHANGE TOOLS!!!!

Again, I have no idea what I'm on about.. But listen anyway or I cut your throat open with a rusty butter knife.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is not off topic.

Nemor, I'm going to hit you in the face so hard you'll have to put your finger in your ear to pick your nose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: