DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Great Druid of the Healers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Druid Circle (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Celina
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 5 / 22 EXP: 5 / 22 EXP: 5 / 22
 22%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Great Druid of the Healers Reply with quote

Although I am fairly new to the Healers of the Oak, I don't consider myself inexperienced when it comes to healing and protecting the forces of Good. Maintaining the Balance is something all druids understand. Hurin, I once knew you to be a good natured, caring person, who fought for what was right. Your words to the circle recently and your actions of late, show jealousy and bitterness. Myself, other druids, and surprizingly you as well, feel that you are nolonger fit to lead the healers due to your change in attitude. You said you wanted someone to challenge you for the position. Although I nolonger care for fighting I will not let the healers go without a leader. So we have a choice here, either you submit leadership willingly, or you force me to duel you for leadership.
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selene: I think you would make a wonderful Great Druid! I support you all the way.

((You should play with Cara a bit more though.......))
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To point out here, dueling although a good RP, IC way of changing positions isnt I think intended for actual changes to ranks, it can be used as more of a serious duel to see who is stronger but nothing more. The position of the ranks set up as I believe Snares believes was that it was to reward people who participated not just IC but OOC.

To spell it out, someone gets to promoted to Great Druid etc because of their hard work and involvement in and out of dyso yet gets this promoted taken away because he lost in a duel in-game to someone who has just powerplayed to get a strong druid char.

If duels were to be implemented fully, then some sort of restriction needs to be applied so that only druids who have participated up to a certain level can duel for ranks.

I am NOT saying this is the situation here in anyway, from what I know of Celina since before shes participated well.

Also people who are thinking STFU Z you *"(£&%(*£"&%, you dont even play in Dyso anymore, let alone be in the guild, Piss off You are perfectly right, but I think Snares will agree with me on this one.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go by mostly the same rules, Z. I've known Celina since the point where she entered the guild, and she has done spendidly icon_smile.gif
Celina
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clerification (OOC)

I dont want to make it out like the positions are there for the taking if you are strong enough, that is not so by any means. I do not see the the ranks as rewards, neither do I see them as positions of power. I see the ranks (arch, great, and grand druids) as positions of respect. It us up to the person filling the position to prove themselves and act in a manner befitting the rank. (ie. shouldn't go around making fun of people or causing trouble for no reason) If the members in the particular section don't like how their leader is acting or filling the position then let it be known so something can be done about it.
I would rather not become Great Druid, but if noone else wishes to fill the position then I won't let the healers go without a leader. (not leader as in someone who issues orders, but leader as in someone you can rely on in times of trouble)
As far as I know there are only two other active Healers of the Oak: Ce'Nedra and Norrec. I would ask them to post here what they think of this. If they want to be Great druid and if they support myself in becomming Great druid or not.
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself do not feel I would make a great druid, atleast as of yet. I do not think I have done anything for the circle to make me worthy of this title either. I supprot you Cara. Hurin was a great healer, but times change and he is no longer one of us. I think between the rest of us you have the most... experiance in this kind of thing. There for, I give you my vote as the next Great Druid of the Healers.
Seeing as Hurin is nolonger a healer, he can not be the Great druid for the Healers. This means that he is NOT the great druid and the spot is simply open. I do not see why anyone must duel each other in this affair. Save your strength for the blasted goblins. Just the other day they were caught useing badgers to spread poison threwout the land. Luckly a few others and I were able to stop them. And... But thats besides the point.
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norrec, just so you're clear, the Goblins have allied with us.

If they bother you, tell them you are with the Druid Circle, and you'll pass without problem.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celina
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about allying with goblins, especially since goblins are known to hate druids and mother nature. Also, if goblins were using badgers to spread poison then that's another reason for druids to appose them. That goes against everything we stand for.
Jr
PostThu 05/29/03 9:16am
It seams like we have to talk with thier leader again, Nemor...  Reply with quote

Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats besides the point. There was... one... of them that made an anidote. Jibi. Then I saw Hati, Romi, and Jibi robing and looting from travlers near the trolls. They were rounded up and killing by 2 half-orcs and a human. I heard the whole thing as I just happened to be walking past as a badger... icon_smile.gif
Lets get back to talking of Great Druid for the Healers.
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a word with them on this, but me, Jr and Kerberious were talking to them about an alliance, they don't hate us. Their goal is to strip the king of his land, so no-one can own it.

Even if their intentions are different they fight the same cause, as for poisoned badgers, I only just heard of this so I will look into it.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Zantia-1
PostThu 05/29/03 9:34pm
Um...I was wondering how you "tell" the goblins your of the Circle...  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're above intelligent Goblins, some sort of hybrid breed or something, ask them. They talk clear enough for me to understand and understand Humanoids perfectly.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT CELINA BEING GREAT DRUID. I don't mind you going a tiny bit off-topic but PLEASE if you wish to discuss the goblins, make another thread. Or use the Caffine-Lounge.
Nemor
PostFri 05/30/03 12:57am
People are so touchy now.. icon_confused.gif  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celina,

Back to point of ranks and things. I think Ranks are supposed to be relevant OOC AND IC. They are also positions of power and respect. Granted, this "power" is mostly theoretical yet we need a hierrachy of power in order to maintain the whole system of having a grand druid at the top. Now, the power thing should not be overdone, its more theoretical, and in reality, like you said, its more to do with respect.

If the members in the particular section don't like how their leader is acting or filling the position then let it be known so something can be done about it.

Of course, but there needs to be distinguishing between OOC And IC actions although it does depend on the situation. Someone has a OOC complaint (like for example, a great druid was clearly not roleplaying and pked 3 people) , then it should goto the Grand Druid OOC as its a OOC problem. Yet, if your char has an IC complaint (for example, the goblins, a druid doesnt like a great druid's stance on supporting the goblins and so wants to take away the great druid's rank) then a complaint must be made IC to the Grand Druid and/or to all the druids.

There needs to be more clarifying obviously on the official thing, Snares can you help here please?

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC))Well, weather or not Celina fights me in the game, or if she doesnt, it does not matter. I asked her before I turned into a Predator if she would be willing to be the great druid for the healer...again icon_wink.gif . The reason I asked for someone to challenge me for the position is that I am an old 2nd edition player. In 2nd edition AD&D, Druids fought thier way for the positions of leadership, showing that they are fit enoough to lead the Druids.
Sorry if I made things complicated, but I believed Celina to be the best person for the job. Besides, I know shell have no problem kicking my butt icon_smile.gif .

((IC)) icon_twisted.gif Very well Cara, I accept your challenge for leadership of the Healers....
View users profile Send private message
Nemor
PostSat 05/31/03 9:47am
In that case, I'll take you all on and I'll be Grand Druid..  Reply with quote

Ce´Nedra
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that I cant fill that title...

But I know Cara can...

It would be great to have you as a leader Cara. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Snares
Hero

XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z wrote:

There needs to be more clarifying obviously on the official thing, Snares can you help here please?

Sorry for the late response... Anyhow, I think all this has been attributed by last server wipe and partly since I have to leave and all - which hasn't been properly settled as to who is who in the Circle. There are vacancies left lying around and it's good to know that there are people filling in the roles. However rising to a certain ranking should not be left entirely to duelling alone. It has to be agreed by everyone as well through a polling process.

I must apologise for my rashness in attaining the title of Great Druid for the Predators earlier on, only to be unable to live up to the role. Now given the situation where our Great Druid of the Healers has left to become a Predator and while Sister Cara is being instigated into a challenge, Grand Druid Selene and Brother Jr, as well as the available arch druids should oversee the entire change of powers rather than have this take place only amongst the two innvolved.

Given Kerberious' odd position in-game, there is little the runt can do, so I urge the Elders to help with the transition. Perhaps they might even see another member for fitting for the position. It's best that this matter be made an official guild event ("The New Elders") and presented to the remaining council and decided with the members of the Circle how and what ought to be done.

And speaking of guild events, the Elders should come together and help create something for everyone to participate in... (which I would like to do so as well, though however my long absence in Dyso has already left me quite... inadequate...)

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll be willing to fill any role people appoint me too, I'm always on and always helping out and doing stuff for the guild, however, I don't wish to put anyone out.

I'm Arch Druid but I feel I can do better..

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Druid Circle (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: