DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

completly off topic and well a small complaint

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: completly off topic and well a small complaint Reply with quote

a MMORPG that I hav ebeen playing for a while has gotten WAY out of hand with people downloading and trying to start new characters.....

the current server it is running off can only hold about 2000 and that quickly fills up..... I will not say which one it is cause with all the people who read these forums I will never be able to log in again......

my avatar right now is kinda how I look at the moment

with my wanting to kill everyone and everything that gets in my way of logginng on to have fun
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Raven
PostSun 06/01/03 1:47am
It's Pong Online, isn't it? ISN'T IT?  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostSun 06/01/03 2:31am
Thank you so much for posting this in the right Forum...

...and yet, NOT.

Hurin
PostSun 06/01/03 6:53am
Ummm.....what does that have to do with Dyso? icon_confused.gif  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got about 7 characters on my login for Dysotopia alone, I had no idea there was a limit though I should have, ignorance I guess.

I did send Conrad a message a while ago to remove some but that was when the servers and web host had just gone down so I imagine it never got through.

Anyway, this means you can't logon?

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedStorm
PostSun 06/01/03 7:23am
Truia your wired,and why whould dyso care? or why on this forum? if at all it should be off topic  Reply with quote

Nemor
PostSun 06/01/03 8:23am
Or thrown in to the burning fires of hell for eternity...  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemor wrote:
I got about 7 characters on my login for Dysotopia alone, I had no idea there was a limit though I should have, ignorance I guess.

I did send Conrad a message a while ago to remove some but that was when the servers and web host had just gone down so I imagine it never got through.

Anyway, this means you can't logon?

7?!
Is that it?!

I must have about 14. *logs on to check*
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nemor
PostSun 06/01/03 12:14pm
Bah, you want me to compete? icon_twisted.gif  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 7 logins.......with about 2 chartacters each......... I didnt know there was a limit. when you have to many characters you have tried out it gets weird if they are all in the same account. many of misclicks can mess up a whole day.

no forum mods have moved it so I guess the topic is here.

and now the problem is when ever I do have a chance to login there are ALOT of people who are AFK in game.... I know they are since I walk by the areas at least once every 20 minutes and they are still there doing nothing.

people are so stupid and insenstive to others feelings wants or desires. icon_cry.gif why must the world be like that
Jon316
PostSun 06/01/03 3:33pm
heh, different accounts.... im not going there....  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truia wrote:

and now the problem is when ever I do have a chance to login there are ALOT of people who are AFK in game.... I know they are since I walk by the areas at least once every 20 minutes and they are still there doing nothing.

I would do that- saves me from having to go through the trouble of relogging when there's no space icon_wink.gif I'm selfish- sue me! emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Falkhor
PostSun 06/01/03 5:26pm
can we boot you instead?  Reply with quote

RedStorm
PostSun 06/01/03 5:35pm
lol  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even recomended the soultion of an auto booting system to get rid of AFKers

but the designers are to busy trying to figure out whats wrong htem selves, too listen to the players

kinda funny if you ask me
RedStorm
PostSun 06/01/03 6:01pm
then why don't you make one truia? if they are to "busy"
do u even know what they are doing,god damn truia

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah if only we had made truia dm and moderator. The whole mod would be perfect in no time. Just some background info: truia didnt get chosen as dm so now she's pissed off and considers everything and everyone an idiot.
Well, hope your day is sunnier now you got rid again of the piece of wood they insert up your behind daily. Hope it'll stay out now cause i grow real tired of having the entire development/dm/modteam being bashed in all your recent posts just because we made a decision you didnt like.
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falk .. be nice. icon_smile.gif

That was all there was going to be to this post, but the forums told me that wasn't enough, so I have added this extra padding to qualify.
Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O I am talking about another game cant you people read. I have no complaints about the DM/mod thing.

this has nothing to do with Dyso at all, it has to do with a MMORPG that I have ben playing recently. and the fact that the one and only server they have because they dont want to charge us for the game time yet since it is far from complete, can only have 2000 people playing at once, and that I have noticed many people going AFK in game so that they dont lose their place and chance to be in game.
Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now the edit button isnt working again, after that last edit, but I would like to know why I appear to be the subject of constant bashing myself......

Do I have a sign that say hurt my feelings because I like to share my ideas.

why is it that every where I go a female video game player is constantly judged and misunderstood, sorry if I am not like most of the female characters on all NWN servers, I am not a man playing a woman I am a woman playing a woman, and unlike you big tough men with no feelings, I do get hurt easily, so do me a favor leave me the hell alone I didnt do anything to hurt your precious server at any point in time.

Nothing I have ever said has been in disrespect to the development team I admire their ability to actually come up with something good, something that they can go with unlike me who seems to have complication after complication when I was actually working on my own mod.

maybe if you actually took time to read my posts you would actually understand them instead of blowing them off after a few words and saying to yourself.
Oh its Truia she must be bitching about the mod again so I am going to blow off what she has actually writen and be an ass about it even though what I am going to say will have nothing to do with what she said.

And Red how could a gamedesign company expect me to create a script or system that booted AFKs from the system if I dont even know how the game runs so far.

Sure not getting a mod spot may have affected me, but I dont really care. Sure it would have been a fun thing to do to help out with RP on the server but what ever, I wasnt chosen and I had forgotten about it already.
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you PM me what game it is? I dont want to play really, just wondering. Have you played RO? You cant complain about AFKers till you have played Ragnarok Online. There were 2 servers, each with around 10k players. Out of that 10k, I would say.... 6k of them were siting there with chat bubbles aboe there heads with things such as "Afk, Sleeping" or "Eating Dinner ^^" or "Im on vacation for the week, so im going to leave my computer here runing with a game on takeing up space causeing more of the already hated lag so that when i come back I can send emails to gravity about how laggy the game is"

I tried to figure out who played a woman that was a woman once. Soon I just desided unless they SAY there a guy then to assume there a woman. Im to lazy to take the time to figure it out, and if I just ask its to easy to lie.

You know you could always just ignore peoples post that you know dont like you... just a thoght... icon_wink.gif
Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played RO and yea some times it is pretty funny how many of the people on the server were AFK for extended periods of time.

if everyone must know its called Dragon Raja with the current login problems they are haveing not even people who are always on even the GMs are not able to login so what ever

Last edited by Truia on Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total
Nemor
PostMon 06/02/03 2:44am
Well, shouldn't this be in the off-topic forum if its another game??  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats actually what I asked myself a few times. so I put it here and if the server admins moved it so be it.

aactually if you look at it it became a rant about Dyso in a way
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeh, but it's original purpose is off-topic. But anyway, I don't care, it's up to forum moderators to decide where it goes icon_rolleyes.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truia wrote:
Sure not getting a mod spot may have affected me, but I dont really care. Sure it would have been a fun thing to do to help out with RP on the server but what ever, I wasnt chosen and I had forgotten about it already.

OBVIOUSLY if it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have ranted about it now would you?

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
Conrad Hollows
PostMon 06/02/03 3:41am
Let's everyone take a chill pill, eh?  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: