DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

HI im new to this mod and need help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Impervious to logic
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok fine ill try to roleplay. maybe i wont be that good at it but ill try. but i have a question. one of you guys said i shouldnt seek power if i am roleplaying but u said all it is is to act like you are the character. so what if my character is power hungry, born with superhuman abilities, or whatever?
View users profile Send private message
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. It's really pretty fun and it is not required 100% of the time. Don't worry about not being any good at it. I really don't think I'm all that great either... but you can't do it if you don't try.

About RP'ing a power hungry character... there are many possibilities. It could be power hungry for physical dominance, political influence, religious persuasion, wealth, or something else. The type of power your character desires can drive your character's reactions to certain situations and help define his motivation to "do" certain things. For instance, a character who desires gold and sees no reason not to just take it from someone would make a good rogue. Aside from leveling, they would also try to learn to pickpocket effectively, which certainly requires roleplaying and it helps to have an accomplice. A barbarian that wants to be the powerful in battle will likely take on any job that tests his skills. Aside from "training" in the areas with the toughest creatures he can handle, he will likely work as a mercenary, perhaps in a DM quest or for another player who seeks revenge on yet another, or whatever.

As far as superhuman abilities are concerned... I haven't the RP experience in Dyso to give a consistent answer... there are probably many opinions on that and I would guess it would also depend on what type of superhuman powers and such. It could be fun to do if within reason (whatever that may be).

Anyway... that was long-winded, but I hope you enjoy your time in Dyso. You will find that most players are accomodating as you go-go around, but you will most certainly run into some of their "characters" that are not, hehe.

A quick reminder...

Whenever you "talk" to someone in the game... pretend it is only your character that is talking. If you, the player, have something to say... then use (( in front of or after what you have to say. That shows the others that you are talking and not your character.

note: some people aslo use ooc- or -ooc or something like that at the begining or end of the message to show that they are talking and not their character.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just play a power hungry sorc out to hone his skills to the maximum... maybe, just a suggestion, you wouldnt be the first, and i guess its acceptable rp from what i hear from others...
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, I saw it on the Dysotopia server, seriously, there is a Drizzt on the Dyso server...SO MAKE ARTEMIS ALREADY emot-yum.gif

And impervious, if you don't roleplay, you need to seriously go somewhere else NOW. Roleplaying is a MUST. Why do you think it's in the RP section anyway???? Just for fun???? NOOOOOOO, if you want to level and explore, go to some lame action PW or whatever, but LEAVE HERE!!!!

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drudley
PostFri 06/06/03 11:09am
ShadowCore has issues...  Reply with quote

Uin
PostFri 06/06/03 11:32am
Lots of them...  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have issues.....I have issues with people who don't roleplay when others are around, or people who make Drow characters named "Don't Mess With Me", and I also have problems with lamers who don't want to roleplay and only want to level on a roleplay server. Seriously, I don't see the problem with those issues....icon_razz.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I here by ban any word that contains the word "lame" and the word lame of course...

This includes:

L4me
Lam3
L4m3
1ame
14me
1am3
14m3
|_ame
|_4me
|_am3
|_4m3
£@mÄ

And everything else you could possible come up with...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostFri 06/06/03 3:08pm
That's so |_ /\ |\/| [-  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impervious... ShadowCore is what I call a HARDcore RP guy. Not all of us are as good as him at RP. There are plenty who level about as much as, or even more than, they RP. That is NOT against the rules, hehe!

It's really just a matter of opinion. As long as you are trying and stay within the server rules, you are doing just fine.

What is your character's name... I'll help when I can, but I'm really not that good.

Hey! Maybe ShadowCore can show you the ropes since he is the 100% RP expert! icon_mrgreen.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: