DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RPing evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:

So basically you're saying "They're not doing it, so why should I??". HAH!!
That is one of the most illogical and useless reasonings ever...

No, you have problems with your logical reasoning. It means, "it is perfectly and physically possible to create one under these circumstances." Which means if you do, the DM won't come and hull your guild apart.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin' wrote:
Hm, that doesnt answer my question, I mean you could have said, "Heck, I'm level 15 now, let this level thing be over with it now!"
icon_mrgreen.gif

I assumed that people who played in game knew I was level 15 already. Most of them do, but never post here.

People have misunderstood my post. In fact, I said, "I am so close to 20, won't br rping until I get there". "So close" doesn't really mean level 1.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, raven, there is such a thing as an edit botton that helps compile posts sometimes... seems like professional spam!!! omgsz0rz!!!!

anyway... hell, if i were you people reading this, i would leave this raven guy to himself and let him do as he pleases, unfortunately he has the rules on his side i think... so you cant complain about his method of rp, as long as he DOES rp... so darnit i wont say anything to him.... freeking wacked out
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, it IS perfectly possible to do such a thing. You are too focused on power to notice that you can do stuff WITHOUT that power. You can actually start an intelligence agency without being high level, you can actually roleplay a mad evil wizard who wants to dominate and control everyone WITHOUT being stronger than them.

How do you think the powerful wizard actually got to be poweful? How do you think characters like Drizzt came by there power? They 'weren;t born with power, they had to train to become powerful.

I don't understand why you can't do that simple part of a characters life which is usually most interesting.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
You are too focused on power to notice that you can do stuff WITHOUT that power. You can actually start an intelligence agency without being high level, you can actually roleplay a mad evil wizard who wants to dominate and control everyone WITHOUT being stronger than them.

You should read the posts again. That's exactly what I said. Power isn't just about killing another. If you think it is, then you have the mentality of a pure PGer.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
Man, raven, there is such a thing as an edit botton that helps compile posts sometimes... seems like professional spam!!! omgsz0rz!!!!

anyway... hell, if i were you people reading this, i would leave this raven guy to himself and let him do as he pleases, unfortunately he has the rules on his side i think... so you cant complain about his method of rp, as long as he DOES rp... so darnit i wont say anything to him.... freeking wacked out

I write a reply for each individual I am replying to. No confusion.
Jon316
PostSun 06/08/03 5:49pm
argueing with this guy is going to solve nothing, let the powers that be deal with him........  Reply with quote

Jon316
PostSun 06/08/03 5:51pm
omgs, when i posted that, this guy already had two messages in the time it took me to post my above message  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
argueing with this guy is going to solve nothing, let the powers that be deal with him........

Arguing with me will solve something if you can actually ARGUE with me. Instead of blasting me or others with insults. Eh, Jon?
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, I just noticed I'm still lvl 19 on the boards, I need more posts, before I reach level 20 I can't properly discuss anything! icon_mrgreen.gif
Ok, I think we really won't find an understanding, so let's just come to the agreement that we don't agree icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Raven
PostSun 06/08/03 5:57pm
Shit, you're right. I gotta get 2 more levels. FAST.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahahahahahaha.... icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alic get bent, seriously. And Raven, PG/PG hybrid really doesn't belong in Dyso. Just roleplay as you get there like I do, sure it's slower but its more fun than "bash bash bash"

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mxyptlk
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I partially agree with Raven. If you want to roleplay a "powerful" character it is better to be high level because noone will respect you if you arent high level. It should not be like that, but it is... Actually, if you are a character of any level, lets say 5 with a intelligence of 19 for example, the you should easily be able to talk a 15th level barbarian under the table, but this just doesnt happen... Level = respect. But another aspect of this that isnt taken into account is that powerful characters usually are powerful because they have a reputation. And a reputation is earned through rp'ing... A 20th level character that noone has ever heard about (not even rumors or tales), is very unlikely...
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemor wrote:
Alic get bent, seriously. And Raven, PG/PG hybrid really doesn't belong in Dyso. Just roleplay as you get there like I do, sure it's slower but its more fun than "bash bash bash"

True, but Dyso has a majority of support for PG leveling only.
M-K
PostSun 06/08/03 10:15pm
Only point is ...I thought this thread was about RP Evil ..not the vageries wonders schizophrenic gollumesque style of Ravens approach.  Reply with quote

MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think it's in about the same line as the "I think you should do it, therefore you should do it," logic.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-K wrote:
Only point is ...I thought this thread was about RP Evil ..not the vageries wonders schizophrenic gollumesque style of Ravens approach.

Conversations evolve. Feel free to bring it back to that particular subject.

MerchanT... wha?
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna know why people rather not roleplay below level 20?
Because they are:
a. Afraid to die in combat and loose a level
b. Afraid to die in combat and loose their precious gold
c. They want to rp someone who's the strongest.
d. Because they dont have to make up excuses to go hunting anymore.
e. Because its more fun fighting the dark lord with 5 level 20 characters, then fighting a bugbear with 5 level 1 characters.
f. People who play this game alone get theirselves easier into trouble, and dying and losing xp and having to wait 5 minutes or so gets lame to them and they complain about it.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin2k wrote:

a. Afraid to die in combat and loose a level

If you were, then you wouldn't get to level 20.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't get what he means, he means that you're afraid to die in PvP combat because of roleplay(since you most likely play some kind of evil megalomaniac, or an evil-slaying zealot, otherwise the need for power wouldn't be there).

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay back on to the topics name subject.

Drem is the perfect example of people killing her for past transgretions(ignore bad spelling it has been a bad week, for not sleeping), being "assassinated" at least three times a day, (some ways made me laugh like someone casting trueseeing on a kobold healer when I was out of spells OUCH heheh) loseing thousands and thousands of XP points, I have never gotten past my current level(couldnt tell you what it is havent played in days) Not to mention the PPers being the RPer that I am "hmmm what was that... something brushed past.... Must be an over sized fly or something" then go about raiseing my RPed army which will never get off the ground until I come back.

Newaz to my point....

could there maybe a penalty to PKing someone, I know on diff servers if you kill more then one person within 30 minutes guards come after you and carry you off to jail, as well as if the same person is killed by different people within 30 minutes, the guards go after both the PKers and throw them in jail.

hmmmmm I think I should be nice and give my fortune to Pete heheh :p I am not sure but moveing in about 9 days if nothign comes up I will try to come on to DYso and mess around. emot-heartbeat.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats unfair in my perspective- if thus happens, I'll be spending half of my gametime in jail, and I don't want that.

I lost 19,000 xp in the last 3 days (accumulated)- I get PKed too- usually have to face more than one opponent, but I accept it. If you cant deal with an assaulter, run- if he knocks you down tell him (( im going to run )) and he'll more likely than not let you go (Spears would, but thats because you told me ooc before I do serious damage).

To my real point- if I get jumped by 4 people and kill all of them (yes this has happened, and I won) I'll be the one to go to jail? Not really fair me thinks - especially if you're evil icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Palladium said if you play an evil character plan to spending time in jail. I cant count how many times Omen has been in jail i think one week he was put in jail evey day that week. But that goes with playing an evil character and i expexted that every time and it wasnt for OOC reasons it was all in IC. I broke the law and got cuaght which i still rped it out also and the DM's or the OSB member always rped it out and told me first that i would be going to jail and was that ok in a tell first and always replyed ok cool or something like. It was all part of rping to me so if you want to play an evil character be prepaird to face all the responsablitys of the evilness an remember its a game.
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Palladium, I think it's very fair. Ofcourse, it isn't fair either that you get to escape when you've died, or that you're victims get to escape.

Jailing should be in place, but IC, it should be against foes that are not impossible to beat, ie. you have a chance to get out :-p

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchanT wrote:
Quote:

I think it's in about the same line as the "I think you should do it, therefore you should do it," logic.

I THINK what MerchanT is trying to say here is that just because one has a certain OPINION on what Powergaming and/or Roleplaying is, they shouldn't expect everyone else to agree with it.

But usually people who know that their opinions are actually facts are perfect, so we probably should do what they say.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: