DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

scamming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> League of Shadows (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
African Ape

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: scamming Reply with quote

We need to get some scams going because I need money!

Since there might be tournies in Eleriina in the future, I thought we could mabey collect money to participate in them and keep it for ourselves.
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or i was thinking would make us some money to dress as beggars using the beggars cloth that they sell in the londona coast and walk around asking for money to eat...then we could pickpocket them in the mean time while they talk to one of us.
View users profile Send private message
Timmy
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11
 54%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...Here's a nice scam.

We could set up a tournament,where everyone who enters has to pay 300gp.and will say that they'll be set up in groups for it to be fair fights.

BUt before the contest starts the person with all the gold all of a sudden to everyones surprise get pickpocketed...

And we could blame this on tha gobo's!!

icon_mrgreen.gif
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite a scam, but Timmy and I were trying to lure players out of the city into traps where, in the ensuing confusion, we would help to lighten their load. However, this can only be done a few times before the word spreads.. so what we need is a frontman or two, preferably non-halfling (for some reason the tallies are more trusted).

Anyway, if you see me running about (Timmy may be up for it as well) and want to try this out, send me a message and Im sure we can work something out. People are gullible and greedy, so we might as well play on it.

Deny everything. It was the Gobos I tell ya!

Az.
Timmy
Mortal

XP
 54%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: hum.. Reply with quote

yup...it's always tha gobo's!!

anyway Az.All we need to do is set one of em traps Griff likes so much and paralyze em.then we run up and rob em for all we have,but for that we should be as many as possible so we get what we can.

Or what we could do is start some actions to frame tha gobo's into doing something very bad.
Like we could try to kidnap the lord when dressed as gobo's?
ofcourse we'd do this publicly and everyone would see.

then we run away demanding ransom leaving notes that it was gnilflah the goblin and Leizaza the gobliness ?? emot-yum.gif

then ask the goblins to meet us at a point where we also tell the authorites to meet us for picking up the lord after he's been paid for ofcourse.

then we have 4 gobo's and the authorities in one place...guess what will happen?

we on the other hand have allready managed to rescue the poor lord and returned him to eleriina.

And since we're hallfings we should get some reward for this ,aye?

so what do we end up with?Ransom for the king,putting the gobo's in a sticky,and the reward for finding and returning the lord.

icon_mrgreen.gif
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

XP
 7%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.. paint ourselves green and wear masks.. put on the "Im just a dumb gobbo" act.. this sounds like quite a good plan. Even if we cant get the Lord of the land, a well respected member of Dysotopian society would do.

What we need to do though is plan where to hold the captive, where to lure the gobbos, and how to get them there.. I suggest we use the house they have taken as their own - one in Eleriina not far from Porto's shop. We can tell them we have taken back their house, which is sure to get their attention, then let them arrive to a barrage of traps while we get the authorities..

Nice Plan Timmy, we need to sort a few details and implement this.
Timmy
Mortal

XP
 54%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true,it must be well planned if it is to succeed,but i think we have a good chance.The most important thing is that the authorities don't get there and see that the gobo's are hurt.I mean.so they think someone else is in on this.

UNLESS icon_idea.gif

We say that we saw the gobo's running around with the captive and were taking him/her to their house and fought them and got the person..All this time the captive would be locked in some house.

hum..that would prove for even more reward!!! icon_mrgreen.gif
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

XP
 7%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That takes away the fun of seeing them try to talk their way outta the whole mess.. but agreed would be much easier to accomplish.

If the gobo's get.. shall we say.. incapacitated, before the authorities arrive, we can probably claim almost the same thing - say we heard a scream, saw the gobbos with the abductee and intervened. And chopped them into little green quivering chunks of gobbo jelly.

Thats it, we have to do this. Suggest we plan for it to go down this weekend, preferably when there are others of this guild to join in or provide backup.

Az.
Timmy
PostFri 06/13/03 10:09pm
yes,Az.That would make for a great scam,but who would we use as victim to kidnap?

Anyway,are tehre any objections towards this plan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> League of Shadows (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: