DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How to make this a better mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe there needs to be more dms to do events maybe if theres enoug hdms then there will always be several events going.... omg i that looks cool! just imagine if 3 were going on a once? now that would be cool! i bet the fanbase would grow bigger than its ever been!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not_so_unique wrote:
DM events and stuff don't make it fun.

DM events can inspire or enhance RP fun.

Stuff just makes the game cool.

Players make it fun (from within themselves).

DMs don't have funmakers. It seems there should be far less dependence on DM events. I wonder how much people are in it for the reward as much or more so than for the enhanced fun.
omgsss! I'm going to frame this. You can't imagine how true this statement is. Some of the best "events" come from players... Ever watch Ali'Zee, Pete the Pick, and the rest of the crew. Absolute riot! Not only are they having fun, but they are also spreading it to others... could fun be contagious?
Anyways, DM events have been on the backburner for now. Especially the larger ones. It just causes too much lag and whatnot everytime we try. We're trying though.... But this certainly doesn't mean that the players can't find a little RP goodness on their own. That's the great thing about a 24/7 online RP world. icon_biggrin.gif
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Loved hanging out with the Scamps. Truly an honor to be on the inside of some of the antics.

As far as DM events, I think the best is when a lurking DM starts to support a character's RP. There doesnt have to be any flash, or exotic monsters, or other laggy stuff. For example, one time in the inn, someone was messing with a torch and suddenly a fire started to spread. It was way cool to have the DM step in and support the RP with DMvine Intervention. I believe it promotes more RP, and the intervention, and the RP that ensues, is much more rewarding and fun than an Uber Sword of Ikillyu. We do have a lot of creative people, and supporting RP is a great way to have it continue.

I like, and appreciate, all the events the DMs put together to add fun to our games. This is just my favorite kind.
Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good little thread... icon_smile.gif

Lemme see here -

* Badgers really do help with Lag, otherwise all those containers stack up and drag down the server. Plus, it adds a bit of character. Maybe we could make Invisible Tidy Badgers for out side city/rural areas where it wouldn't make sense...

* The Wall to the Manor is missing because I (as Glithander, IC) wanted it down. The Prince has restored my ownership of the Manor, and I wanted it opened to the public. OOC: Wanted to open the area a bit, and we needed a gateway to Eleriina East...

* Quests / Dungeons / Etc... icon_smile.gif Lots of stuff in the pipeline here. Some little. Some big.

* Death. The Big D. Here's an idea: Let's see what'cha think. Instead of the current system (Struck down, go blind and wait 5 minutes then respawn to Heaven/Hell) - I'm thinking of an immediate (20 sec) respawn after the chance for rez, with the Respawn to a Hospital Area (we'll assume IC that some good meaning cleric drags your butt back to town) where you'll be up, and around, but can't leave for about 5 min. Just kicking stuff around...

Later!

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the "immediate respawn" interfere with a party coming to rez you if, say, they are lagging a couple minutes behind, or finishing off the monster that did you in before rezzing you? Or will it be the standard death dialogue with the option to respawn or wait?
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an excellent idea, Glith! I agree with Sep, that the OPTION to Respawn or Wait For Help should be 20 seconds, but yes, that Hospital thing is cool. Would allow people to sit and visit and discuss how they came about being there until they got "released" by the Doctor. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all the things ya'll are doing these days, Glith. Change is always good!
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Glith
The Wanderer

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I envision it - it would bring up the respawn GUI (Respawn / Wait / Exit) after 20 seconds - so if you have faith in your cohorts and want to wait... defenseless... blind... on the dungeon floor with hordes of ravenous invisible Tidy Badgers headed your way (or worse, a bunch of halflings and company) ... HEY - That's your choice... icon_wink.gif

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glith, I like the hospital idea better, means once you respawn you could sort your spells, inventory, have a 5 minute ooc chat with a mate etc. Make it so you don't lose exp/gold until you actually arrive at hospital (skull still drops where u died) but this means you don't lose exp until you truely are dead. Coz someone could rez you before this happens, if you're lucky icon_eek.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glith wrote:
The way I envision it - it would bring up the respawn GUI (Respawn / Wait / Exit) after 20 seconds - so if you have faith in your cohorts and want to wait... defenseless... blind... on the dungeon floor with hordes of ravenous invisible Tidy Badgers headed your way (or worse, a bunch of halflings and company) ... HEY - That's your choice... icon_wink.gif

Sigh another stereotypic view of the little guys...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the big bummer. That even if you get rezzed by your friendly party, you still have lost the huge amount of exp. Annoying. And that blind for 5 minutes has been wrong from the beginning. It's just not fun.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glith
The Wanderer

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad Idea, but I might play with making the GP loss a bit more - Resurrections and Healing folks costs, don'tcha know, and the Dysotopian Nationalized Health Insurance Act doesn't cover everything... icon_wink.gif

Mood of the Moment:
Glorin
PostWed 06/18/03 4:43pm
ohh glith, you soo craazzzaay  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostWed 06/18/03 4:49pm
I'm sure there was a whole bunch of death-system suggestions in the mod forums a while back. Pretty nifty ideas. Atleast in my opinion.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: