DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Knockdown the Immunity to Knockdown!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, imagine starting a class you've never done before, so you don't know how to perfectly create him.

Imagine spending months getting to level 17, thinking "Woohoo I got ninth level spells now" only to realize you can't cast those spells coz you're 1 damn intelligence point off being allowed to!!

Then being told the server will be wiped again anyway, I mean.. I wouldn't have bothered coming back last time until Rebirth had I known it was all a waste of time again icon_rolleyes.gif

I know everyone feels the same way, but you shouldn't get at DM's. This has to be done because of SoU issues and update compatibility. It is always easier and faster to whipe, fix code then re-open than it is to try and transfer each and every character (which by the way probably need changes to them due to level requirements soaring THANKS BIOWARE).

So, my suggestion is to take it in your stride, get over it, continue to RP your character and have fun instead of skellie bashing. Theres not alot else you, DM's or god himself can do about it.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drudley
PostWed 07/02/03 7:26am
Or let everyone start at level 10 after the wipe icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
PostWed 07/02/03 10:50am
The levels up to 10 aren't the hardest ones to gain icon_sad.gif  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostWed 07/02/03 11:33am
Uhm, the ones from 10 - 20 arent hard either, they are SLOOOOW and BOOOOOORING, but not at all hard  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope they don't wipe..... but if they do, oh well.

I think they should make a private forum with people who can apply under usergroups and just have one thread in it asking for people's characters, accounts, and levels with a screenshot proof of it so that they can be given levels back after a wipe.... just for longtime players that generally only add to the rp atmosphere... icon_mrgreen.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-K wrote:
As usual Maelstrom and others quote the bits of D and D they like and ignore the bits they dont like.

My goodness gracious, M-K! What a scathingly catty remark! I'm upset someone as sophisticated as yourself would say such a thing! I'm SO sorry I decided to only talk about the parts of D and D that I like that pertained to this topic. By the way, which bits of D and D don't I like?

M-K wrote:
Yes just as example i logged on the other day i looked art the list 3 fighters 2 monks 2 thieves 5 clerics and 7 other magic users...now is this a fair representation of a DD universe?...where the majority are magic users.

Hmmm....seeing how Clerics are both excellent Fighters AND Spellcasters, you really have to take them out of the equation. So that's 3+2+2=7 "fighters", and 7 "other magic users". Hmmm....

Oh and thanks for pointing out that this isn't really PnP (you said D&D but I think you meant PnP, because actually this IS D&D)! I was so confused as to why my dice just kept rolling right off the screen...
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: