DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A farewell to all...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: A farewell to all... Reply with quote

Well, i'm about to quit Dysotopia or at the least seriously considering it.
Not because it's boring and this roleplay mod now seems to revolve around people doing a marathon who can get to either the rare treasury or spawnpoints first. That is just a matter of time. I have faith in Gesh, given time, that this will be the best mod NWN has to offer.
Rather it's the fact that all i seem to be doing is reeling in my own guildmembers so they won't go off pk'ing and robbing people blind and generally being childish assholes and at the same time having to defend rogues in general, the league in particular and myself specifically.
All i ever really wanted was to have this mod be a succes, to have rogues be a class that is fun to play and fun to oppose, to ban exploits and lame behaviour, to ensure all those rogues aren't running around on their own messing up things for everyone.
The reason i wanted to force all rogues to join the league when it first started in Dyso was to ensure they wouldn't run around the mod making everyone pissed off, the reason why i instigated the whole :"honor among thieves" thing was partially to protect the rogue class from being villified and partially to protect non-rogues.
I've stopped chain pickpocketing in my league, stopped pk'ing for the most part, stopped more than one guildwar from ruining the fun for everyone and damn near lost my guild for unpopular decisions back then, instituted rules of behaviour for rogues within my guild, both player wise and character wise. I tried to have the guild become organized crime instead of rogues being a bunch of renegade pickpocketing lowlives, tried to make people understand my point of view and tried to make the mod more fun for people who got tired of chasing monsters and hoarding xp and treasure.
I guess i can now reveal i was negotiating with Gesh about adding my mod to Dysotopia when it was done, adding about 50% more terrain, not to mention scripts for dealing with criminal rogues in game, for fullscale war scripts allowing players to wage war on eachother with large armies, for assassination hitlists allowing players to send npc assassins after a player they felt wronged them, for campaign scripting that would have made every visit to the mod a surprise, for several things that were mentioned one time or another on this forum, things like real life ecology, intelligent npc, trade systems and what more, things i will still be working on with my own team of developers.
As for adding it to Dyso we'll see, right now i'm not inclined to do so and that's not to screw over Gesh, I like the guy, he's doing a hell of a job so far, it's just that well since I'm not likely to show my face in Dyso very often from now on there doesn't really seem to be a point to do so.
I can deal with being the bastard that everyone hates as long as it remained in game but I am fed up being cast into that role as a player when i've really been trying to make things fun for everyone.
I've made errors in judgement in the past and i'm sure i would have made some in the future but I've always tried to correct those mistakes and to ensure they would not occur again.
However it seems I have some reputation that i can't seem to shake.
For some reason i'm still being cast in the role of the chain pickpocketing ratbastard who is out to fuck everyone over. For some reason people still think the mod would be better off without me. So yea for a long time all of this was just a game for me but it has become personal. I feel i'm being forced to defend each and every one of my actions and decisions whether it's towards my own guild members or to those outside of it and i feel few people have actually been listening. Well, i'll leave it up to you, cause frankly right now i couldn't give a rat's ass anymore. You want me out, then I'm out but i foresee it will bring down the mod, it will cause untold chaos the way you haven't seen it yet and god i hope it won't ruin all the work both Gesh and I have done so far in our own fashion.
I might drop by from time to time because i still want to see where this mod is going but for me the fun is over and it will take a while before it returns i fear, if ever.
For those people I liked and now abandon, I'm sorry, we had some really good times and I hate doing this to you but the League of Shadows is disbanded for the time being.
For Gesh and his team, I hope things work out, you've always supported my efforts, you were one of the few who understood what i was trying to do, we'll talk about the modthing when you get back.
I dunno, maybe I'm just really frustrated right now and this will all blow over in a matter of days but i don't see that happening right now.
Have fun...
View users profile Send private message
Griff Inn
PostSat 10/19/02 10:58am
If Falkhor goes, I go.

Griff

Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: ...... Reply with quote

I think I'll past to the next topic, not because I don't find this one important, it's because I have nothing to add or reply worth of value. I've never had any problems with you whatsoever, nor your character. So...

Just do what's on your mind boy, if you feel like leaving for a few days, take some time, cool off, let people read this and see what your all about, some will come around and change the way they look at you, some won't. It's a matter of how much can people let go, and how much you actually did.

I for one, extend my apologies if I ever -can't recall any situation- gave you flame or complained about your actions. And finally I just want to say, that to me, your always welcome in dysotopia, your a part of it, like most of us. So...think about things more calmly...and don't take such a radical way out. Just a thought...after all...it's up to you.

Sincerely, Kuma.
Tada!
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this made me really sad.
You Falkhor are the most inspiring, constructive and wise person I have met here.
As you said, you always have tried to make things as good and fun as possible for everyone.
Not to mention the time you have spent creating your mod, with all scripts and improvements. Jailsystem, PP. etc.
You are the one that have dedicated the most of the time ever to try making this good for everyone (except for maybe gesh and c/o).

If you go, the world of Dysotopia will have lost a very valuable member.
All the people claiming you to be a moron, are idiots. Noone is as good-hearted and kind as you are.

I will truly miss you. I will miss you very very much. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you. You introduced me to the mod. Teached me.
Your dedication has left its mark on the land, forever.

I am hoping that you someday will change your mind and return to us. And keep helping us improve the world of Dysotopia.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not all you people attacking Falk understand,
that this mod will be shit without his excellent leadership
and order he brings to the rogue class?!

You who have made him feel he has to leave should really be ashamed of yourselves! Read all the stuff he has created in his own mod. All to make this mod more fun, good and orderly for us all?!
All the shit you all complain about the rogue-class will be easier to prevent! It would have made the rogues forced to keep it real goddammit!

I am so f**king angry at all of you right now!
There might be some assy rogues out there abusing RP and shit. But for heavens sake! DO NOT BLAME FALK!
I am so extremely frustrated at you all. Forcing a player that dedicates so much time to try making it better for all, to leave!
Except Gesh, Bri, Fooz etc. I think that Falk is the one really doing most work here!
For us, the players!

Dammit.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falk we all must realize that people are assholes, not all, but some people are indeed assholes. Gesh almost left Twice because of this very reason. One thing you could do is maybe just to ignore the assholes, they will always be there wherever you go. Leaving Dyso won't change anything it will just lead you to meet new assholes. But what leaving Dyso will do is cause utter chaos as you said. With the LoS disbanded thiefs will run around Chain PPing and Pking everyone, the assholes of dyso lets call them dont realize this. Here the Question of Mercy or Revenge arises. Do you show mercy on the AoD (assholes of dyso) and keep the LoS together, and protect them as well as the common good of dyso from harm? or do u leave and unleash a terror not even I could bring onto Dyso which would not only negativley effect the AoD but also the Common good, the people that have done nothing wrong. Falk i ask you not to leave. You are an inspiring and wise soul who has blessed dyso since Local Vault. I can still remember seeing 5 halflings running around in the pit setting traps, sneak attacking, and pping. ROGUES UNITE! youo would say. With the LoS. the supposed evil gone then what is going to happen? Individual rogues roam the streets kiling and pping everything they see. And what of the OSB and WR, the main opposers of the LoS. Well now they take power and what happens? they get corrupted and become the bad guys and no one is there to oppose them. Falk, if u need to maybe you should take a break from Dyso, or maybe you should appoint a kind of Deputy Guildleader to take control when your unavailable. Your efforts to create a better Dyso world have been a success. Dont let the Assholes of Dyso get u down! they are idiots, assholes, they dont know what they're talking about. But YOU do. YOU know what you have done, YOU and YOUR guildmembers know that without the LoS there would be horror.

These are tough times in dyso, for everyone, without gesh here theres no one to really build, develop, or solve problems pertaining to the mod itself. But we need to stick together through these times. Now it is more important than ever for Rogues to Unite, its more important than ever to have Honor Among Theives, its more important than ever to have the LEague of Shadows, and Most of all its more important than ever to have YOU, Falkhor MAlcontent, The greatest Thief to ever walk this island we call Dysotopia.

dont leave us Falk, and dont let the assholes get you down, they are idiots and they'll always be idiots, But you're not and you knwo what you've done and We all Want u to continue with it. Even the assholes do, though they dont realize this yet. PLease falk. dont leave.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor I didn't even care to read your post. I will refuse to let you leave.
I'll look you up in IRL and FORCE you back to Dyso icon_smile.gif
Anyhow, I think I speak for more rogues when I say that if Falkhor leaves (and Griff with him) we'll go BERSERK!!
Well, at least I will... I'll go berserk and annoy the hell out of everyone. I can do that without Falkhors leadership you know.

Anyway, Falkhor... STAY! icon_smile.gif
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falk, if you can't take the assholes anymore, I will take over the LOS together with griff if he agrees, but please stay, let us finish tuskandale and have some fun.

If you leave, I'll leave.
Akar
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 4 / 13 EXP: 4 / 13 EXP: 4 / 13
 30%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Falk Reply with quote

Your rep is honorable among those of us that matter. Many of my order know you keep all the rogues in check. I know those some of these rogue idoits have no idea about balance. I hope you reconsider and give it another try. If you do I have an idea of two.

RIP - Lt. Cmdr - Order of the Shining Blades
---Justice is sometimes at the edge of a blade---
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look how many people show support to you falkhor, look at how many do not want you to leave...everyone has sent long as hell posts and even multible posts to get you to stay, none of us want you to leave, and im pretty sure most of us have the upmost respect for you as a leader and as a person
BloodAngel
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16
 6%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think most of the people who like to point at you for all problems with rogues realize how bad it would be if you were'nt around. I would almost be willing to suggest releasing restraint on all in LoS and letting them see the truth icon_smile.gif It's just mind over matter... only pay mind to those who matter and not some pissed off lil person who is so totally oblivious that they can't see the reality of the situation. So it's really wether or not you can put the litlle people behind you or not. I say you should stay, i don't really no you but i am not blind to what you have done.

B icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Balkur
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19
 26%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an excellent idea BloodAngel. If Falkhor were to leave there are a few possible routes the politics of dyso could take.

One is total anarchy with so many rogues running rampant that it would be next to impossible for the other guilds to maintain order, and a lot victims could wind up packing it in after losing items that took forever to get the cash to buy.

Another possibility is the powers that be making the entire mod no pvp. Great. A social retirement club. Pass the tea? (This is the worst scenario IMHO. Just look at what happened to Kravenwood.)

Another possibility is the LoS disbanding and no evil at all. Again, great. A social retirement club. Pass the tea?

Give the whiners a taste of what may happen, Falk. Before its too late.
Balkur
PostSat 10/19/02 11:01pm
Its probably obvious but i should be explicitly clear that i am talking STRICTLY OOC in that last post.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSat 10/19/02 11:12pm
IF good takes power they will be corrupted, Power brings corruption and then the good just becomes evil again.  Reply with quote

XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorins got a point. It doesnt really matter if the "evil" LoS were disbanded and somehow the rogues just went away and did no evil any more. Whomever decided that they were the most powerful in dyso would just step up and assert their power. Evil will always be there where there is a possiblitiy for it thrive. Only making the entire mod no pvp would stop all player evil. And I too agree that doing so is the worst case scenario.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Falkhor and I have had our theoretical differences of opinion, I think I speak for several in saying I never wanted the guy to actually leave. I hope he would reconsider, but I can see where his frustration comes from and I can't say I really blame him for his angst right now.
METELHED
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With great power comes great responsibility and hardship.

Try to give it some time and think about it some before you make your decision.

You have a pretty large group with the most powerful skill in the game.

The Pickpocket!

There are going to be the unruly thieves that are stupid, and yes, you have to take responsibility for ALL of them. Maybe banning from within you guild? A seargent of arms who monitors gang activities.

Take er easy and try not to take all of this crap too personally.
Ogt
PostSun 10/20/02 5:41am
...  Reply with quote

Arniz
PostSun 10/20/02 1:03pm
....only imagine some guys like Red and Griff in the leaderrship of the Los.......
*Shuggle*

Greets
Amith

Nefiorim
PostSun 10/20/02 1:44pm
That wouldn't be worse than NO leadership icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostSun 10/20/02 3:09pm
ouch  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh... i hate it when people have their experience with gaming so horrible that they jsut stop, it's like they payed 50 bucks to be insulted

ignore the assholes that generalize rogues being assholes, we know it's just griff in peticular

if you leave i'll need to pass everyone some tea, red will get pissed off, he'll leave, and glorin will leave, since african doesnt' ever play he'll have no reason to, and i'll be forcedto return to a legit invul in pvp mods
the chaos will be extreme

i have no idea how this is supposed to be pursuasive, but don't leave
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Little Teapot
PostSun 10/20/02 4:12pm
i was just kidding about the griff thing, he knows he's my (counts on his fingers) 13th greatest hero  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: