DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Order of the Shining Blade Masquerade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dyso Quest Idea Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Order of the Shining Blade Masquerade Reply with quote

Alright, i'm going to make this pretty simple and straight to the point after one thing. That one thing is that I have no desire to anger any OSB members or appreciators of the OSB in any way by giving this quest idea. The OSB are simply ample targets to be impersonated.

List of things that are needed:

Three (3) level fifteen (15) NPC's wearing full plate with a matching helmet (take your pick, there's lots), boots of speed and will be weilding a Tower Shield that matches with the armor, and a bastard sword.

One of the NPC's will have a name (Torian Dussle, for instance), where the other two will be called "Bodyguard".

The three NPC's will:

The three NPC's will be standing in the Kravenwood Lowlands, or some other strategic location that is not inside a town but is still well-traveled, for instance the Crypts. They will be standing in a triangle formation, with the two bodyguards standing INFRONT of the named NPC.

The named NPC will ask that the adventurers give themselves up immediately, and that any resistance to them will be taken as a hostile action and reinforcement from the Order of the Shining Blade's inner circle of knights (PCs) will come to aid them in capturing the said victims. (Players inside the evet.)

Now, this depends on the player's reaction.

1. If the player's reaction is to go willingly, the OSB imposters will strip them of exactly 10,000 gold each (that's per PC) and proclaim that they are going to be let free. (Player Reaction -can-, but probably will not come off of this, however suggested response included for possible reaction)

2. If the player's reaction is to resist arrest through means of running, one of the bodyguards will chase them. (Optional: Named NPC gives a command for one of the bodyguards to follow them) It is up to the Player to get away from this point, and it is HIGHLY advised that they be allowed to escape or slay the bodyguard that is chasing them.

3. If the player's reaction is to resist arrest through means of combat, the named NPC and the bodyguards will be set to faction hostile, combat will follow and that will be the end. (If possible) On the bodyguard's corpses will be the armor, helmet, shield, sword and boots. If the first suggestion is not possible, then real members of the OSB (non inner-circle) will come and thank the players for stopping the named NPC, and reward them.

Reaction based on initial reaction one (Players go willingly, but...). If the players resent to pay and attack the guards, refer to possible reaction 3. If the players demand to be taken for their wrongs, meaning they have actually done something wrong, the named NPC will reassure them that their deeds will be compensated for if just a little bit more gold is taken to insure this. They will ask for 5,000 more gold from each member.

-------------------

If it is not desired by the DM using this idea for a quest to use a preset standard, then by all means do not. This is merely an idea for a quest, and is most welcome to be made larger or smaller as it is seen fit by the DM.

Sorry for any typos or gramatical errors.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't commonly double post, but this also works with the Druid's Circle or any other oragnization, for that matter. It would take a little more work for something like the Crimson Hand, especially with the overall action phase.
View users profile Send private message
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good altough in the meantime we could try it out as players. Contact me in-game if you want to try it. Nevermind I think it goes against the C.R.O.E. Not sure though, ill re-read.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha-ha, you're too late.

This has already been done as players, i've masqueraded as both the Druid Circle and the OSB many times.

It worked fairly well, so I am suggesting it as a possible DM event.

On a side note: Since I didn't make the position of Dungeon Master on Arkania (a story I wont tell if asked to), I plan to submit all of my DM quest ideas that I was going to do over there to perhaps be done here. I just don't want it all to go to waste just because I can't do it myself.

I wonder if Dungeon Masters even read this vault ...
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah im too late icon_sad.gif well keep up the good work either way, would love to see of player run events again.

[edit 1] i think there is only one dm left and hes probably really busy, so better pm.
[edit 2] damn im really staying up till too late, gotta hit the bed, laterz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dyso Quest Idea Vault All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: