DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ONE WORD STORY THREAD GUIDELINES

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> High Order of the Spammers
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: ONE WORD STORY THREAD GUIDELINES Reply with quote

Yes, I just got back from watching a movie and I found the One-word story thread to be a complete mess. You guys really do suck, you know that? I mean how hard can it be to do things properly in a thread called "ONE-WORD STORY THREAD"?

I just finished cleaning up the shit you did there. I replaced the blabber and the "one-million-words-typed-into-one" shit. Started on page 14, and went on to page 16. It's not very funny, but it fills it purpose. Which is to form a sentance where each member adds one word each.

Now to the new guidelines. (I hope, Glorin, that you don't mind me doing this without consulting you first, but I see it fit for me as the "forum-clean-upper" to do this anyway.)

1. The title One-Word Story Thread can't be that freakin' hard to understand, can it? It means you post one word and one word only. Typing together a hundred words so it looks like one is not the same thing.

2. Have the fucking sentance to make some sort of sense! The word you're adding to the thread MUST be so it can be read in that sentance without making it sound like some random ranting. A sentance like "Is with with when uber cranks brain" doesn't make any sense. A sentance like "When Sarah scratches her nuts she often does it while drinking beer" is OK. It might sound a bit weird, but it's atleast freakin' readable!

3. Do not post two times in a row. If you have contributed to the thread with your word, wait until someone else replies to yours before posting a new word. Otherwise you're screwing up the whole point with this thing.

4. If you, when you've added your word, feel like the sentance is completed there... add a single dot (.) to the end of your word. This clever little sign indicates the end of a sentance.

5. If you are replying to a word that ends with a single dot (.) this means that the former sentance is completed. And that means you are supposed to start on a new sentance. Not to continue on the former. And you do this by having the first letter of your word to be in capital.

6. When you have replied with your word, check it so it went in right. Sometimes when there's lots of traffic here, you might've been one second too slow on replying, and someone else beat you to it. And that causes the trouble of rule number 2. If something went wrong, make sure you edit your post ASAP so it makes sense again.

If you refuse to apply to these rules, and want to play mister funny-man and take a crap on me... I will kick your sorry, thong-embodied ass out of here quicker than you can say "Kindo is gay"!

Thank you and good night.

Last edited by Kindo on Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostTue 07/15/03 9:36pm
lol i had just mentioned the same thing to Z over MSN hehe..  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostTue 07/15/03 9:36pm
And now we have rules. Live with em or die.  Reply with quote

Sarah
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo emot-heartbeat.gif

You deserved a heart for using me as an example, you thread cleaner upper you.

Haha. Im a dork updown.gif
Kindo
PostTue 07/15/03 9:37pm
icon_smile.gif

Locking it, no need for replies.

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added rule number 6.

Quote:
6. When you have replied with your word, check it so it went in right. Sometimes when there's lots of traffic here, you might've been one second too slow on replying, and someone else beat you to it. And that causes the trouble of rule number 2. If something went wrong, make sure you edit your post ASAP so it makes sense again.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> High Order of the Spammers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: