DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Why are these forums still called DysoForums?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Maelstrom696969
PostWed 07/16/03 10:03pm
Especially since there's those two new threads in their own section up there, not really related to Dyso at all? Shouldn't they have their own URL?

Last edited by Maelstrom696969 on Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total

Kindo
PostWed 07/16/03 10:06pm
Yes, this is a highly important matter that needs to be taken care of ASAP. Image03.gif  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostWed 07/16/03 10:24pm
...because we want a new name first and we want people to tell us which one they want...(and calm down, you're gonna pop a vein...)  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostWed 07/16/03 10:30pm
Falkhor thats it, I DEMAND this be moved to the Spammers Forums  Reply with quote

MerchanT
PostThu 07/17/03 1:38am
This is probably the single least Spam post I've ever seen. If there's ever been a legitimate question asked at this place, this is it.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll calm down a bit, if what Falk is saying is that once a name is come up with, then all this Tuskandale and that other MOD's stuff is moved to a Forum area with that name. I know that it probably will be, which is good, especially since Dyso isn't really dead.

I guess I should have said the other thing that's on my mind, too, before posting all that:

It seems so strange to me that many of the former developers and DM's and general Administration of Dysotopia are so excited to have the rest of us on this/these new MOD/MODs.

Why is that, you might ask? Well, it's quite simple. Many of those people were, just a few short weeks ago, going on and on about how much the players of Dyso sucked, how our attitudes sucked, how they never got any thanks, how we were all a bunch of whiners, how we cried like babies all the damned time, etc. etc. They went so far as to suddenly do an unannounced vault wipe (fortunately with backup), DM kill almost each and every person playing once, and just plain say "I give up" and almost completely stop doing events.

Most if not all of them apologized, but they were steadfast in their belief that Dyso would have been fine if THE PLAYERS OF THIS COMMUNITY hadn't been so bloody hard to deal with.

And now they come to these forums not just advertising their new MOD(s), but even going so far as to create a whole separate thread section, asking the Dyso community for their input, and saying how they cannot wait for this to be such a huge success! I admit, they haven't actually said "we want you all to be a part of this" (I don't think), but it seems pretty damned obvious, IMHO, that they do indeed want THE PLAYERS OF THIS COMMUNITY to come on over to the new sandbox.

Now, I'm not trying to say that you guys (I am hoping you are reading this) are a bunch of two-faced wankers or anything, I'm just saying that it's really weird. If you were so fed up with us, why do you want us all on your new MOD? Do you really think people are going to change just because they're playing in a new place? No, that can't be it, because I know from being here so long and reading so many of your posts and talking with some of you that you're not idiots. Trust me, I'm extremely glad that you want us there, and as I've said before, I hope all goes well there!

I'm just curious as to why, suddenly, the players of this community aren't a problem anymore. Why is it suddenly Dyso itself that was the problem? I know that some of you have been talking about problems with Dyso for months, but not all. You were trying really, really hard to make Dyso work, and kept complaining that THE PLAYERS were making things bad. But I guess that's not really my point.

My point is, what is it you plan on doing in the new world to make this community behave better?
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I can handle this one. The answer is really right in front of you, if you'd read the posts instead of skimming for the funny parts. icon_wink.gif I dropped Dyso not because of the players. Yes, there was a small bit of... err... hate for a few, but that's not why I dumped it. I scraped it because, bluntly, I was not happy with BriHurley's attitude about the mod and the progression of it. And you of all people should now how he felt about our forward movement (by we, I mean Glith, myself, and Conrad.) I won't get into specifics, because basically, I don't need to. You of all people already know the answer to that question.
As for using these forums for the new mod's benefit, I think I can answer this as well. Because this site is generously paid for by and maintained by Fooz. As far as I know, it has been since the forums were started last September. And if you'll notice, he's on the new world developement team. Corrilation? Nah. icon_rolleyes.gif Once a suitable name has been picked for the world, I'm pretty sure that the site will change in name. But until that time...
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

1. Yes, of course I knew that with Fooz being on the team that that was probably the reason why these initial threads were put here. But I thought they'd remain under dysotopia.com/tusk or something else new, not just mishmashed into the Dyso Forums proper. But hey, this was the easiest way to do it, so why not, right? No prob.

2. Yes, I do have a good idea about "the why's" of some of what I mentioned (I hope your knowledge of that isn't from reading my PM's, but if so, oh well), but I don't like to assume things. Also, I wanted to bring all that to light so that anyone else wondering these things could get an explanation, also. Sorry if you take that as "drawing you out" or whatever - no underhandedness was intended.

Think I'll tone down the title of this thread, now that it's gotten proper attention.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tend not to say too much these days ... but I'll say this in reponse to Maelstrom's commentary ... which was, in my view, very astute on his part ...

Why IS it that suddenly the whiners and crybabies are no longer the whiners and crybabies but are, instead, designers and helpers and scripters and what not? Damn good question.

Few reasons, really ... the most of which I will chalk up to progress and change as opposed to sitting still with the same-old-same-old. The prospect of something new and different will do wonders for the collective outlook of many people.

That said ... speaking purely for myself, I never bought into the concept of "player designed module" or even "strongly suggested by the players module." Never did, never will ... too many Chiefs and not enough Indians as the old saying goes. It's great to see the desire to help with so many but facts are facts ... not everyone who wants to help will be able to help. Some may have to help in a way different than they expected, some may find they are not needed to help at all.

Sure ... everyone can always drop their views and comments on issues and what not so that their voice is heard. I'll be upfront and honest with everyone, however, I have my way of doing things and while I can work with a team focused on a goal, I do not like having a pack of barking dogs nipping at the collective heels about this or that. There are several people I tune out from the start because, basically, I decided they are a waste of my time. Stripped free of working within "dysoculture," I am more at liberty to ignore those whom I am no longer "contractually obligated" to be nice to. I always try to be polite, but I look forward to the answer on some things now being "Because we said so" rather than trying to get into an involved discussion where somebody tries to tell me what we think and why we think it.

As I told someone else not long ago ... my involvement with this project is strongly correlated to how much it aligns to the way I want to see it done. I am willing to compromise on this or that, but there are somethings I won't compromise on. Falk has had his moments of playing the 900 pound gorilla in the china store ... and now this is mine. I fully expect some to say "we don't need Conrad, so let's get him out now" and if that is the general view, then let's get it over with now because there's other places I can spend my creative time.

Some may be insulted by these comments, some may think me arrogant and pompous, some may view it as some egomania at work ... and some of these factors may all have some truth to them ... but I'll be upfront about it. I will NOT get into another situation where I invest huge amounts of time into something that ends up being a case of "Well I don't know what he's doing, it's not official, we have the official stuff here." Oh no no no ... Godzilla won't play like that again.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an addendum ...

"Conrad, that was an extremely pompous stand to make on the whole thing."

My answer to that ...

"Yes, it was ... and I make no apologies for it."
M-K
PostFri 07/18/03 2:08am
Youre WRONG Conrad !!!!..you sound more like me every day.Me like yer thinking very sound.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: