DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Halfling Productions Proudly presents..

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Halfling Productions Proudly presents.. Reply with quote

We of tha Help a Halfling Foundation
are extremely proud to announce...
tha First part in a long line of a Great and Exciting adventure series...

we invite you all...to join with us in tha adventure..
this masterpiece of theatre and play will be held in tha Elerina East theatre hall...
bring your friends and family...
dates and times will be announced shortly...

this will be an extremely Formal occasion...

please come dressed to impress...
any of those not in their best attire shall be turned away at tha door...

please dont flood this with questions...everything you need to know will be announced shortly...but for now...just spread tha word
this will be a night to remember...sumthin they wil be talking about for years to come!!!
you dont want to miss it
View users profile Send private message
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is dedicated to the OOC discussion regarding the upcoming musical.

Yes, musical. I have written three songs for it so far, and there may be as many as 5 or 6 when I am done. This will be a legitimate production, and I would like to ask for the cooperation of all those who wish to be involved and/or in attendance. I would also like to ask if any DM's would like to assist with this musical by providing unseen effects that will enhance the visual aesthetics. If any of you are interested, please send me a message.

The basic premise of the script is done, but I am still working on some of the lines. This will be a musical in three acts, and should last 30-45 minutes. There will be two showings so that if you cant make one, hopefully you can catch another. I may also need a volunteer to act out a part, but I am not for certain yet. If youre interested in acting out a part, and will not be a jackass with it, send me a message.

As always...details TBA. Ill give a couple days notice when I am finished and have the cast in order.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC - Hard to believe that would have been, or was, one of the last player events.

Did it go well? Full house?

Or did it ever even happen?

Supposing, of course, that any of you will actually answer such things.
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC-- No, I scrapped it. Nobody seemed interested in doing it. It really is tough to have a decent play/musical with only two players. In addition, Dyso was un-hosted (hows that instead of dead/etc...?) before the day of the show. I was fully prepared to act this thing out with one other person to an audience of empty benches, but as it were, the un-hosting saved me from wasting a couple weeks work of script writing (not coding...icon_smile.gif) and songwriting. I still have it (because frankly, I think its a damn good piece of work) and if the proper elements fall into place, I may resurrect it on the current/new mod. I take my poetry/lyrics very seriously, so I hope yall dont think I was just blowing smoke about actually having this event.

If there is a Theatre in Entaril (thats what I voted for), then... perhaps I can find some interest and have this event. Maybe they will shut off XP gain so the players will have nothing else to do than come see a show. What do yall think of that? A night off? An evening at the show? Anyone? Beuhler?

edit: if anyone needs confirmation of my musical ability...check out my old site www.angelfire.com/oh/sepspage and d/l the song 257, music and lyrics copyright me (c)1998

edit II: that isnt me singing.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc - Well Sep, Dysotopia never had a high taste for the artistic natured sort of things.

Pity it didn't get off the ground, still weeping over the unhosted Dysotopia, missing it more and more along with lots of others.

Your idea for a theatre in the new mod and shutting off XP displeases me greatly, as none of my character have any taste in artistic things. But I guess I could make one if I was forced to do something away from the usual leveling. Also, a way to go see it is "WILL GIVE FREE LEVEL AND EQUIPMENT TO ALL WHO COME," and don't give it.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Nightingale theater in merchant warren, sep. It will eventually have a Director's tool allowing you to set up sound, placables and possibly npc actors to set the stage for your own plays instead of the jodeling gnome that is now on stage. I can clear out the jodeling gnome now, if you're interested in setting up shop over there.
Grusk
PostSat 07/19/03 9:34am
Hehe, Falk, got a question: What isn't in the merchant's warren on Tuskan?  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merchant warren was set up as the city centre in a lot of ways so it's not surprising you'll find a lot things located there. Temples though will mostly be in the temple warren and noble houses and mage academy in the Noble quarter. The Hive was set up to be Tuskandale's ghetto and will have quite a few low level quests in the future. The docks were staged as the starting point for the mod, though this will probably be shifted to a more centralized spot for making shopping easier and adding the only non pvp area in the mod, the inn, as starting location. With that the docks will be another lowlevel area
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low level areas are all good, but what about levels lower by sense of height?

Where the hell are these merchants being tossed? Cobbler graves? I've yet to see a true tomb or wealthy burial site.
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
Check out the Nightingale theater in merchant warren, sep. It will eventually have a Director's tool allowing you to set up sound, placables and possibly npc actors to set the stage for your own plays instead of the jodeling gnome that is now on stage. I can clear out the jodeling gnome now, if you're interested in setting up shop over there.

No rush. I need to start a new bard and build him up to where he has a decent amount of songs per day. And that is probably the 3rd character I am going to try. Sep the rogue is always first. Then it depends on what is/isnt in the mod. I have an idea for a character named "Meeka" and I dont think anyone else has tried it. Coming soon to a mod near you. and... the kicker is she will be of good alignment... whoa...*surprised face*
Grusk
PostTue 07/22/03 2:09pm
Mmm ... bards .. try Glorin's bard/wizard/harper combo. It's in the gallery somewhere.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: