DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of those suggestions.

The Teleport Spells you can get a script for off nwnvault.ign.com.

Scrying would be very awsome. A way to do it could be to Cast a "Scrying" or "Greater Scrying" spell and then have a message sent to you about what the player is doing. EX: Sean is fighting a Troll Beserker in Shadow Forest, Jake is sitting around in (city name).

Wild Magic items are easy. A class I suppose you could do, but wouldn't it just be a normal mage that gets wild magic spells 3-5 times a day at certain levels?

There are Wild/Negate Magic placeables that affect areas on NWVault.

Shadow Weave sounds fun, the Cooperative Casting would be awsome. You could even add it to Tradeskills so while one person is making an item mages could cast spells at it and those spells would be imbedded in the item. (That'd take a lot of scripting but it would be awsome!)

Mages Acadamy= awsome
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of wild magic, however we need to alter it on one way like it was in the original PNP - It needs to get a random target, INCLUDING the caster. Wild mages could often kill themselves with a misfired spell.

The anti/ProMagic zones is genius, as is skills getting more used, unused spells getting used more, and the coopertive spell casting is awesome.

Teleporting i kind of disagree with..i don't like the idea of someone traveling away, it leaves too many options like if he is about to die, teleport away...teleport out of a cave with no exit (like the gloth sentry cave from dyso), teleport away from anassassin, or to help a friend who was pped/attacked...just allows too many unanswered questions.

Scrying is also funny for me...the ability to scry is more a mage ability than an assassins...so i'd say it should be placed on an item that must be worn(by the way, that part was golden too, i hate usable items in a bag besides wands) by the assassin to use the spell. Once per 24 hours like the osb item was. Don't want people abusing this..
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild/Null Magic Placeables

Teleportation Spells/Items
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick clarification for what I was thinking of, to respond to Foo.

Teleportation and similar spells (e.g. dimension door) have been part of a mage's list for most, if not all editions of D&D. The ability to teleport away from a dangerous situation is definintely part of the uses of this spell, and even explicitly written into some spell descriptions. However, teleportation for the most part is not perfect and the caster has a chance to teleport into the wrong location. icon_twisted.gif

I understand your concerns, especially on teleporting out of Gloth sentry, but those issues might be scriptable. That's why I suggested teleport scrolls be rare -- say found on some boss monster or from DM events.

Also, I wasn't very clear about the assassin example.icon_redface.gif What I meant to say was that an assassin could work with a mage. But, the scrying ability could be used for a lot of other characters and purposes. I really had the pnp version of scrying in mind when I suggested it. In addition to your thoughts about the 24 hour limit, the scrying ability might require a vessel, such as a mirror, as per pnp. Another fun idea might be that scrying is only possible in a magical pool of scrying, that isn't so easy to get to, or perhaps guarded someone who demands a fee to use it. Also, per pnp, the target of scrying has a chance to detect the scry attept, so they could easily move out of the area, set ambushes, etc. Further, if you implement it like pnp, scrying requires both the spell as well as a skill check.
Z
PostMon 07/21/03 8:37pm
You forgot the druids!!!! and clerics!! I call for Divine and Arcane Magic Combos..  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a hopeless post and is basically a spam fest on things everyone wants but are so far in the future that they will never be added. icon_smile.gif
Maelstrom696969
PostMon 07/21/03 9:46pm
We have GOT to have toilets.  Reply with quote

Z
PostMon 07/21/03 10:24pm
I was being serious... druids always get left out :[. I recall for Divine/Arcane Magic Combos.  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z wrote:
I was being serious... druids always get left out :[. I recall for Divine/Arcane Magic Combos.

I wasn't refering to your post - in a few days(week, maybe), this post has grown to 5 pages...and it is all about stuff we will never add, or way in the future. Reminds me of Arkania boards - the Items you wish were in the game forum...totally useless to the mod right now....imo, anyway.
CattiBrie

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe to get idea's rolling, but it has gone a little ways off topic yes.

we have more than enough ideas to last for a long time to come, maybe this should be locked for now and re opened later on when the current stuff is completed icon_question.gif
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps what we should do is not comment on other's ideas in this forum, perhaps just make your post on ideas and leave the replies out or pm or something.
Maelstrom696969
PostTue 07/22/03 5:33pm
Good idea, 'foo.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: