DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Just curious...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> State of the World
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Sep
PostMon 08/04/03 3:46pm
Is the one character restriction still in place?  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostMon 08/04/03 3:49pm
Right now yea but lifting it during the test phase i think, so next upload.  Reply with quote

Sarah
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they still have it. Which is the reason I dont play on Dyso/Har-Rhun anymore icon_wink.gif
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. Been racking my brain with one of my new character builds...

Its tough to balance a weakly designed character with viability.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah wrote:
Yeah they still have it. Which is the reason I dont play on Dyso/Har-Rhun anymore icon_wink.gif

Har-Rhun doesn't have it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want glowy swords and terrible roleplay and all that shit, all for the sake of being uber, go to a server that promotes terrible roleplay and all that shit...it's called Arkania.

Okay, let me first point out that I cleary said that I don't give a crap about myself, but once again, like i said before, "I personally don't give a shit." So... apparently you've both still got this.... mental blockage in your mind thinking that I care about that myself.... well, get over it. I don't. I'm simply trying to help. And regardless of whether the item is uber or not, if it GLOWS people like it! I know, its silly, its sad, but its TRUE!

And secondly...

Quote:
I'm never gonnna buy the "uberness for individuality" argument.

Well there you have it. Did you ever get off of your arrogant, blinding, self-centered chair and think about OTHER people? Not just yourself? Maybe if you do, you might just break the 5 player at a time record so far on your module. icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want glowy swords and terrible roleplay and all that shit, all for the sake of being uber, go to a server that promotes terrible roleplay and all that shit...it's called Arkania.

I play on Arkania- and FYI, the roleplay there is not as bad as you think. Most people who have never been on Arkania judge it from rumors. There are so many quests- so many things to do when there is no one to RP with. When there is someone to RP with, they RP quite well- they have large battles, personal conflicts... everyone is 'included' in some way or another- which I find rather fulfilling. No one focuses on leveling much, which is why every evening there is a large gathering of people socializing; its fun, and it keeps you busy. So please, stop flaming Arkania- its a good server with good people. You're entitled to your own opinon, but please tone it down a bit.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Balkur
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19
 26%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And regardless of whether the item is uber or not, if it GLOWS people like it! I know, its silly, its sad, but its TRUE!

Precisely. And thats a good reason to restrict them. If you have to really work to get one, and everyone in town also has a glowy theres nothing at all special about it. Same holds with prestige classes. Whats prestige about a town where EVERYONE'S a shadowdancer?

Quote:

Well there you have it. Did you ever get off of your arrogant, blinding, self-centered chair and think about OTHER people? Not just yourself? Maybe if you do, you might just break the 5 player at a time record so far on your module. icon_biggrinno.gif

Now THAT is uncalled for. If you don't like how someone is designing a mod, then thats too bad for you. Go out and build your own and you might have a different perspective on how people "should" and "should not" set up the gamerules on what they create. Why do some players think that they are somehow entiltled to make demands or even have a say in how someone else builds something? Find a different server if you don't like it but don't bitch at the builders because they haven't properly catered to your tastes.
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not. I'm just bitching at him because I offered my opinion and he totally insulted me. That's why I'm pissed.

Sorry. I won't drag this on anymore.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
PostTue 08/05/03 10:21am
The best way to point out the inherent sillyness of your statement was to use a good dose of sarcasm. It wasn't a personal insult.  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Find a different server if you don't like it but don't bitch at the builders because they haven't properly catered to your tastes.

Fox knows what he's talking about- you need a target audience- you need to design for the public, not yourself, otherwise you'll find that you'll be the lone person in the module.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS soon as you shelf out 500 bucks a month for me to design you a mod build for the public, otherwise i'm building it for myself, with the aid of those who share and add to that vision. Basically the Cobar team chose to make the new mods more roleplay oriented, tougher, harder, more difficult to get your glowy weapons. If people don't like it i'm sure we'll find enough people who do.
You have any clue how frustrating it can get to make a mod while your comp crashes the toolset about every 10-15 minutes? If i didn't make the mod for myself i would have chucked the project ages ago.
I think Conrad said something to the same extend. You have some say in the matter, suggestions are listened to, we ant to hear all your ideas and discuss their merits but it's no democracy really. We are making this mod for us and then hope you'll find the endresult interesting to try out.Those who want to roleplay through using glowy swords will likely feel cheated, those like a slightly more "realistic", gloomier, character oriented mod will find what they want in Tuskan and Har-Rhun.
You'll find items, areas and suggestions you made in there but ultimately we as designers make the final decisions.
View users profile Send private message
GorbGuy
PostTue 08/05/03 4:45pm
Ok, this went from constuctive comments to a pissing fest.
Locky locky

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> State of the World All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: