DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Return of the Melee Tournament!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Uin
PostFri 05/23/03 10:42pm
When tourneys start restricting equipment, thats when they go downhill. Regen is about the only thing that should be banned.  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostFri 05/23/03 10:47pm
Why?  Reply with quote

Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does this mean no armor as well? What about attack feats (such as barbarian rage, knowkdown, power attack, etc.)? Does no buffs mean no belts, rings, amulets, bracers, etc.? How would one know if, for instance, bracers of dexterity are being used?

To be fair, we'll be determing the winner based on overall performance in the three tests... A Race, Armed Combat and Unarmed Combat.

That should balance it out and level the playing field a bit between the 'barbarian monk' types that'll rule unarmed, and the uber Fighters that have worked hard to assemble the right combination of Rings, amulets and armor to rule the world... icon_smile.gif

As far as Attack skills and feats - those are considered natural parts of the warrior - it'd be no different than a boxer that has spent years learning how to throw the perfect left/right/uppercut combination. So - as far as I'm concerned, rage, knockdown, power attack, stunning fists (if it's in the game - I'm not sure... ) etc would be allowed.

Thanks!

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kin
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds fun i never saw the original test of champions. But count me in for the final battle. How about this though as an alternative...after th contest have a race to say kangerlaugh and in the minotaur area there is a chest in the chest is a key...the key opens a chest in eleriina....anything goes race to the key and back..the key will drop from a dead charecters hand so anybody can kill another to get the key.
icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif
Gorpie
PostSat 07/05/03 5:04pm
lol.

Makes me laugh that does

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when hash had a tourney where harts armor was allowed everything wne to tl hell icon_sad.gif good thing we dont have that problem now tho!
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehehe I win

On the race thing, it wouldn't work all that well because people have different loading times, and the dude with the fastest processor wins. The old tournaments ran fine. BUT! Make sure you stamp the rules into the heads of the competetors. Sometimes i wasn't too clear and sometimes people blatently broke the rules. It seemed like a matter of common sense to me. Hey, I would gladly run the tournaments for say, 200k every week.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have the Glory of Suffering armor. Yes it's ten times as lame as the heart armor! 15 slashing, 10 piercing, 15 bludgeon resist, ac 4. I saw someone wearing it today and even a strength 50 monster could barely make a dent in it, just plain moronic...
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostWed 07/09/03 4:32pm
falkhor......ten times as lame? add 5 resist to the piercing and u have harts armor...atleast now arrows can slightly dent.  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostWed 07/09/03 4:36pm
oke not ten times as lame but still pretty darn moronic. IMO armor shouldnt have more than one resist but that's just me...  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you and everyone else, hopefully with Dyso Rebuilt we won't have this problems..

hey atleast its not as bad as some servers where its SV and possible to make yourself invulnerable...but then again u don't just buy those items outta a shop icon_confused.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 resist?!?!
thats sissy resistance, man

have u seen a witch king deal 100 damage and over 200 on criticals??
holy smokes!!
Jon316

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. but I've done a 293 damage critical in Dyso 2.x with the toughest bitch to ever walk the land.

Top that in any Server Vault game, and that was when the Attack Bonus was capped before SoU.
Celestial_Evil
PostWed 07/09/03 10:48pm
The damage resistance will sure present a problem, most people cant deal more than 30 of damage in a hit.  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piercing resist is the most sensitive becuz most piercing weapons arent as strong as say a battleaxe or greatsword.

I remember back in 2.xa my lgog archer couldn't damage anyone with harts armor on because of the dmg resistance....
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
zak_fel
PostWed 07/09/03 11:47pm
thats becoz arrows typically deal very little damage

i think only the arcane archer's +5 enchantment damage will up the damage

zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who says we cant deal more than 30 damage a hit?? icon_wink.gif

you've obviously havnt seen Jon or myself in action...i think Jon did more damage than me... icon_evil.gif
Grusk
PostTue 07/22/03 2:11pm
Let's redo this local vault style.

Anyone with me?

Maelstrom696969
PostTue 07/22/03 3:42pm
YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I have the module created, now all we do is host it and make it Local Vault for some power lamage tournies.

Red Hashmeer's tournaments shall live!
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Eleriina All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: