DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

So, what's everyone up to?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: So, what's everyone up to? Reply with quote

These forums have been so inactive recently, mainly because everyone's moved on to something else. So I've made this thread to see who's still here, and what games/module they are currently playing.

I'll start the ball rolling:

Since dyso went down, I've been scripting a bit for Tuskan, but most of my efforts have gone into Har-Rhun. I'm not currently playing any other modules, though I did pop into dyso earlier which is something I haven't done since July. Soon I'm hoping either Tuskan, Har-Rhun, Cobar or new Dyso will rise up and get a great community that old Dyso once had. I don't like it this quiet on the forums.
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep here. I have mostly been on Arkania. Its easy, no hassle levelling, with easily gained uber equipment. Sometimes there is even decent roleplay. I dont see a point in spending the time that i am waiting for Cobar... on a HCR/ATS mod to have a character that i put so much work into, just to scrap him when everything is ready here.

I have also been working on stuff for my bioware guild, the shadow thieves. We are trying to find a PW to play on, and the guy that was building one for us to use is without an ISP so we indefinatley suspended there. We have another guildmember's mod that uses a rogue reputation and skills chart. It is really a nice mod but its really only geared to Rogue-ish type characters. It would take a lot more building and scripting to make it into a public PW type mod.

Ive been doing a little bit of area building in the toolset: brothels and taverns. icon_mrgreen.gif
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was on vacation and came back with a big urge to permanently move to tenerife and very little motivation to play NWN or actually build anything (planned on launching my server around now). I guess if I'd live there I wouldn't touch a computer in my spare time at all. Motivation to play came back, even though mostly because of the fact that there's not much to do in the nights during the week, germans go to sleep early icon_wink.gif I'm more or less regulary on Greycouncil Open: Greyhawk, as this was my homeserver before it went down and I focused on Dyso. I'll be back on Har-Rhun eventually, though if Greyhawk stays online this time, I'll probably split my time between these two servers.
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... well let's see. Other than the fact that everyone knows I play Planetside quite often (I've actually reduced it drastically from what I was playing it), I have kind of been leaning more towards console games right now than anything else. I have school starting (sophomore year in college) in about 4 days and I am getting things ready for that. Been playing a lot of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour for the gamecube, playing Legend of Dragoon, Pokemon Sapphire, and brushing up a bit on the Neverwinter SOU campaign, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and last but not least, a little bit of dungeon siege here and there! icon_biggrinno.gif

I have been looking for a good module... most of which I haven't found. Good ones that I *sometimes* pop in on but usually don't play for more than an hour are City of Arabel and Anaphillia. But they both bore me very fast. I just tested out the Cobar module yesterday and it is REALLY kicking ass! I haven't found a module this good since dyso! icon_wink.gif I can't wait until its finished!

Other than that, I'm still and will be always around. I'm moving back to my parents house on September 30, and I am not 100% positive if I can get cable modem there (which will unfortunately determine the effects and path of my life icon_wink.gif) so... otherwise, if you need me, message me!

foxboytails@hotmail.com (Email and MSN)
FoxBoy Tails (AIM)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on Greyhawk mostly, but I haven't been playing nearly as much as I did when I played Nei and Lilly on Dyso. Although I haven't been recently I used to play on Y's server, which seemed pretty fun, just nobody to play with. I've also followed Tae to one called Dragon's Fall which is pretty cool. Kinda like dyso 2.x, but more quests and stuff. I also tried Arkania, but it just didn't do much for me. Anyhow, that's where I've been.

-Eric
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see...

There is school.... not much to tell there.

Xbox.... bought Ghost Recon: Island of Thunder, Great game on Xbox Live.

Civ3: Play the World, got it off Kazza. Playing around with that and Mplayer with me brothers. NwN had some kind of critical error today, fixed it, without the help of those Arkanians, which I think there hak pak caused the problem icon_evil.gif

City of Arabel, glad to see people dont find it fun no more icon_twisted.gif Banning me was the biggest mistake of there puny little lives. icon_twisted.gif I may have lost the battle, but I have clearly won the war! -cheers and does a little dance-

Hopeing to see EVERYONE on New Dyso. Why did we name it Cobar anyway? We should have just called it New Dyso. Said dyso was hit by a meter or soemthing....((wait just remmbered, dyso isint gone yet.... icon_redface.gif )) but anway. Time to study, got two test and a quiz tommorow. The joys of school.
Conrad Hollows
PostFri 08/22/03 2:12am
We won't call it new Dyso because Dyso still exists.  Reply with quote

guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been developing/DM'ing/playing with friends on Dragon's Fall. Other than that, mostly spending time with my wife, playing guitar, and preparing to go back to school for a graduate degree icon_cool.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thanks for the comment Nei! We've put a little bit of time into Dragon's Fall (about a month) and It's really developed quite nicely. We are currently working on adding the fine little details right now to make it an even better playing experience. For those who are curious we have 90+ maps and a little over 15 quests.

I haven't been anywhere except for our own mod, but if Dyso were to make a comeback I'm sure we would all split our time there too.

Thanks for the post Griff...I've been curious what everyone has been up too...I miss the community that we all shared.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hanging...just got back from Holland. Other than that I just play videogames. School starts tomorrow. Will try to do something useful of my education this time. I will also try to get two jobs, and my driver's license. Lots of work this year...
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting off the computer more and more. Still DMing on Arkania when I can find people roleplaying, and do events for those people. Making items with haks for different modules too. Working on my own module with friends in my remaining time...

I am hosting a road trip for everyone at my place in Houston, Texas. Officially it is an Arkania Road Trip, but since so many Dyso players are there I am hoping that I see a few Dyso peeps there too. It starts on Friday, October 31st and goes thru Sunday November 2nd. Off to a haunted house Friday night then, Halloween party at my place. Saturday after hangover recovery we are off to the Texas Renaissance festival for the day. I think it will be a lot of fun. Try to come if you can.

Random Meaningless information: Got really bored one day and took the kids roller skating... they still do that. It is the local kid hang out, just like when I was a kid. Guess things don't change much after all. They liked it so much I bought them their own skates and signed them up for lessons...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
After Dyso went boom, I playtested Tuskan for a while, then bounced to Y's server and Arkania, and am now on Dragon's Fall now. And strangely, real life is not cooperating recently. Worst piece is that my upstairs neighbors let water seep down and flood my bathroom/bedroom. cussing.gif
Drudo Wisto
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wuuh waah, bidibing bang bang ! It's been ages since my last post, and that is due to the fact that I'm in the Finnish army now icon_razz.gif

I've been here for 7 weeks, and I've got about 320 days left, and it drains the juices out of me. Haven't been able to play practicly nothing during my weekend vacations.
I mainly wanted to say hello to everyone I've played with during Dyso and other servers, it's been fun and all ! icon_wink.gif Maybe next summer I'll have the time to start playing, after being releaved of duty icon_rolleyes.gif

C'ya all !
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a good time meeting several people from dyso this summer, met solo, met shadowcore. Had a blast when Kindo spend some time over at my place. Now preparing to meet up with Fooz and Heather over in america, going off on a looong flight in only 5 days, first time in an airplane... Cleaned out and repainting my house. Haven't done altogether much on Tuskan the past few weeks but when i'm over in america maybe we'll see some fast progress. In any case barring grizzly bears, sandstorms, falling while trying to climb a redwood tree or running into a local gang I should be back in about 1.5 months.
Cu all online.
View users profile Send private message
Raven
PostTue 08/26/03 12:18am
I've gone back to playing Counter-Strike, rediscovered how many FUCKING RETARDS are playing that, and gave up on gaming altogether.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: