DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Oh well,memeories

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
RedStorm
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Oh well,memeories Reply with quote

Since dyso is diging its grave now days,lets all bring up happy memories,of once the best of best mods we ever played...
Mine:
My first time in dysotopia,i remeber looking in people with shiny wepons with so much admire thorwards them,and great wizzys,back in the day where there was still RP "mood"... il never froget the first time i met ogt as well... ;.;

im gonna miss you all,really,thank you for this great half year
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if all goes to plan, everyone will meet up again on Cobar.... atleast they better! cussing.gif

As for my best experiance.... hmmmmm.... this ones hard.

First loging on after playing City of Arabel and being banned ((Which by the way! Was the biggest mistake they ever made!)) and seeing a guy get zapped by lightning and die. That just hooked me, I had to see more players fryed by lightning.

Exploreing, exploreing a module is always fun, as long as there is stuff to find. Monters to fight.

Haveing all my new friends killed by ogres, then growing from level I forget to around level 8-10.

Begging the friendly dyso people for enogh to buy a Desert Wind +3. Which I never got to use T_T

Being attacked by a angry drow. Killing her, then talking in tells about how to give her a better chance at killing Norrec, then haveing her die again a day or so later, then being killed by her Orc friend in the arena, after a grand battle!

Every other time Norrec died, or got down to 1 hp being chaced by ogres with no poitions and not enogh time to cast heal, and yet somehow he managed to live.

That Druids Guild quest where we all died to a Balor.

When Norrec won the Poem telling contest at that fair.

What the heck, EVERY time on dyso was great. Except at the end when everyone was walking around talking about doomsday or down in the crypts.

I hope Cobar is as good as dyso, maybe even better!
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah,i wish i was at the fair,to see my own creation at least >_> well my idea,but thanks for tae for keeping it<3
I hope one day we will all play again in cobar,til that day ;-;
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here it goes... I think I'm gonna write a long story here...

The first day I bought NWN I started with Multiplayer and not Singleplayer... I clicked on the first best server and played for a while.... when I was more familiar with the controls and interface, I headed to a place called Dysotopia... it was fun since I got nice equipment and started at level 5.... yet I missed something and headed to Anphillia where a friend was playing....

I played there for quite some months and I made alot of good friends there, and ( in my own opinion ) was one of the major roleplayers. The day came that I was banned from that place by a good friend of me called Sabrina... (perhaps you know her.. lol) Hmm, I got angry... tried to get back.... but well, without any response really.

I headed to Dyso when I calmed down and spoke with.... a great guy and we killed some creatures together... I helped him and saved his life... he came back with his female sorceress and showed me the crypts... the spiders... the trolls and everywhere I now know I think.... she helped me to become level 19 and that was also the highest level I ever reached in NWN so far.

I was really enjoying my stay on DYso.... I made it to level 20 and created a new character, after having a few friends who helped me with training in return of some coin.... I made many characters, and killed many creatures.

It was a boring day on dysotopia when I noticed someone logging in... someone.... I had seen before. It was Sabrina... a great friend, but also the person who banned me from Anphillia. I spoke with her, and I never got it straight but I think she didnt mean to ban me.... soon more people from Anphillia arrived... all good friends of me, and finally I felt Dysotopia was my home.

I trained my friends as hard as I could, and used up all my money to buy them equipment, together with an elf named Tae I trained all of them... Tae soon became one of my most trusted friends ever. After a long time on dyso, Sabrina and I we're... 'in a relationship' as you could say... though I never guessed that would happen. Those days were very nice and I had alot of fun just being around and buying her gifts.... but it couldnt stay like that, Sabrina isn't like that... she had to find better, go higher... and left Dysotopia...

I was glad I met a girl named Seanna Storm who later became my love. Ever since Sabrina left... and dragged more of my friends from Dyso.. it became boring... and suddenly.. there was the wipe... Thats when I knew, Dyso would never ever, be the same again.... but yet, I never stopped thinking of it as my home.

I travelled since those days from one server to another... I lost Seanna during that period... and havent spoken her since ( the rumor goes she's in Anphillia now, which I can't enter... ) I miss her dearly... and so do I miss the old times.

But I know that making a mod takes a lot of time... and can get very confusing at times... I know, because I made my own mod... and am trying to do this again... I wish to return to everyone, what Dyso gave to me... 'A great time'......
Perhaps another thanks to the creators for making the mod so cool... or perhaps I should just smile, and wait untill I can return what was given to me.
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin,that story was great,it reflects so much of what i see dysotopia as.
i remeber dyso in the good days,the bad days,dyso was a part of me icon_smile.gif
but every good thing has to end,so much happned when i left to darkages,and im sorry i left,who knows...
thanks shin for telling us that story:) it sure makes me think about dyso alot:)
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like telling another story:
thehe,this was with my 'ol wizard,not much knew him,thehehe,i think only kindo MAY remeber him. well,there we were me and ogt at el,messing around when ogt of course gets drunk,kindo jailed him icon_sad.gif then i did a small jail visit,asked if i chould join him at the cell for a few,kindo of course openes the cell,and me and ogt run around the jail freely icon_biggrin.gif yes,that was fun icon_smile.gif
Norrec
Hero

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why were you banned Shin2k? I was banned for... what I think of... as Roleplaying my Mastermind of evil drow. Since everyone else is telling a story I will tell a story.

It was a calm, dark, night in North Carolina. I had been playing NwN and City of Arabel for about 3 months. Norrec had died out from a mass beating from the Arabelian Population for.... 'dislikeing' halflings.(( cussing.gif blasted little runts )) Kentri his long lost brother had been forgotten, and there was a new drow in town. Khadgar Evileyes. Master of evil, drow, wizard. Now, never playing a drow, I thoght, as I had been made to think, that they were evil. Khadgar quickly boght a full suit of mage robes, a helemt, and gloves. A two fellow "Moon Elves" were quickly met and we started our evil plots. Yes yes, I loved my evil plots. The imaginary look of the player on the other side of the character when we unmasked and beat him. Profits were low, risk were high. We needed a challange. So I got us a female human ranger. I lured her into the forest and we attacked. SHe ran, got away, and we hid in a house for the nest 3 hours. Khadgar left the house, we split up. One drow went to help 7 others who were being beaten, he died. They left, and Khadgar went to meet up. We came up with a plan, and I lured in a victim. -silence- It was a wonderfull plan! THe victim came in, the slaves played slaves, the slave owner played a slave owner, and the victim lay knocked out in the end.

Now, the problem is, that in CoA. THey had a new rule that only level 5+ could leave Sparring mode. So we couldnt really 'kill' them. So we asked the victim for gold. He gave us one, then after a bit of silence and beating him, he gave us one. Now, I knew he was sending tells to the local War Wizard to come get us. Then, out of no where! a strange man walks out from around the corner, not the war wizard, and looking a bit greedy. We told him to leave, he didnt. We gave him the two coins and said to leave. Then he left, stoped, and started runing away. "Scater!" everyone runs randomly about the map trying to get somewhere to hide. The war wizard get theres. Two of us are slain, me and another run north to hide in the city. THe War Wizard kills him, why she is questioning him us I make a break for it and JUST BARELY make it out. News from the others is that they are down. Im the only one left, I come back to them to help them. I arrive to find the "victim" beating them all to death, I cast a blue missle from my hand and he falls.

Now, almost every thing, to me, seemed fine up to this point. Anyway, back to the story.

Out of no where someone comes and kills me, My stuff falls on the ground. The War Wizard comes, and start trying to get anwsers. Khadgar refuses and then, a wondering Gnome comes from the fog. Notices my things, picks them up, and walks off. After the War Wizard TOLD him he could take them icon_evil.gif

Now, the next say... 10 min is hard to remmber, tho in the end Khadgar, my brothers drow, and a friend are all in jail.

We are in jail, we try to break out why we wait for the War Wizard. She gets there, we are questioned, we refuse, then we are slain, warped to the Fugue Plain, and then by some odd magic warped BACK into jail.

Now from here on the story becomes OOC commits back and forth. We are killed a few more times, then I respawn and in a blind rage go to the jail and try to kill the War Wizard. Alsmost did it to! Take that mages, level one and level 20 dukeing it out and I almost won! Anyway, I leave and kill a NPC commoner out of my "drows anger" and then go afk in a building to post my story at the boards. Mostly about that 10 min that I cant remmber.(( Of is it that I dont WANT to remmber icon_eek.gif )) Then, I go to the chat. A DM comes on and talks about he just banned a guy... icon_eek.gif I ask who, he says "Khadgar Evileyes, account name Super3" icon_eek.gif "Thats me!" I cry. Then all I get is a "Too bad"

LAter I post to try and get unbanned, I get a reply about the whole thing was ooc, that when I ran in the building to go afk (( Why go afk you ask? Go back a few months when it was popular on a friday night and try to log in icon_wink.gif )) that I was "Exploiting the AI" that "Killing the commoner which would have respawned in 10 min when the server reset, was completely ooc" and that "You just plain acted stupid"

After im banned, the Drow Subrace is remmoved, all drow characters are marked "Free game" and can be killed without any IC reason, and I realize how big of jerks the whole CoA community were. Since banning me, the server has NEVER been as fun as it was, or so say the friendly people in the NwN chat.

A while back, some of you may remmber, I posted a post about "Am I a good Roleplayer?" That was part of my plan to get unbanned by showing them I had changed. Not that I wanted to go back, just that I dont like being banned. I find out what IRC is and pay them a little visit. The community is made of the same EXACT players as before talking about useless junk and how CoA is no fun anymore. I try to see who remmbers me, get one response. About 30min later, being the jerks they are, im banned from the IRC and drop the whole "geting unbanned from Arabel" Project.

The End.

Ok, time to go kill terrorist on Ghost Recon.
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... well dyso isn't dead. It still has a server UP and RUNNING. It's Bri's server. Its just that everyone *thinks* its dead, and its not. So...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sep
PostTue 08/26/03 8:12pm
No players = dead.  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story Norrec.... When I get time I'll post about me on Anphillia, but I allready am late... and if I dont get the next hour of class my mom will have me 'slain' for that...
Maelstrom696969
PostWed 08/27/03 3:11pm
So Cobar is dead too, Sep?  Reply with quote

Sep
PostWed 08/27/03 3:18pm
yep. at this time.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostWed 08/27/03 3:24pm
Yep says Sep.  Reply with quote

Sep
PostWed 08/27/03 3:31pm
in all fairness, however, it was never officially deemed "alive"  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it-is-not-dead (classic case of selfdenial), just...really, really spacious...

Yea that's it... spacious (runs away from the echo).

I'm thinking after i exported the whole tuskan mod to a new fresh mod (corruption in the mod we use now makes it so we can't import anything) we can start up a couple of dm events, invite people in for a couple of events that set the mood for the mod and gets everyone together.
View users profile Send private message
Sep
PostWed 08/27/03 3:44pm
Sounds good, I hope I can make it.  Reply with quote

RedStorm
PostWed 08/27/03 10:51pm
Falkhor ;-; that made me cry  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
it-is-not-dead (classic case of selfdenial), just...really, really spacious...

Yea that's it... spacious (runs away from the echo).

So does that mean your module is dead too? icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just dormant until you people start showing up in larger numbers...
With just one or two players at the time the urge to stick around isnt alltogether big for dm's as well as players hence the planned dm events to get a group of people in at the same time, set them up with some events that tie into the campaign and let things grow from there. Tuskan as it is is far from finished but somewhat playable. You have your markets, npc's, encounters, loot, space. mostly it just needs a few stubborn people camping in there teaming up...
Marquis Drayfox
PostThu 08/28/03 4:22pm
Heh, kinda like dyso... but without players....

echo echo echo echo........

Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I get banned from Anphillia:

It was another day of goblin hunting in Anphillia for my sorceress character, and I managed to find a group to hunt with... while we we're at it... we told someone to wait and let the high levelers go first... He still ran in and left me behind alone... so I said "oh god.. the fuck up went first" I got a warning for saying that... when there wasn't anyone around. WEll the other thing was really something minor...
I bashed a signpost after a dm said You shouldnt bash it because it crashes the server...
I kinda thought he was joking and then got banned LOL
Kindo
PostThu 08/28/03 5:52pm
Haha! You're so assy sometimes. icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I hate dealing with authorities... because I always think I'm right...
icon_mrgreen.gif
Thats why Im making my own mod now... I AM THE LAW! icon_rolleyes.gif
Norrec
Hero

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez... your geting banned was nothing close to mine...

Anyoen else out there been banned? Post you "Why I was banned" storys. In fact, I think I will make another topic for this, look for it in Off Topic.

I would play Tuskan... or would it be Har-Ruan? See I thoght they were going to be like the same... or something.... so now I dont know which one to play and its confuseing me. So im just waiting it out. But I will be in one of them when I know which to play! -cough- as long as others are there -cough cough-

That is.... if I have a computer when its done. Im thinking of beating my twin borhter up.... every day he stands there in my face talking about how Dyso is stupid and Tuskan will be too... and that everyone on these fourms are retarded. icon_mad.gif Then I try to tell him how Cobar will be diffrent, likely better, than dyso.... and then he inturrupts me 1/4 into what im saying to say how it will suck and everyone here sucks. Then he goes into how Lands of Lore is better... and I try to tell him Cobar isint finished yet... then he interupts again.... its so damn annoying!!!! cussing.gif Then to make it worse he is in the same room as me... so he never shuts the hell up! icon_mad.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why roll your eyes? Being the law is awesome.

As long as you're not a prick. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Shin2k
PostThu 08/28/03 7:51pm
Twin brother.. I guess that means your the same age...

BEAT HIM UP NORREC!!!!

Norrec
Hero

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to beat him up... but then... well I would like to see day light again before X-Mas icon_wink.gif
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a sense they are one and the same norrec. Remeber how Dyso had two servers running the same mod and you could go from one to the other? Same basic principle here, only now one server runs Har rhun and one Tuskan. You can play them both with the same character by traveling between them.
Norrec
PostFri 08/29/03 7:42pm
Yeah thats what I thoght.... but I didnt think the "portal" was there yet.  Reply with quote

Norrec
Hero

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got on Har-Rhun. Didnt get to do much but I love that fade out fade in going from the boat to shore icon_biggrin.gif I will edit when I get more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: