DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Death in Har-Rhun...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe have it so all thaose fire beetle bellys that you collected in tha wharehouse be useful for sumthin...either make um valuable to sell or if not that...then maybe have like a alchemist will turn each one into one of those fire bomb things you can throw...throw at like a hard to kill bodak or sumthin...you get my drift?

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
View users profile Send private message
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at the moment there is a place where this guy takes all things like that off your hands for some gold. Might as well list them:

Bodak's tooth
Dragon's blood
Ettercap's silk gland
Fairy dust
Fire beetle's belly
Gargoyle's skull
Quartz crystal
Rakshasa's eye
Skeleton's knuckle
Slaad's tongue

Currently the payout for each ranges from 2-10gp. Might make it higher later on. All you have to do is find him aye?

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that those grenade-like weapons are available from the barkeeper in the Brine & Froth inn.
Sep
PostFri 08/08/03 8:41pm
Heh yeah 'cept me and the barkeep dont get along because I threatened his boss.  Reply with quote

AliZee'
PostFri 08/08/03 10:20pm
well yeah you can buy them...but who has gold to buy them?  Reply with quote

CattiBrie

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 65k gold Alizee, come get some icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_biggrin.gif
Griff Inn
PostSat 08/09/03 7:28pm
Not like they are expensive anyway, 60gp for the most expensive one.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... I'm sitting in Pergatory right now waiting for my ten minutes to expire. I've died three times now, thus far I've prayed 5 times each death and up to this very second, prayed 14 times without a single success.... AUGH!!! I'm about to pull out my hair!

Thank god you only have to wait ten minutes. And what REALLY sucks is that I'm really friggen close to level 3!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I died several times in a row last night. I am level 2 and trying to fight the beetles in the warehouse. Got hit twice for 8 damage each time, and died. Sitting in purgatory for 10 minutes sucks when I die in every battle. Perhaps we can change it so that you spend 1 minute per level in there. That way we get a break on the 10 minute wait until level 10, when it gets a little harder to die. I played for probably an hour and spent 40 minutes in purgatory. Of course, if there was someone else on with me we might have had a better chance. Dont get me wrong I like harsh death, it just got really boring spending 2/3 of my playtime every time waiting to pray again.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone has to maybe play a bit more cautiously. I've been testing Har Rhun solo for ages, you don't have to die, even when testing brand new stuff solo I don't die often considering.

I think Purg is being changed soon anyway, I'm sure you'll like the new idea much better. icon_smile.gif

Last edited by Uin on Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good. You guys are great on feedback. As for my tactics, they are solid, as far as I can tell. I am a level 2 Rogue/Bard who uses a crossbow, stealth, summoning, running away, etc. I have 16 hp and a 20 AC. That particular night the server was laggy, i think i had a 600 ping and I was the only one on. There were beetle bellies alllllllllll over the floor, and I suspect that is what caused it. I had a summoned boar and went into the warehouse, then three beetles spawned right on top of me and two got attacks of opportunity, and they both hit for 8 hp. Dead Sep. 10 minutes later I went back to get my belongings, and this time i used stealth to get to the nest, but one of them spotted me and then I had about 20 beetles surrounding me. If there are any tips for a level 2 non-melee character im all ears.

I would mention the thing about the undead in the crypt, but Id rather not appear like a fool.
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually sep, that's a really good idea. Spending one minute per level in purgatory is a fantastic suggestion. Keeping the statue is good too, that way it gives players something to do while waiting. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
PostWed 09/10/03 6:19pm
1 minute per level sounds good to me.  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
PostWed 09/10/03 6:19pm
1 minute per level sounds good to me.  Reply with quote

Sep
PostWed 09/10/03 6:36pm
w00t!

Thanks a TON!

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to an issue regarding item dropping on death, (thanks to Sep for finding it), the system has been changed slightly:

what happens now is a cycle is made through all the items in your inventory (not including equipped items) and makes a 1d100 roll for each. if the roll for that item is less than 10, then that item is dropped. This means that if you are lucky you will drop no itms, but get bad luck and you could lose more than 3. It is even more randomised than before though, so I like it.

Just putting things into perspective, say you had 10 items in your inventory. The percentage chance of losing all ten items on death would be 0.1 times 10 to the power -8, or 0.000000001% (not very high).
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and plot items, such as keys, house deeds can never be dropped on death. icon_smile.gif
Ng'ree
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14
 85%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff,

How about giving each character 1 standard bag or box that cannot be dropped at death or PP'ed or at leat that have lower chances. This would allow the characters to choose a few items that they want to preserve.

Also talking about bags if you loose a bag at death what happens to the contents.

Gnobi Chaos Moon Clan
Stupidest Gobo on Dyso
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1. How about giving each character 1 standard bag or box that cannot be dropped at death or PP'ed or at leat that have lower chances. This would allow the characters to choose a few items that they want to preserve.

2. Also talking about bags if you loose a bag at death what happens to the contents.

1. I think I can manage that. Though I'd prefer more comments on this. Good idea or bad idea?

2. Good question... I use CopyItem so technically if a bag is dropped the contents should be in there with them. However if this does not work and the items don't go into the bag and are deleted, I will change it so bags cannot be dropped, which would link to question 1.
Norrec
Hero

XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of ONE bag being undropable/hard to steal.

On the secound one tho... if a bag falls on the ground really all of its contents should go with it. So if you dont want to risk loseing all of your super mega rare items at once, put them in diffrent bags. I havent read many of the other post but... what happens if someone does the bullet thing? Fills up on bullets and then when they die they drop 3 bullets. You know what would fix it? Drop everything on death.... but 85% of the Neverwinter Night community probly isint ready for that yet.
Griff Inn
PostSun 09/14/03 10:09pm
This script disregards the number of bullets someone has. It is completely decided on a roll of the dice.  Reply with quote

Ng'ree
PostMon 09/15/03 2:28am
the reason I was thinking of a SINGLE special bag is to prevent ppl from buying lots of bags and sticking all into them.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like having a single special bag. Excellent idea! That way we don't drop our Chaotic Books of Shapechanging! icon_biggrinno.gif
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:
Due to an issue regarding item dropping on death, (thanks to Sep for finding it), the system has been changed slightly:

what happens now is a cycle is made through all the items in your inventory (not including equipped items) and makes a 1d100 roll for each. if the roll for that item is less than 10, then that item is dropped. This means that if you are lucky you will drop no itms, but get bad luck and you could lose more than 3. It is even more randomised than before though, so I like it.

Just putting things into perspective, say you had 10 items in your inventory. The percentage chance of losing all ten items on death would be 0.1 times 10 to the power -8, or 0.000000001% (not very high).

Sep found this out because Sep dies alot. icon_wink.gif
Griff Inn
PostTue 09/16/03 2:13pm
Just to let you all know, the 10% chance is proving a bit too high, so it will be lowered to 5% for the next upload.  Reply with quote

Ng'ree
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14
 85%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The script works however I am now finding out that I loose an average of 4-5 items on death often 8-9. The probabliities to loose all 10 items are actually higher than that (don't exactly remember the exact calculation (been 15 years I did probablilties)).

That would not be too bad except that in many cases I have found my inventory unavaiable (blank) while in the Purg or once back in the world it tends to get hard when you have 20 heal kits that are unreachable!!!!

Gnobi Chaos Moon Clan
Stupidest Gobo on Dyso
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the probabilities are a lot LOWER than that. If you had ten items in your inventory, and you had a ten percent chance of losing them all, your chances are .1 x .1 x .1 .... etc. In other words, 10 to the power of -10. So, its lower than that Griff. At least, I'm pretty sure of this.

.0000000001 That's what it should be. (One more zero) It doesn't SOUND right, but I think it is.
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the decimal in the right place in the script? Ever seen Office Space?

"I probably forgot a decimal point in there. I am always messing up a Monday detail!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: