DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Druids guild

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Zantia-1
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11
 54%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Druids guild Reply with quote

Ok, Uin shouldnt be in charge of the druids guild. This is mainly because of the fact that he's a new druid, and therefore unfamilar with our ways...say, if we worship gods or not.

I would be happy to design the druids guild. I belive the suppost of othere druids is with me, as of course we all dislike Uin's new guild. - that is to say we dont like any of the ideas that he's told us so far.

Any agreeing druid please post here too

Zan
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off, I think Uin would be a very good Druid leader. He has been with us for a very long, long time. Second, I don't think you're in the right position to be suggesting this, and after reading some of your posts already on the boards, I can tell that your decisions are very self-centered.

Keep trying though, you might just piss someone off. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first of all - this ain't a popularity contest.

Secondly, Uin has been helping out with testing since Har-Rhun started, and so we thought he deserved something for sticking around when everyone else didn't. That is why he's designing the druid's grove... as for his ideas, I haven't heard that many of them so I don't know whether I can agree or disagree with them.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z did some redesigning on the druid areas in Tuskan so most likely i'll leave him in charge of organizing the druid circle in Tuskan. He also knows some of the Tuskan history regarding druids which serves as a good background and actually gives druids in Tuskan a real function.
The idea is that druids can plant seeds in rural and wooded areas that will hatch Woodland Stalkers, creatures that act as protectors of the wildlife and flora.
Druids have their own armors, weapons and "holy" item.
View users profile Send private message
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Falk.

However all the druids I have spoken to want a single, unified druids circle not two competing ones (which they inevitably will do simply due to the lack of actual druid players)

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Zantia-1
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11
 54%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

ok...I'm sorry for suggesting i do the druids guild- that was rather selfish

but what we're really looking for is the 1 unified guild throughout cobar and uin wont here a word of it

Zan
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... what about working together, then? I'm sure two proficient druid players can combine their nature-loving minds, and make a unified druid guild that outmatches any other druid guild in existance.

Doesn't that sound all good and jolly? Image19.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Zantia, I know exactly what SHOULD happen with Druids and deities. icon_wink.gif
And what ideas have I told you. icon_confused.gif
Oh and I'm not a brand new Druid player, I've even had one on Dyso, probably didn't know it was me tho. icon_cool.gif
Anyway if anyone is unhappy with any druid related things that come up in the future just say, I don't want anything blowing up. icon_smile.gif

Now with myth dispelled:
I'd just like to say to everyone that nothing is finalised. I'm just in the beginning of creating a druid's grove, making guild items, planning rules and ranks etc. Who knows if its even going to be accepted?
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you got the devs' backing. If they gotta choose between a druid guild started by a fellow developer, or a regular player... they'll surely take the developer's. Even if the regular players has more experience and has done it more "professional".

You think it's impossible to work together?
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Because you got the devs' backing. If they gotta choose between a druid guild started by a fellow developer, or a regular player... they'll surely take the developer's. Even if the regular players has more experience and has done it more "professional".

You think it's impossible to work together?

And such is an issue in the world today. Teachers that have been with schools for 30 years and don't even have doctorates... they would never get hired there in today's world, but because they hold seniority, they are still with the company and the company still listens to them.

You see... it's almost like 'trust.' Tell me Kindo.... let's say you have two friends; one who is pretty good and whom you have known for nearly two decades and you trust with your life. On the other hand, you have a new friend you have been haning out with now for a few months. You think he's really damn good because his 'doctorate' says so. Which one are you going to choose?

I can think of a lot of instances that prove this. For example, when I worked for Target, they had new managers coming on ALL the time. It always sucked too because after you get used to one persons rules, you have to change to another set of them. But see... what I found funny was how these guys went through MONTHS of training, only to find out that they can't even run the friggen cash register right... Sure, their resume says they can, but can they really?

These are the kinds of things we have to look at. Are we going to trust Uin because we all know him and know that he's a good guy? Or are we going to put our hands in someone new, who claims that he is good?

Think it over really hard...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, trying not to sound boastful here, I think Zantia stepped down and I think I was the other choice they were on about Foxboy, so I suggest editing your post... Youre starting to sound like weirdlook.gif .

Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:
Okay, first of all - this ain't a popularity contest.

Secondly, Uin has been helping out with testing since Har-Rhun started, and so we thought he deserved something for sticking around when everyone else didn't. That is why he's designing the druid's grove... as for his ideas, I haven't heard that many of them so I don't know whether I can agree or disagree with them.

I second everything in this post.
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone lockify or better yet delete all this. Zantia does not mean what he said in the original post and he has apologised. Please stop beating the dead badger.

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxBoy.... I think everyone (including the hardass developers) knows just how proficient Z is when it comes to druids and druid guilds. Besides, he's already worked with Falk, with the guild there. So I don't think it has anything to do with "trust".
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually replying to regards of what Kindo had to say. And I already apologized to Zantia for what I said. If he wants to drag it on, that's his problem. I was just pointing something out!

Let's all be friends! icon_smile.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone is designing their own module they can appoint whomever the hell they want to set up this or that or run this or that. Last time I looked Griff and I were working on Har-Rhun and Uin has done a damn lot of hours of testing and such. I don't give a rats-ass who might have a better idea or whatever, I'll appoint whomever the hell I want to appoint. This applies to some other stuff we're working on ... the folks who have been sticking it out and playtesting ... we're gonna be more receptive to their ideas and suggestions.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
FoxBoy.... I think everyone (including the hardass developers) knows just how proficient Z is when it comes to druids and druid guilds. Besides, he's already worked with Falk, with the guild there. So I don't think it has anything to do with "trust".

You can be the best druid that ever existed, but you have the wrong attitude towards things and you will get nowhere.
GorbGuy
PostTue 09/23/03 2:58am
K, since the one's who have their hands in the mod have their minds made up, this topic is pretty much finite...  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: