DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia.com Seti@Home

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Dysotopia.com Seti@Home Reply with quote

Ok, I've seen a bunch of stats on how big and beefy some of your computers are, so, prove it. Join me in my conquest of finding intelligent life out there :thinks: hmm, too bad it can't do the same for our own planet. icon_twisted.gif Hehe, anyways, I've updated my Seti@Home account and created a new group called.. Dysotopia (I know, really original.) So, if you are tired of the Flying Toasters screensaver, give it a look see. Here's my stats, for those that know what Seti@Home is. http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?email=gorbguy@dysotopia.com&cmd=user_stats_new
Here's the group stats http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_166185.html
And here's their main page where those that don't know what it is, can find out. http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/learnmore.html
Marine436
PostWed 04/16/03 2:22pm
ok...

SOrry for being dumb but...

*confused as hell*

GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine436 - Nel\Pant wrote:
ok...

SOrry for being dumb but...

*confused as hell*

GorbGuy wrote:
And here's their main page where those that don't know what it is, can find out. http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/learnmore.html
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

must you make me look THAT stuiped ? you reply to me with just words that say stuff, already said and say im dumb ! EH ?

well im tired...and im suppose to be programming Java !!! so go away !!!

!!
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROLF! Your grammar ain't helping your cause, Marine! icon_lol.gif

Quote:

must you make me look THAT stuiped ? you reply to me with just words that say stuff, already said and say im dumb ! EH ?
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know...i know...it's early

when i wake up...durring last hour, ill edit it and go "what the hell was i thinking"..

ever notice my Stupied post happen around the time of this posting ???
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, at least I am going to contribute...and I am quite positive I have the crappiest PC around icon_wink.gif And marine, he means that you should read the link, not just say "what?".

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mogster
PostWed 04/16/03 3:24pm
Sorry, both my boxes have been been running distributed.net for a few years now.  Reply with quote

Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Dysotopia.com Seti@Home Reply with quote

GorbGuy wrote:
Ok, I've seen a bunch of stats on how big and beefy some of your computers are, so, prove it. Join me in my conquest of finding intelligent life out there :thinks: hmm, too bad it can't do the same for our own planet. icon_twisted.gif Hehe, anyways, I've updated my Seti@Home account and created a new group called.. Dysotopia (I know, really original.) So, if you are tired of the Flying Toasters screensaver, give it a look see. Here's my stats, for those that know what Seti@Home is. http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?email=gorbguy@dysotopia.com&cmd=user_stats_new
Here's the group stats http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_166185.html

i will sound like the usual pain in the ass that i am...
but there might just be some more productive way of using your horse power...

http://folding.stanford.edu/

who need little green men when you got OGT..
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously little green men are cool!!!!!!!!
And Gorb, how the hell did you do this:
SETI@home user for: 3.398 years

Oh, damn, I suppose that is 3 years and a bit, instead of 3 thousand 398 years... :$

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Dysotopia.com Seti@Home Reply with quote

Y wrote:
i will sound like the usual pain in the ass that i am...
but there might just be some more productive way of using your horse power...

http://folding.stanford.edu/

who need little green men when you got OGT..
Because, folding and misbending protien structures isn't quite as "geeky" as searching for ET. If we wanted to be really productive, we could goto any of the various distrubuted computing software's out there searching for cures for cancer, searching for the cure to HIV, etc. And the thing I don't like about those copy cat distributed computing screensavers, is that their's uses a certain percentage of your processing power to do various other tasks, where Seti is 100% what they say it is up front. Gotta read those EULA's. icon_cool.gif I tried the search for cancer, and was a little disgusted at what else they were using my peecee for.
Quote:
Film studios and game developers of limited size and budget take advantage of on-demand processing in order to meet peak rendering cycles for films or important project deadlines.
So, they are basically labeling something as "being good for the world" when in fact a certain percentage get's used for processing Shrek?! Kinda low.
GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Seriously little green men are cool!!!!!!!!
And Gorb, how the hell did you do this:
SETI@home user for: 3.398 years

Oh, damn, I suppose that is 3 years and a bit, instead of 3 thousand 398 years... :$
Yup, but I personally like seeing this better..
You have completed more work units than 97.486% of our users. So, I'm doing better than about 97.5% of a total over well over 4.4 Million people. Not bad. Hehe, I love being competetive. icon_twisted.gif
Nefiorim
PostWed 04/16/03 7:33pm
hmm I have 500+ work units or something, but I retired icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! We need more Dysotopia people on this geeky yet funny and not so productive project!!!!! So far, I have seen a total of three people: Me, Solo and Gorbie himself. Get more people over there!!!!!!!!

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Ok cool Reply with quote

Cool I had it a few years ago, me and my buddies installed it on all the computers at work. I had since lost the website address. I will install it at home when I get back.

I am currently at the Novell conference in Salt Lake City. I will be home on Thurday late night. See you guys this weekend.

Angel
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm xenophobic.

In fact, I am Ender the Xenocide.

Ahh ... Orson Scott Card ... who is nearly a neighbor of mine, in a manner of speaking.
Darkshadow666
PostThu 04/17/03 1:56pm
Great reference Conrad a definite must read for sci-fi geeks. I loved the books.  Reply with quote

Briss
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20
 20%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine436 - Nel\Pant wrote:

well im tired...and im suppose to be programming Java !!! so go away !!!

!!

How the hell can you be programming Java when your grammer is horrible!

Brissa, the dippsy druid.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How the hell can you be programming Java when your grammer is horrible!

Ooohhh, that's low....but quite true. How can you do that? Programming is the ONE thing requiring an insane amount of syntax....... But then again, compilers CAN pick it out for you.

And we still need more people on the Dysotopia group thingie icon_wink.gif

gaea106
PostFri 04/18/03 3:30am
Ok, back home. It's installed and I have joined the group. Thanks Mitch for reminding me of this cool program.

Angel

Lord Randall
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... I was already running the program since I got this computer back up and going... I'm definitely in.

Hmm, only at 40, although suprisingly that already puts me ahead of apparently almost 75% of registered users. It's almost depressing to look up and see how badly you've been owned by Gorb though... good lord is that a lot of cpu time.
View users profile Send private message
GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!
This Seti group is still there, for those interested. icon_biggrin.gif

I should have been a sales guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: