DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Gregor the Mad

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Gregor the Mad Reply with quote

I have started writing this NPC as a part of the Pearl Coast region. He is a hermit (overtly) yet has a scrying pool and is very good at using it. For a fee he can give you a vision, wrapped in riddles. His fees can range from anything to everything. He doesnt really care about the things he asks for, he just likes to test strangers to determine their worth before giving them help. He will be True Neutral, and will aid evil and good alike. I am thinking Gnome for race, and of course Wizard for class. High Int, Wis. Medium Con and Cha. Low Str and Dex. He always has a "sanctuary" spell active that prevents attackers from taking his life.

He also has the ability to scribe scrolls given the proper reagents. There should be Int and Wis checks embedded in the dialogue to weed out PCs that minimize one or both of these stats. He will be located in his shack somewhere in the region. There should be a locked door to his shack, and upon clicking the door, a dialogue window pops up with his initial test riddle. Anyone with a negative Int or Wis modifier will be denied entry. As Gregor's help becomes better, so do the Int/Wis checks. Only high Int/Wis characters will be able to hold conversation with him in the end.

Whatcha think?
Conrad Hollows
PostThu 10/09/03 2:06am
I like it, Sep ... but I don't like that I had to add words to this post for it to be long enuff ...  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why you just press the spacebar a good number of times to get around that. icon_wink.gif But yeah, that does sounds pretty cool! And Gnome probably would fit the best.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: